Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

For Sale 2013 Honda CBR500R-$4000

For Sale 2013 Honda CBR500R-$4000

2013 Honda CBR 500R

I am on the South Shore, asking $4000. Serious Buyers only.

From the craigslist ad:
    I am selling my 2013 Honda CBR 500R with 4311 miles on it. I am the second owner of this bike, and I have a clean title in hand, the bike is registered in MA until next year. This is one of the cleanest used bikes you will ever see.

Maintenance done this spring before the season:
    Oil/filter (also done 1 week ago)
    Coolant
    Fork Oil
    Brake Fluid
    Chain clean/lube (done every ~500 miles)

Modifications:
    The OEM progressive front fork springs have been replaced with Racetech .85 kg/mm springs, I also added Racetech's gold valve emulators to allow for adjustable compression dampening. The stock fork oil (5wt) was replaced with 15 wt Silkolene fork oil. The stock fork caps were replaced with fork caps that allow for the adjustment of preload, making the front suspension nearly completely adjustable.

The OEM rear shock is only preload adjustable, so it was replaced with the OEM shock from a 2012 GSXR750. This shock is a matches the length and spring rate of the OEM Honda shock, but has adjustable rebound/compression damping. Making these suspension adjustments made a huge difference in the feel of the bike, I really can't emphasize that enough.

The stock rubber brake lines were replaced with SS Coremoto brake lines, and the stock pads were replaced with EBC Sintered HH pads this spring (pads are like new)

Power Commander PC-V running one of Dynojet's stock maps.

For appearances, a Honda OEM seat cowl and Honda OEM rear tire hugger were added.

The stock levers were replaced with short adjustable levers, and the stock grips were replaced with Pro Grip Duo Density 717 grips.

I have the stock springs, shock, OEM chain guard (replaced by the tire hugger), pillion seat, and passenger pegs, all come included with the bike.

In addition to the parts listed, if you are willing to pay the full asking price, I will include a set of Dunlop Q3's for this bike (120/17, 160/17) that are brand new and have never been used. I will also include a rear stand with both swing arm pads and adapters for spools and the service manual. Again, these extras are included with the full asking price.

Unfortunately, the previous owner dropped the bike in her driveway at a stand still (thats why she sold it) so there is a slight scuff on the muffler and the upper tail fairing has a small crack in it (see pictures). The blemishes are hardly noticeable unless you are looking closely for them.

This is an awesome learner bike, often considered better than a ninja 250 or 300 because you will not get bored as fast.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, and come take a look at the bike. I can provide more details or images if you would like.

I will allow test rides to serious buyers only (with proper gear and proof of license), with the full payment in my hand before you test it, under the condition that if you crash, the bike is yours.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: For Sale 2013 Honda CBR500R-$4000

Were you at the Penguin Thompson day in June? I was the guy pitted to the left of you on the yellow CBR. Sup.
    Good luck with the sale.

Very cool bike. GLWS.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    Were you at the Penguin Thompson day in June? I was the guy pitted to the left of you on the yellow CBR. Sup.
    Good luck with the sale.
    I was indeed, hows it going Matt?

Unfortunately (or fortunately however you want to look at it) it looks as though work is taking me to Southern California, and it doesn't seem to make a ton of sense to ship the bike out there just to sell it. Looking to upgrade to a more comfortable street bike and get something dedicated for the track, as the addiction is real and has me by the balls.

@slowkermit Thanks! appreciate it