Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

mv augusta

Re: mv augusta

i noticed i spelled agusta wrong in the subject and i dont see how i can edit it.. its drivin me crazy !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

fukin bastids !!!! this is a new scam.. I have seen many from craigslist but this is new.

Hello,
    I saw your ad about the bike and i was wondering if it's still available, because i am really interested. It looks good from what i can see, and I just want to know if there are any noticeable scratches that aren’t on the pictures (if there are, would it be a problem for you to send some more pictures showing them)? Do you have bike history report? Lastly,are you firm on the price or are you open for negotiating?
    Looking forward to hearing from you, Scott

i replied answering his questions... thought he was legit cuz ive never had a scammer ask specific questions ..

then i get this.

Scott Arbour to ptvj8-5965618944

Thank you for reply. That price is fine. I have a really long trip to you so i want to make sure everything is fine with the bike, before I come. That's the reason i asked for report..Could you send me one from junctionreports.com because my mechanic told me to ask for that one and since I asked for it i am going to repay you when i come to see the bike. If you send me the report and if everything is in good order, I can come on Friday so we can finalize everything.
    Please let me know what you think.

and there u have it...
    junctionreports is a scam.. it just steals your CC info..

we can only hope this guy gets hit by a bus..

Yup, craigslist is full of scam.

I just reply with 'when would you like to come see it?'

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Yup, craigslist is full of scam.

I just reply with 'when would you like to come see it?'
    he would have said that he will come but wants the report 1st since he really had no intention.

i replied to the last email with a picture of a pile of shit

Lol, nice

beautiful bike dude. Don't let them cheap you out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Eddie; 02-03-17 at 05:40 PM.

xxaarraa

Caloots, I just bought another MV Agusta, otherwise I would have bought yours.

mv augusta-img_20170120_122401-jpg

I blame jwkmk3k3 for making me do grown up shit like buy investment properties.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Caloots, I just bought another MV Agusta, otherwise I would have bought yours.

mv augusta-img_20170120_122401-jpg

I blame jwkmk3k3 for making me do grown up shit like buy investment properties.
    Ill take that blame.

In a few years, youll be able to have a few MV's.....

mv augusta-20161025_201810-jpg

Oh, and one of these days youll get my username right. Maybe.

Holy shit.. lol.. 🤣

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lifer

While dealers can be assholes, they are also in business and do not want to take in a used bike with low demand, in winter, at a top of market price.

Non MV dealers are scared that they won't be able to move the unit. MV dealers need a clear separation in price between your used unit and the new units they already have to deeply discount to move.

Everyone thinks their stuff is worth more than the market thinks it is. This isn't assholery or getting ripped off, it's just the difference between perception and reality.

Your best bet is to find a rich unicorn who is dying to own your used M3. Other than that it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it today.

Buying motorcycles new and changing your mind in the first few years of ownership is a really expensive hobby. With rare exceptions the depreciation is brutal. This is especially so for odd brand high end stuff that's not being moved from one "collector" to another in pristine, unridden condition.

Best of lucks with this, but my sense is that you'll take a beating on that M3 in the checkbook that is worse than the beating it administered to you on the road and it will not improve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    While dealers can be assholes, they are also in business and do not want to take in a used bike with low demand, in winter, at a top of market price.

Non MV dealers are scared that they won't be able to move the unit. MV dealers need a clear separation in price between your used unit and the new units they already have to deeply discount to move.

Everyone thinks their stuff is worth more than the market thinks it is. This isn't assholery or getting ripped off, it's just the difference between perception and reality.

Your best bet is to find a rich unicorn who is dying to own your used M3. Other than that it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it today.

Buying motorcycles new and changing your mind in the first few years of ownership is a really expensive hobby. With rare exceptions the depreciation is brutal. This is especially so for odd brand high end stuff that's not being moved from one "collector" to another in pristine, unridden condition.

Best of lucks with this, but my sense is that you'll take a beating on that M3 in the checkbook that is worse than the beating it administered to you on the road and it will not improve over time.
    I agree to a point. But I'm not being unrealistic. This is Lower than the average price they are selling for.. offering 6500 for my bike is bullshit.. clearly a low ball stunt.. crying about how they don't know what to sell it for.. bullshit. If I gave them my bike for 6500 they are going to turn around and put it on the lot for 13k or more.. ya Winter is a bad time..I would have waited but I'm concerned that the left overs will be gone by the spring.. that dealer in NJ blows.. we had an agreement and instead of saying they were wrong they decided to try to claim we did not have an agreement on paper... The only reason I was looking to trade it in was to avoid a sales tax scam.

New MV's do not sell well at all. The company has to offer rebates, finance deals etc. just to move them. There are always a ton of 'leftover' models each year.

I personally love MV's. Ive owned 3....and will own more in the future.

And after re-reading this thread, my personal opinion is: keep the F3 and rip it at the track. I know its nice, and I know its rare and I know its expensive. But lets face it, we aint talkin hundreds of thousands of dollars here.

Id LOVE to race an F3 800....

Want a pair of Ducati 848 racebikes in trade?

I hate to say it, but I agree with John. It's a cool bike, but it's not super rare or super special. It's just cool. Keep it and continue to be the envy of the track day crowd.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

6500 may be low but the small quantity of transactions would make any dealer leery of the amount they can get for it. The market isn't as defined as it is for a more common bike.

The primary downward price pressure on the value of your bike is most likely the deep discounting MV dealers are doing to move new and left over stock. MV is not exactly thriving and that impacts market value.

As John said, you might be better off keeping it and figuring how to cover it in track day body work, leaving the street plastics pristine.

At this point in my bike owning experience, I buy new and commit to at least 15,000 miles. If I decide to trade it in well short of that, I consider the purchase o have been a mistake for my riding preferences. YMMV

I will end up keeping it if I don't get a fair price.. I do love it.. wish there were more dealers around though

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post

The primary downward price pressure on the value of your bike is most likely the deep discounting MV dealers are doing to move new and left over stock.
    That. And the fact that if anyone's looking for an Italian bike (which to start with, is a fraction of all people looking for bikes), they would have to say no to Ducati, and then Aprilia to get to MV. MV buyers are (more often than not) looking specifically for an MV because they already have a Ducati and maybe even an Aprilia and want the third choice for variety.

I said what Johnny and Pinned said to you via PM like 2 months ago Caloots. You won't get anything for it in the general market. So either hold it and wait for that one or two guys to come through your door, or just ride it and enjoy it. I'd do the latter, but YMMV.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 02-04-17 at 04:58 PM.

😕

Lifer

It's a rad bike. Shitty time to sell. Hold out til spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    It's a rad bike. Shitty time to sell. Hold out til spring.
    I am going to try dat

I might just have to do that..
    It sux that cycles 128 is the only MV dealer around here..
    That's another PITA.. not close to me however I do most of my own work but sometimes you don't have specialty tools needed to do work... Things I didn't think of.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    New MV's do not sell well at all. The company has to offer rebates, finance deals etc. just to move them. There are always a ton of 'leftover' models each year.

I personally love MV's. Ive owned 3....and will own more in the future.

And after re-reading this thread, my personal opinion is: keep the F3 and rip it at the track. I know its nice, and I know its rare and I know its expensive. But lets face it, we aint talkin hundreds of thousands of dollars here.

Id LOVE to race an F3 800....

Want a pair of Ducati 848 racebikes in trade?
    I might just have to do that..
    It sux that cycles 128 is the only MV dealer around here..
    That's another PITA.. not close to me however I do most of my own work but sometimes you don't have specialty tools needed to do work... Things I didn't think of.. lol

If you have the space, keep it and get a cheap SV for the track. The bath you're likely to take on resale is >= $sv, and you won't spend the whole trackday worrying about low-siding it.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

wasnt someone selling a 1500$ trackready 2000 SV???

hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    wasn't someone selling a 1500$ trackready 2000 SV???
    Someone always is. The "ready" part might be debatable. Chuckling a bit here that the NESR answer to MV Agusta is SV650

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast