Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nice Pellet stove 45k BTU

Why Lie? It Was Me.... HO-HUM-R1's Avatar

Nice Pellet stove 45k BTU

2008 Envirofire Meridian pellet stove.. Unit was purchased new in 2009 and has been used the last seasons. This is a free standing stove rated at 45,000 BTU and capable of heating up to 2500 square ft of living area, and only requires a straight through exhaust passage. We saved a ton of money on oil in the past 3 years, with no need to run the furnace and no worries about where the thermostat is set. I would walk into a home that was 75* after plowing all night, it was great. No more running the furnace at 64 trying to save money! This unit is well cared for and it looks and runs excellent. At only 3 years old there are many, many years of life left in this one and it will serve someone for a long time to come. Unit is still hooked up until it sells so it can be fired for demos.

All original manuals and $200. Hearth Stone pad Included!

Buy it for half of the new price at $1500. OBO.... PM or call 781-718-0624

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by HO-HUM-R1; 09-16-12 at 08:49 AM.
    2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

Re: Nice Pellet stove 45k BTU

ttt

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

I'm interested but how would that d be installed ?

Sav this would be a great buy for your new place if youve got a good spot to put it. Should be pretty cheap to have it installed

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

Can this be delivered?

Installation is a breeze, I did it myself.

I removed a small section of sheet rock first to make sure there was nothing in the wall where I wanted to mount it, i used a string and nail to mark out a circle ( i think it's 8"),then drilled a 1" hole all the way through the wall, next you use a sawzall to cut out he circle. The insulating sleeve goes in the circle, then the wall cover plates make everything look neat and hold the smaller 4" pipe in the center. That's pretty much all there is to it. Plug it in and go.

I can deliver the unit within a reasonable distance (75 miles from Saugus) for a little gas money, I could also be convinced to help install it for a little labor money...lol

bump it up
    obo

this thing cranks out the heat and pellets are super cheap this year

I'm doing my research on installation and if it's really worth it for me. You ll have an offer from me sooner or later.

Would you take $500 cash this week and I will not want/need the Hearth.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    Would you take $500 cash this week and I will not want/need the Hearth.
    Sorry, but no..

Still available....

I mis-read your comment about "buying it for half of the new price at $1500. OBO."
    You ment $1500 is 1/2 of what it was worth... Blonde moment...

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    Sorry, but no..

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Bump

Hmmm. Tempting. Have to figure out the install through a chimney though. Research time.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

fire place or wood stove?

Fireplace. House is brick so I can't go through a wall..

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Do you need to pull a permit to install this?

Not sure...I didn't

is it possible to heat two floors (1800 sq ft) with this? how does it get the heat around the house? fans?

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

stove is sold pending deposit, i will update if something doesn't work out

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Fireplace. House is brick so I can't go through a wall..
    You are probably looking for an insert then. They sell you a stainless pipe you drop down your chimney and pull through the flue. They look like this:

I cannot imagine installing a standalone stove in an existing fireplace without it looking like dog shit.

Honestly, I'd leave the fireplace alone and hire someone to drill a hole through your wall to install a standalone stove like ho-hum sold here.

Quote Originally Posted by cdseven95 View Post
    Do you need to pull a permit to install this?
    Totally depends. Here's what I know: If you ask, the answer is 'yes'. And if you do pull a permit, they will inspect. And if they inspect, they will bust your nuts about every spec and tolerance there is. And they will require you extend your hearth. (Note tile surround around the original brick hearth in the above.)

And if the guy that sells you the stove says you can use a non-flammable throw rug in place of extending the hearth; he is full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    You are probably looking for an insert then. They sell you a stainless pipe you drop down your chimney and pull through the flue. They look like this:

I cannot imagine installing a standalone stove in an existing fireplace without it looking like dog shit.

Honestly, I'd leave the fireplace alone and hire someone to drill a hole through your wall to install a standalone stove like ho-hum sold here

An insert would definitely be the aesthetic choice. They're $2500 or so for a decent one, plus install.

I've also toyed with one in the basement and cutting holes in the floor to add heat registers. That way I can exhaust out one of the little windows down there pretty easily. Not really digging that option though.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

keep me posted with this Tom, I havent lost interest

Looks like its sold guys... Deposit in hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast