Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Overhead bike crane/lift

Overhead bike crane/lift

So I built this thing several years back. It is a small rectangular crane that you'd pull your bike under and lift it. The overhead cross beam has a trailer winch on it rated for 2000#. It is a ratchet style. I didn't like it so I bought a worm gear type winch for it, probably much more fitting, but never installed it. I'll throw in that winch for the right deal.

The crane is in three sections, the two sides and the cross piece for easy storage. This is built of heavy gauge steel. I think the uprights are 2.5"x3/16" square tubing, for the length they are rated at over 10000# each. The upper cross member is 3" c-channel as well as the lower feet. It is about 5' tall and about 3.5-4' wide. Easily get a bike between it and not be overly in the way.
    The welds are ugly but sufficient. It is raw steel, has some surface rust, easily paintable.

I have used this multiple times to lift the front or rear of a bike. I once lifted my whole FJR (650+#), and it did it with ease. I am pretty sure this would lift your Toyota should you be able to fit it under it.

I don't need to get rid of it, I just don't use it, takes up space, heavy to move, thought maybe someone else could use it.
    Looking to get $150 for it. If there is no picture attached, I had an issue doing it so email for it. The pic is of the unit disassembled and sitting in the corner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overhead bike crane/lift-20140712_144619-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!