Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34

Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

  1. #26
    :unamused: hqp921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,597

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    Quote Originally Posted by mell0 View Post
    No issues with mine. I can take a video of it plugged in tomorrow so that everyone can see that it's in good working order.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that there was anything wrong with yours. Just that if you think it's "lost effectiveness" for whatever reason, Escort will make it "like new" again.

    GLWS.

    - HP

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #27
    Senior Member mell0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manayunk, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    469

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    sale pending

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Andy

    2013 Triumph Bonneville

  3. #28
    Lifer Stromper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eastern Ct
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    I have an old 8500 and a screamer http://www.motorcycleradar.com/radar_screamer.htm

    I believe it saves me a ticket a year minimal

    I do my speeding on mountain twisites where the LEO's seem to leave their radar on as they cruise

    I assume its too hard to turn on and off and aim while driving

    I don't do paypal or nor would I send cert check to a stranger... just me

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Stromper; 06-15-12 at 07:21 AM.
    The calculus of hate

    It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

  4. #29
    Senior Member mell0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manayunk, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    469

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    I don't do paypal or nor would I send cert check to a stranger... just me
    Don't do paypal? Practically the safest route of online purchase for a buyer and you don't use it? I understand the check issue, which is why I listed it second, but how else would you suggest I collect payment for an item I'm selling online?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Andy

    2013 Triumph Bonneville

  5. #30
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,470

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    I assume its too hard to turn on and off and aim while driving
    It isn't, it's a push-button or a click knob, usually reached from the drivers seat with ease. A lot of them have a box that sits right over the left-most air vent. That is where the speed display is as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    I don't do paypal or nor would I send cert check to a stranger... just me
    Then what would you use? Or do you just refuse to do business online and you're hear to tell us that.

    My paypal is still ready to go whenever you say so

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  6. #31
    Senior Member mell0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manayunk, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    469

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    My paypal is still ready to go whenever you say so
    Quote Originally Posted by mell0 View Post
    sale pending
    Paying the asking price.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Andy

    2013 Triumph Bonneville

  7. #32
    Senior Member njsrikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    616

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    am so very tempted to buy a RD after having been stopped atleast 4 times in the past year, all for doing 45 on a 35 or something similar.

    however, a simple question to RD users. what if the RD does not work and a cop stops you. she/he looks at your device and I assume you are bound to get a ticket at that point...right? how else will he/she react?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There’s just engineering, skill, and luck.

    -1988 Kawasaki Ninja 750 - sold
    -1997 Honda CBR600F3 - sold
    -2011 Ducati Streetfighter S - current

  8. #33

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    Quote Originally Posted by njsrikar View Post
    am so very tempted to buy a RD after having been stopped atleast 4 times in the past year, all for doing 45 on a 35 or something similar.

    however, a simple question to RD users. what if the RD does not work and a cop stops you. she/he looks at your device and I assume you are bound to get a ticket at that point...right? how else will he/she react?
    I had a radar at one point...granted it was one that only cost $200 new.

    Cop came up, asked for license and registration, came back with a ticket.Only thing he said to me was "your radar is fast, but Im faster"....then walked off. Pwned.


    Next day I sold my radar.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 F4i

  9. #34
    Lifer Stromper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eastern Ct
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Passport Escort 8500 Radar Detector

    I feared that as well but DO not believe it is the case my 8500 is most visible and they can hear the screamer*

    Most LEO's understand its a scam and they are tax collectors doing their job

    * I have the advantage of looking like Grandpa and not dress like a power ranger

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

    It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale - Other | FS: Escort Passport 9500ix radar detector
    By xxaarraa in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-17, 09:29 PM
  2. For Sale - Other | Escort Passport 9500ix GPS enabled radar detector
    By shashankmittal in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-15, 07:38 PM
  3. Escort Passport 8500 x50 Radar Detector
    By hqp921 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-13, 07:34 PM
  4. (MA) Escort 9500ix Radar Detector
    By hqp921 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-12, 10:17 AM
  5. Radar Detector Passport 8500
    By Streetlethal100 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-12-11, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •