Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Keihin PWK36 carburetor

Keihin PWK36 carburetor

this is for men, who embrace the maintenance and operation of a traditional carburetor over fuel injection

get ur jets ready and start adjusting the needle position for optimal throttle response

Leave the gas on overnight, and it will slowly start pissing drips of it on your floor. Might be the float adjustment, or the little valve thing might not be smooth. I dunno, I suck @ teh carbs, you fix it.

otherwise it works

was on a '98 RM125 dirty bike, so it's dirty. Ya wanna fight about it? go f yourself

$50, local pick up to Worcester-ish, MA

edit: wtf? no

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-23-11 at 11:14 PM.

Re: Keihin PWK36 carburetor

Paging Typeone... this is a no brainer!

Paul_E_D

Man that makes my VM39 look antique.

T1, wherever you are: if you are interested, I will bring it to Stimilon!

will include your pilot jet of choice

i'll take it

Beta 200RR

I have some jets and needles for that carb that you can have...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I have some jets and needles for that carb that you can have...
    ooh, that's excellent, i'll take 'em! thanks man ive read some real positive feedback about the PWK on the WR/CR150s.

once i go through the carb i'll be sending it off to Ron at RB for boring, plate mod, slide mod, low circuit mods and his mixture screw. may need to machine it a bit for my boots too but i'll drop him a note this AM to check. bet i'll be able to set it and forget it with this carb over the TMXX. (although the bike is running pretty damn great, just one transition on the pipe to clean up)

breakdirt, do you take PayPal? bringing the carb to Stimilon would be great, thanks.

Beta 200RR

SOLD! to the good looking guy with the sexy bike!

I do have paypal: bguy216@yahoo.com

but consider it yours and I'll bring it on Saturday...so if cash is easier for you, that's cool too

also: in my experience, not all PWK36's are built the same size. I have an intake boot that fits my RM', so I'll bring that as well, it if, by chance, your intake boot doesn't accept it

Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-25-11 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    SOLD! to the good looking guy with the sexy bike!
    you flirtin' with me?

also: in my experience, not all PWK36's are built the same size. I have an intake boot that fits my RM', so I'll bring that as well, it if, by chance, your intake boot doesn't accept it
    nah, it's OK. as long as the carb isn't completely trashed, i can work with it. i want to mod the carb rather than my boots so i can swap back/forth from the TMXX. thanks though! PayPal comin' your way shortly...

Beta 200RR

Payment sent... do you know what year/bike the carb came stock on? I'm putting specs together while I wait to hear back from Ron.

Beta 200RR

also: in my experience, not all PWK36's are built the same size.
    oops, you weren't kidding on this. the RMs used three different carbs for a single year?? looks like this one is the 13200-36E00 Model T-V but i can't even find detailed specs for it. nothing reliable for ODs, height, width.

doesn't look like this is the PWK36 the Husky guys use as a swap. ah well, back to eBay it will go

Beta 200RR

whoa! looks like I missed a lot!

I am not 100% sure if they used different PWK's within the same year, but I do know the one I have was used on the 96-97 RM125's..then by 1998 they switched to a PWM36, then by 1999-2000 they went BACK to the PWK36, but they used the air-striker model, which had an electronic power jet to let in more gas at higher rpm's.

my guess is that any 96/97 PWK36 was interchangeable, and those could be fitted to a 1998 model by replacing the intake boot

but it's cool...you're under no obligation to take it and sell it...I don't mind refunding your money through pay pal since it's not going to fit your application; just let me know

and I did go through two PWK36's, to find both of them had different intake boot sizes, air box boot sizes, and different thicknesses...one of those cost me $90 on fleabay too

Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-25-11 at 03:01 PM.

yeah, the specs are pretty loose out there but it looks like there was a Model T-V (this carb), Model W and Model X-Y (?) odd stuff. i tried to get more info from BikeBandit but was told to contact Suzuki directly. a lot of the general Keihin info sites just simply list a 'PWK 36mm' but we now both know it's not that simple

no, not looking for a refund, but thank you. i'd still like to check it out and see what the actual dimensions, etc. look like compared to my TMXX and the PWK38 AS that many guys use. it was just crazy how much different info i found doing quick research. i'll consult some Husky guys on exactly which PWK36 they use as well.

the PWK 36E0 KAG stamp seems to throw you off. is there anything else stamped on it? no worries if you don't have time to look. i can fully inspect when i grab it from you at Stimilon.

if it doesn't work out, i'll just eBay it. no worries. i have to sell off a 125cc top-end and a gas tank anyway.

Beta 200RR

whoa! looks like I missed a lot!

I am not 100% sure if they used different PWK's within the same year, but I do know the one I have was used on the 96-97 RM125's..then by 1998 they switched to a PWM36, then by 1999-2000 they went BACK to the PWK36, but they used the air-striker model, which had an electronic power jet to let in more gas at higher rpm's.
    forgot to add... i looked into this kind of stuff as well and the info is just so inconsistent out there on the web. for instance, reading specs on the 2000 RM125, and I think a few posts on forums somewhere, it was said that this model got the Keihin PWK 38PWJ (?)

nuts!

Beta 200RR