Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Prototype GPS Lap Timer(s) for Android - $60

Prototype GPS Lap Timer(s) for Android - $60

I've been putting together these 10Hz bluetooth gps's for android phones, they work well for Racechrono and are pretty accurate (my day job is as an Electrical Engineer). I'm selling them in prototype form for $60 each. I hope to build this phone+Bluetooth GPS system into a product people might want to buy, and I need help testing different phones and mounting solutions. So if you're interested in being a "beta tester" I'm selling the beta version (10hz Bluetooth GPS module) for $60. The unit is a small box designed to be easily safety wired or fit inside the rear cowl. If you're interested send me a PM or post questions below. Here a picture of the box:
    Prototype GPS Lap Timer(s) for Android - -attach68400_20190911_201735-jpg

Currently only works for ANDROID devices, I keep my phone in my race suit when I use it and check the lap times when I get back to the pits. It's pretty cool because it keeps track of sector times, not just lap times, so you can see where you might have areas for improvement lap to lap.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    YouTube: The Motorcycle Room 2015 R1 - 2009 KX250f

Re: Prototype GPS Lap Timer(s) for Android - $60

Prototype GPS Lap Timer(s) for Android - -screenshot_20190919-110011-jpgPrototype GPS Lap Timer(s) for Android - -screenshot_20190919-110116-jpg
    This is what the data looks like at 10hz, doing figure eights in a small parking lot. I use it to check sector time consistency, braking points, etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    YouTube: The Motorcycle Room 2015 R1 - 2009 KX250f