Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Set of like new Blizzak snow tires mounted on 5-lug steel wheels $650/OBRO

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Thumbs up Set of like new Blizzak snow tires mounted on 5-lug steel wheels $650/OBRO

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Re: Set of like new Blizzak snow tires mounted on 5-lug steel wheels $650/OBRO

what make/model vehicle do they fit?

Too many to list, I'd assume. If you're interested look up what lug pattern your car has; if it's 5 x 100 and the tire size is close you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
    Too many to list, I'd assume. If you're interested look up what lug pattern your car has; if it's 5 x 100 and the tire size is close you should be good to go.
    Not necessarily. FWD cars have high offset rims and won't work on RWD cars. Many cars have hub-centric mounting. If the center hole is larger, you can get bushings inexpensively, but if it's smaller, not going to work.

On most rims near the center (sometimes back, sometimes front) there will be a marking that says something like "7J 17M2 ET48" which is the basic size (7" wide 17" diameter) and the 48 is the offset. If you know what car it came off of you can also get the hub diameter and cross reference what else it will fit.

^^
    Well since you seem to have a shitload of free time, do the a guy a favor

I'll give you $35/ea for the tires. Could you please dismount them from the wheels? That would be great.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
    I should have asked what vehicle you had them on, for example you tell me it's a Chevy Pick up and I would know it will not work my FWD Honda...

In any case, all set now, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    I should have asked what vehicle you had them on, for example you tell me it's a Chevy Pick up and I would know it will not work my FWD Honda...

In any case, all set now, thanks

Or u coulda asked if they'd fit your fwd Honda

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    Or u coulda asked if they'd fit your fwd Honda
    generally when selling stuff it is a common practice for the seller to provide as much info as possible, but I'm not here to school anyone or ruffle feathers.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

These came with my 2013 Crosstrek when I bought it used. It wasnt till I went to have them put on last week that I actually looked at them and realized that they were only 16" ( my car is 17") and was then informed by the tire guy that the tires are also underrated for my car. I dunno what happened if the dealer gave me the wrong snows that were supposed to go with my car or what but they dont fit and ended up just buying new Yokohama all seasons. the lug pattern is 5x100

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    These came with my 2013 Crosstrek when I bought it used. It wasnt till I went to have them put on last week that I actually looked at them and realized that they were only 16" ( my car is 17") and was then informed by the tire guy that the tires are also underrated for my car. I dunno what happened if the dealer gave me the wrong snows that were supposed to go with my car or what but they dont fit and ended up just buying new Yokohama all seasons. the lug pattern is 5x100
    Go back and shoot the tire salesman.

It is very common to go to a 1" smaller rim and higher aspect ratio tire for winter. Otherwise when you hit big potholes you risk pinching the sidewall. It is also common to go down a width or two as tests have shown that a narrower contact patch does well in many snow and ice conditions.

I have 205/55r16 on my WRX even though the stock size is 225/45r17, because I "punched out" three winter tires of the stock size on potholes. Whoever owned the car did the same thing. You can read about "-1" fitments on Tirerack.

Last edited by Garandman; 01-04-16 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Go back and shoot the tire salesman.

It is very common to go to a 1" smaller rim and higher aspect ratio tire for winter. Otherwise when you hit big potholes you risk pinching the sidewall. It is also common to go down a width or two as tests have shown that a narrower contact patch does well in many snow and ice conditions.

I have 205/55r16 on my WRX even though the stock size is 225/45r17, because I "punched out" three winter tires of the stock size on potholes.
    It wasnt the size that was the issue it was the actual rating on the tire. the Blizzaks are rated 1200 lbs below the required load rating for my vehicle. these should however work just fine for an Imprezza, Mazda, Camry etc with a 5x100 16x6.5 wheel

I think your tire guy is full of shit, Tire Rack lists WS80 as a viable option for the Crosstek, they are pretty good about this shit.

Set of like new Blizzak snow tires mounted on 5-lug steel wheels 0/OBRO-screen-shot-2016-01-04-a

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    I'll give you $35/ea for the tires. Could you please dismount them from the wheels? That would be great.
    i see what you did there.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

It wasnt the size that was the issue it was the actual rating on the tire. the Blizzaks are rated 1200 lbs below the required load rating for my vehicle. these should however work just fine for an Imprezza, Mazda, Camry etc with a 5x100 16x6.5 wheel

I think your tire guy is full of shit, Tire Rack lists WS80 as a viable option for the Crosstek, they are pretty good about this shit.

Set of like new Blizzak snow tires mounted on 5-lug steel wheels 0/OBRO-screen-shot-2016-01-04-a
    I notice that the Tire Rack listing is for a 225/60/16 to fit that car. Even so, IF the original size posted for sale is correct at 205/60/16, those are rated for a max load of 1389 lb. each for a total of 5556 lb. I think the CrossTrans has a max GVWR of 4500 depending on model. The 205 Blizzaks would seem to be rated 1000 lbs over what you need, even if they are shorter. A 215/65R16 would be the best choice on that 16" steelie for winter use to get the right height combined with a narrower tread width.
    The tire store was either misinformed or misleading you. Good luck with those all seasons, urban dweller.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

The spec I found says the GVWR for the '13 CrossTrek is 4,343 lbs. Most Subarus have a load capacity of around 1,200 lbs.

As mentioned previously I have 205/55R16's on my WRX. This is a common fitment as narrower, longer contact patches seem to work better in bad conditions, although there is less grip in the dry.

Last edited by Garandman; 01-05-16 at 01:30 PM.

I'm particularly impressed that he went in to have a new set of snow tires and wheels bolted on and left with a new set of "summer" tires. I'm surprised they didn't offer to take the "wrong" wheels off his hands to save him the trouble of carting them away... But seeing as how it's Brian I woulda taken advantage of him too.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Sold my old Honda to someone with a set of 16" Acura alloys and properly matched good tires, only to see him back on 15" steel wheels few month later, apparently he decided to check with a "tire shop" (had a flat or something) and they sold him "correct" size tires and even swapped the 16" alloys for 15" steel NO CHARGE!! what a deal!!

good Tire shops are far and few between, I know it as an insider, although I never worked at the tire shop, I have been involved in automotive industry for most of the 90's (selling, servicing, etc.) Have seen so much crap work and even worse advice. Tire shops seem to hire rejects from all the other places, those who can't even change a spark plug, replaced many broken/stripped lugs because some people don't stop after they snap one off they just keep going...

while you guys are over here trying to make it sound like I got taken for a ride Im not worried about it. If the tires wouldve worked then fine nbd (I can sell them). I decided not to chance it and just buy fresh All Seasons now (which were needed anyway. Snows or no Snows) rather than waiting till the spring to get them and spending the winter on what I thought were acceptable snow tires for my car that came with them when I bought the car used in March. and oh look atleast Ive got these tires and wheels to recoup some of my money so what is the problem?! this is still a for sale thread and the tires are still available. Ill be sure to point out when I think you guys should put new race tires on, what compound and brand to use etc unsolicited.

Hey, it's just a forum, a collective of knowledge and opinions, what do we know... except that you have the wheels advertised on CL for $100 less than here, usually it's the other way around: better price for the forum insiders

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i see what you did there.

Ill be sure to point out when I think you guys should put new race tires on, what compound and brand to use etc unsolicited.
    I thought that was just for me? Sorry for the threadjack, my (our) disdain was for the tire shop you went to, not you. Those are wonderful tires for winter, and having them on wheels is the way to go, good luck with your sale.

Hey, it's just a forum, a collective of knowledge and opinions, what do we know... except that you have the wheels advertised on CL for $100 less than here, usually it's the other way around: better price for the forum insiders
    I updated the price on CL but forgot to update the title here. Obviously I would offer that price for anyone here and prob take more off for a member here. It does also specify OBO.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

right now the best offer is from noel for $35 per tire without rims

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    right now the best offer is from noel for $35 per tire without rims
    Anyone ever mention you are a prick? Gotta admit you got me laughing though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast