Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Get in shape for next season!!

Get in shape for next season!!

$500.00 2010 Cannondale Synapes RGet in shape for next season!!-img_0515-jpgode it twice lol maybe someone else can make better use of it. Has SORA controls speedo and seat bag with extra tube and co2 pump included. 56cm alloy frame carbon forks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CDOG1974; 09-14-13 at 09:26 AM.

Re: Get in shape for next season!!

BUMP

I know nothing about road bikes but have been considering getting into it... what's the deal with this bike?

Also, is this the right size for you? I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam or maybe slightly less.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    I know nothing about road bikes but have been considering getting into it... what's the deal with this bike?

Also, is this the right size for you? I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam or maybe slightly less.
    All bikes are a little different but Im riding a 51cm bike and this is a 56. Might be a bit big. Id say go sit on it and see.

James

This is a Synapse 6 and not the 5, correct? Is it the compact or triple? How would it fit 6'3", 36" inseam?

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    This is a Synapse 6 and not the 5, correct? Is it the compact or triple? How would it fit 6'3", 36" inseam?
    Too small.

At 5'8", 30 length pants, I run a 54 Specialized and it fits me pretty spot on, although all manufacturers are a bit different. I have ridden a 56 specialized for an extended period of time and it worked just fine for the level of riding I was at. I also rode a 52 Scott at one point in time, and same thing, worked fine for my level of riding.

This seems to be a really good deal and an excellent entry level road bike or a good upgrade from an older bicycle, although I'm not familiar with the Cannondale Line.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 09-17-13 at 01:18 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Too small.

At 5'8", 30 length pants, I run a 54 Specialized and it fits me pretty spot on, although all manufacturers are a bit different. I have ridden a 56 specialized for an extended period of time and it worked just fine for the level of riding I was at. I also rode a 52 Scott at one point in time, and same thing, worked fine for my level of riding.

This seems to be a really good deal and an excellent entry level road bike or a good upgrade from an older bicycle, although I'm not familiar with the Cannondale Line.
    I kind of figured, thanks for the reply. These were offered in 48cm, 51cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm ... probably would be in between the latter two. I need taller bike riders on here who're looking to upgrade their current bikes....

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

It sounds like from what Jay says I would probably fit just right around a 54cm frame.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    It sounds like from what Jay says I would probably fit just right around a 54cm frame.
    Yeah, but you could probably ride this just fine with a lowering of the seat, and a shorter stem. That's how my road bike is set up. A stem is like $15-20, for a decent aluminum jobber.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Wirelessly posted

Wish I had some extra cash kicking around. Maybe once I can sell this cr250.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I kind of figured, thanks for the reply. These were offered in 48cm, 51cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm ... probably would be in between the latter two. I need taller bike riders on here who're looking to upgrade their current bikes....
    I'f you're looking to spend a bit more, I know someone your size who may have a couple he's trying to sell. They'll be full carbon set-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Yeah, but you could probably ride this just fine with a lowering of the seat, and a shorter stem. That's how my road bike is set up. A stem is like $15-20, for a decent aluminum jobber.
    Agreed. If you start to take it more seriously a professional fitting is a must...but this is coming from someone who rides a good amount and just had some cycling friends help fit me.

For a recreational rider of CEO's size, after a couple easy and inexpensive adjustments this bike would most likely work without a problem. Plus, if you decide to upgrade you would get your money back re-selling this.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 09-17-13 at 02:14 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

I don't really know wtf I'm doing, I've just been considering getting into it. I don't always feel like just running.

Anyways, sorry for thread hijack.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Does this bike have click in pedals? Do you happen to have shoes for sale as well? If so what size?

pm sent

Guys sorry for not responding i am 5'10'' as far as fitment goes. This does have clip in pedals and my shoe's are size 9 and if your feet fit then you can have them with the bike:} And John i don't recall which one it is lol all it says on the frame is synapes sorry bud:{ if anyone is interested let me know here or PM also it will be with me next round

SOLD!! Thanks folks