Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

SOLD-SV650 track bike, trailer and gear (complete trackday package)

SOLD-SV650 track bike, trailer and gear (complete trackday package)

So I bought this track bike http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...eet-85336.html last year to do some track days on. I paid $2200 and honestly it probably wasn't worth that, but anyways I havent made it to the track much and am looking to buy a new house and need money for the down payment.

So the bike is as advertized in the other ad except its got a few extra coats of paint in the frame and tank from a shoddy attempt to make it look better. its got passable race tires which are probably not good by race tire standards, but the grippiest tires I've ever riden and still probably could be use for another track day or two. it has both sets of fairings, but the bike was a bit more dropped than those pictures let on when I picked it up from the seller and some of the fairing mounts would need to be fixed. it had Racetech emulators in front and a Ohlins rear shock included as well. there is a NY salvage certificate for the bike. I tried half heartedly to street it, but seems like more work than its worth in MA.

What I've added to it:
    extra set of rims with rain tires(these were used when I bought for maybe one trackday and have tons of tread left) paid $350
    Extra set if forks(i think one of the forks is slightly bent so I got these for repair parts) paid $150
    stock fork springs
    set of 1kg fork sonic springs(i am a heavy guy) paid $80
    set of fork preload adjusters paid $20
    Scotts steering damper(these things are pricey!!). paid $350
    Skateboard grip tape tank grippers($20 cheap and shoddy looking, but works)
    New set of fork seals and dust covers($30)
    30wt fork oil($15)

I will also include my open with metal railings small utility trailer which I paid $600 + added wheel chock($30) and side railings and a ramp gate($100). Also will include a pitbbull rear stand(paid $100) and ebay front stand(paid $90).

Total money I have into this package is a about $4000 to $5000. I am sure I over paid on a decent amount of stuff and it'll need a bit of work to make it great. I also haven't started it this year and the suspension would definately need to be gone over and tuned up. asking SOLD for everything including the trailer to get money for the down payment quickly. May be willing to part out for the right offer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tunertype; 07-04-16 at 05:55 PM.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Re: SV650 track bike, trailer and gear (complete trackday package)

Your link in the first line isn't working ...

And don't believe everything you think.

Re: SV650 track bike, trailer and gear (complete trackday package)

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Your link in the first line isn't working ...
    OK I think it should work now.. it's the 2001 SV650 that was being sold by SmokinJoe.

Also nice day out and had the time off so I cleaned up the bike a little tossed on the yellow track fairing, got it running and changed the fork oil.(All stuff I already had so didn't put money into fixing it up, plus it'll need to be track ready for July 31st if I don't sell it I have a track day then.)