Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Need your taxes done? Correctly and quickly?

Re: Need your taxes done? Correctly and quickly?

I'm a CPA practicing in Stoneham, MA http://www.cpaofficeonline.com. Want to do mine? The plumber's pipes always get fixed last.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bill is great. He did mine and Carla's very quick. We had a few options in how to claim stuff and he ran them all to make sure we made out the best. He is very easy to deal with and prompt. I was nervous having some guy I don't know getting my financial info but after Pete said he trusts him and after my first few emails with him I was sold and was very pleased I went with him.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Sure Nick! Shoot me an e-mail at the address in my first post, and we'll chat about what we can do.

Thanks for the kind words Alex. You and Carla were uber organized - that made it much easier to help you guys out!

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

I'm sorry, but this thread BUMS-ME-OUT! I go to this site to relax, think about nothing but BIKES, and I get that F****'n reminder: You haven't done your taxes yet! Geesh!

I feel better now..

I'll take the frost heaves on a twisty road over a smooth slab any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    I'm a CPA practicing in Stoneham, MA http://www.cpaofficeonline.com. Want to do mine? The plumber's pipes always get fixed last.
    As long as the pipe still works...WTF!

I'll take the frost heaves on a twisty road over a smooth slab any day of the week.

question for you as my wife and I can't understand why we are getting 2 different numbers doing it thru turbotax and h&rblock, turbotax we own about 1800 for federal and getting back about 200 from state, H&R we owe about 1600 and getting back around 100 for some reason we owe money this year even thou nothing has really changed much for us, so we might be looking to go to a professional this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by K13sman View Post
    I'm sorry, but this thread BUMS-ME-OUT! I go to this site to relax, think about nothing but BIKES, and I get that F****'n reminder: You haven't done your taxes yet! Geesh!

I feel better now..
    Don't let it bum you out; send me your documents and you don't have to think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by 7UPyours View Post
    question for you as my wife and I can't understand why we are getting 2 different numbers doing it thru turbotax and h&rblock, turbotax we own about 1800 for federal and getting back about 200 from state, H&R we owe about 1600 and getting back around 100 for some reason we owe money this year even thou nothing has really changed much for us, so we might be looking to go to a professional this time around.
    I wouldn't even want to make a guess about why you're seeing that without looking at your current documents and past returns. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll figure it out!

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Happy New Year! Once again, I'll be offering my tax prep services to NESR members. Details are in the first post. If you're interested in having me prepare your 2012 tax returns, please PM me or email me at wcoolahan@gmail.com. The sooner we start the process, the sooner you'll get your refund!

Side note: if you have a simple tax situation and typically buy one of the tax prep software packages offered commercially, still shoot me a PM if you'd like to work out an arrangement that doesn't benefit only the pockets of faceless corporations

Most of tax filers should be able to start filing tax returns starting Jan 30. The remaining households will be able to start filing in late February or into March because of the need for more extensive form and processing systems changes (including people claiming residential energy credits, depreciation of property or general business credits). Most of those in this group file more complex tax returns and typically file closer to the April 15 deadline or obtain an extension.

The IRS will not process paper tax returns before the anticipated Jan. 30 opening date. There is no advantage to filing on paper before the opening date, and taxpayers will receive their tax refunds much faster by using e-file with direct deposit. The relatively delayed filing is due to the need to update forms and instructions as well as make critical processing system adjustments based on the 1/1/13 tax changes.

Who Can File Starting Jan. 30?
    Those with returns affected by the late Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) patch as well as the three major “extender” provisions for people claiming the state and local sales tax deduction, higher education tuition and fees deduction and educator expenses deduction.

Who Can’t File Until Later?
    The key forms that require more extensive programming changes include Form 5695 (Residential Energy Credits), Form 4562 (Depreciation and Amortization) and Form 3800 (General Business Credit). A full listing of the forms that won’t be accepted until later is available on IRS.gov.

Bump for February. You should be receiving the last of your forms in the mail this week (all were required to be mailed out by Jan 31). The sooner you get me your info, the sooner you can get your refund

The next week or two would be a good time to get your documents in! Once we roll into March, things start to pick up.

As a mid-season promo, if you refer a client from off the site and that person uses my services, I'll give you 15% off tax prep this year (or a 15% refund, if you've already filed through me for 2012).

I have a trading account through tradeking and:
    1.) they didn't send anything (1099-div) by last week
    2.) when I emailed they said it would be ready by the end of last week
    3.) by the end of last week it still wasn't there, so I emailed again and they said the company that processes the 1099's have an extension until march 15th

uh wtf, that doesn't give me that much time...somethinig messed up with that?

I have another client in the same situation - which is definitely very frustrating, especially for those people who are otherwise ready to file and get their refunds. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that you have any recourse against the company.

What you can do to mitigate the delay, is get all your other information and documents to your tax preparer in advance of those 1099's. I routinely process "partial" packages for my clients, reviewing the documents they have available at the time and discussing any questions, while awaiting one or two missing forms. The only reason I could see other tax professionals refusing to do that would be due a large volume of clients perhaps.

I rolled a bunch of 401ks into an IRA with Ameriprise...they never sent a 1099r but rather sent me a 5940...do I need to so something with this? Shouldn't they have sent me a 1099?

I've never heard of a 5940, but yes you should've received at least one 1099-R.

cool thanks man...I'm pretty simple (W2, church tithing donation, vehicle registration credits in CA), and it's all entered into turbo tax deluxe, ready to file away...just need to enter that 1099div

and on the W4 - does the withholdings work like this?
    zero -take it, just take it
    one - ehh, you can take *some* of it
    two/three - I'm not giving an interest free loan!!

and f- student loans seriously, f-it. I paid over $17k in interest alone last year, and none of it is tax deductible. f-it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    fuck student loans. Seriously, fuck it. I paid over $17k in interest alone last year, and none of it is tax deductible.
    I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to your family.
    If you don't mind, what interest rate and term length?

and f- student loans seriously, f-it. I paid over $17k in interest alone last year, and none of it is tax deductible. f-it!!!!
    seriously? how is that possible. Ever since we have had student loans, we have been able to deduct the interest......

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

seriously! but let's keep this FS thread on topic please...

Last edited by breakdirt916; 02-19-13 at 12:00 PM.

and on the W4 - does the withholdings work like this?
    zero -take it, just take it
    one - ehh, you can take *some* of it
    two/three - I'm not giving an interest free loan!!

For the W-4, in very simplified terms, increasing the # of deductions will decrease the amount withheld from your paycheck. This is a pretty concise explanation, w/o me retyping everything: http://taxes.about.com/od/paymentopt...ithholding.htm

As for student loan interest, there's a phaseout (as there is for many deductions). You can only deduct up to $2500 even if you're subject to no phaseout.

yep...once you're >$75k, it's over...but still $17k out of your post-tax money sucks to give away...I need to open a small business!

Last edited by breakdirt916; 02-20-13 at 01:38 AM.

BUMP

Happy New Year! Once again, I'll be offering my tax prep services to NESR members. Details are in the first post. If you're interested in having me prepare your 2013 tax returns, please PM me or email me at wcoolahan@gmail.com. The sooner we start the process, the sooner you'll get your refund!

Side note: if you have a simple tax situation and typically buy one of the tax prep software packages offered commercially, still shoot me a PM if you'd like to work out an arrangement that doesn't benefit only the pockets of faceless corporations

Should be getting your final forms now! I just found $503 from a prior year return for one of the new clients I took on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Happy New Year! Once again, I'll be offering my tax prep services to NESR members. Details are in the first post. If you're interested in having me prepare your 2013 tax returns, please PM me or email me at wcoolahan@gmail.com. The sooner we start the process, the sooner you'll get your refund!

I feel like I am ones of those simple tax situations although I file returns with my wife. I use the online services of H&R Block, etc. I have always wondered if I am missing out on things...can you shed some light on what I could possibly be missing out?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast