Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

TCX dual sport boots

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

TCX dual sport boots *SOLD*

*SOLD*

Another impulse buy, worn just a few times on the road. Good fit, Euro size 45 which translates to US 11 (I usually wear US 10, the boots are a little roomy for me, but fine with thicker socks) and comfortable, bought last year (or maybe it was the year before) at Seacoast Sport Cycle on closeout, I paid around $200. They look sturdy to me, more so than Forma Adventure, for example, not as rigid as SIDI Adventure.

$95.

In Arlington MA, easy access from Route 2 or Mass. Ave.

PM with interest.

Attachment 53231Attachment 53232Attachment 53233Attachment 53234Attachment 53235

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by whynot; 09-19-20 at 11:22 AM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

Re: TCX dual sport boots

*SOLD*

Found my receipt from SSC -- paid $194.99 on 5-11-2018.

From motorcycle gear .com:
    =========================================================================== =====
    TCX Track Evo Waterproof Boots
    Upper constructed of suede leather and microfiber
    Waterproof lining
    Polyurethane shin plate and shift pad
    Malleolus inserts to protect the ankle bones
    3 PU buckles are adjustable and positioned to grant perfect fitting
    Sole has specific tread to offer a superior grip on any terrain
    Designed for light off-road, enduro, ATV and adventure riding
    CE certified

The Track Evo Waterproof boots, contrary to what the name might imply are not for the track! The aim is at off-road, adventure touring riders or even other sports… like enduro or ATV riding/driving. We carry at least a half dozen styles similar to this from various makers. Sidi and Alpinestars were first to the market, but then FirstGear added their Kathmandu. Sidi’s and Alpinestars boots are probably the most “robust” out of the choices. They are made of HEAVY leather and very durable hardware, very much like their off-road boots. The FirstGear offering and now this Track Evo by TCX, I’d describe as “light” as compared to Sidi and Alpinestars. And, as you might expect the pricing is “light” also by comparison. For those that want a taller boot with a bit more stiffness and coverage, but don’t need the bulk and “cast-like” fit of a boot that is more like off-road boots, then these will be great choices. The boots have a pretty substantial shin protection and the integral ankle protector feels sturdy also. The sole is thick and has a great shape for gripping. From my photos, you can see the heel gives you about an inch and a half of height. The boot shell is made of a grey thick suede material which is common for this riding style because the suede gives more “grip” on the bike than slick leather or hard plastic parts. AND that means no polishing. Just get them dirty and don’t worry about it. The boots are made waterproof with an internal waterproof/breathable barrier and the inside liner is a durable “airy” sort of fabric to help with the moisture wicking. Overall, a nice boot and a good value for this genre. :: Paul, 12-18-13

PS: I find the buckles on these boots frustratingly hard to engage and snap closed when the boots are not on, but when they are on my feet they work fine. Just having your foot/leg in the boots gives the buckle something solid to back up against and it seems to make all the difference, so don’t get frustrated with this before actually trying them on.
    =========================================================================== ==================

Last edited by whynot; 09-19-20 at 11:24 AM.

If these are still available shoot me a text tomorrow. 5082778153 Thanks Tom.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Nice meeting you kurt! Thank you!

Hi, Tom, good meeting you, too [thumbsup]

Thanks for a quick and easy deal. Hope the boots work out for you.

BTW, I did post my DR650 for sale -- tell your friends!