Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

WANTED: Toyota Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    There is a used car dealership On Rte. 20 E just after you pass the Worcester/Shrewsbury line and it looks like he has a decent number of tacomas on the lot.
    that's actually where I looked at the trucks....he had ~5 tacomas, of which 3 were 2001 and newer, and the other two are pictured (the white '97 and black '98).

I def. still want a tacoma. It's by far the best riding midsize/compact truck with the interior fit and finish (of a toyota) that fits my preferences. I just need to be meticulous about checking it out.

And iglu, if I were you, I'd get the frame undercoated/painted/rust proofed NOW from ziebart or any other major company so you don't have to worry later.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

what are you planning on doing with the ranger? I might be interested....

my friend is selling his 1998 yota its a tacoma 4 wd lifted on 35s it has the 4 cylinder but its super chaged (factory trd ) its a dark purple more like black 117,000 miles about i think hes asking right around 5 grand located in new hampshire

is it an extended cab? manual?

I might be interested, ygpm..

and I'm probably going to sell the ranger for cheap

Let me know some info on the ranger i might be interested

ok...I pm'd you about the ranger

and I might be willing to increase my price range if it means getting one w' under 100k miles...so if anyone knows of one under $8,000, let's talk

ie. I saw a '99 tacoma, 4-cyl, 5-speed, ex-cab, w' a clean frame, and 69k miles ofr $8,000 cash...if it had power windows and locks, I probably would've found a way to buy it

I am picking this one up tomorrow.

cars.com: 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    I am picking this one up tomorrow.

cars.com: 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Bruce
    Did you trade the Sierra?

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
    Did you trade the Sierra?
    The deal with the Sierra goes like this. I showed it to a co worker before I bought it. He was like, oh its nice but its a regular cab and I am not sure. So I said that I could use a truck and bought it. Took it to work a couple times and 60 bucks a fillup later. The guy at work saw it in person and begged me for it. So I sold it to him to help him out. I ended up losing a little on it. He gave me 7500 and his 96 Honda Civic which I gave to my dad. And since my dad doesnt have a lot of money I didnt charge him for it. So I sold it and was using dads F350 for a bit. Then last week Alex put a bug in my ear that he wanted my BMW. So I looked online and found this Taco. So now the Beamer is going, the Taco is coming and I think I am gonna look for a touring bike to make up for the BMW gas miles. Then I will be happy.

Bruce

thats a cute truck bruce... did you make sure to get the wind up key with it?

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by oreo_n2 View Post
    thats a cute truck bruce... did you make sure to get the wind up key with it?
    Wind up or not it goes better than your KTM!!!

oooooh... Touche! Fucker!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

why'd you get the tacoma over a quad-cab any-other truck?

does it ride any better or have a nicer fit and finish over the other trucks you were interested in?

Also, the tacoma (compact truck) seems like a step down from the sierra (half-ton) you had. Why go to a smaller truck?

And nice truck...I'm looking for an ex. cab 4-cyl, 5-speed, to cut costs on gas.

I owned one before and loved it. I like the size of this one, the new ones are too big. The 1/2 ton was a guzzler. This one will Tow what I need it to, haul the dirt bike and run a long time. And resale. When I sold my 02 it had 80000 miles and I still got 16k for it. This one with 25000 miles and all the options is only 4000 more than I got for the other one. I chose this one because I like the looks over the others.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    I owned one before and loved it. I like the size of this one, the new ones are too big. The 1/2 ton was a guzzler. This one will Tow what I need it to, haul the dirt bike and run a long time. And resale. When I sold my 02 it had 80000 miles and I still got 16k for it. This one with 25000 miles and all the options is only 4000 more than I got for the other one. I chose this one because I like the looks over the others.

Bruce
    i've heard that the double cab v6 tacos are pigs aswell. i talked to a guy at home depot one day who had one. between 11 and 16 mpg average. thats worce than a 1/2 ton gmc sould have been with a 4.8 v8. i got an average of 16.5 with my z71 running 33 inch tires and a 5.3. anyways congrats, awesome rig. your right about the resale value too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    i've heard that the double cab v6 tacos are pigs aswell. i talked to a guy at home depot one day who had one. between 11 and 16 mpg average. thats worce than a 1/2 ton gmc sould have been with a 4.8 v8. i got an average of 16.5 with my z71 running 33 inch tires and a 5.3. anyways congrats, awesome rig. your right about the resale value too.
    wowzers...another reason to hate my ranger...it is a:

-compact size p/u (small, so it's a gas saver, right?)
    -regular cab (lightest there is, so it's a gas saver, right?)
    -2wd, w' open differential (less resistance/weight, so it's a gas saver, right?)
    -3.0 pushrod V6 making a whopping 142hp w' annoying midrange torque (small engine, so it's a gas saver, right?)

actual gas mileage?

-12-15 mpg mixed driving
    -as low as 9 mpg (winter, sandbags in the bed which was also full of snow)
    -as high as 18 mpg for ALL highway driving (literally...as in the gas stations were right off the highway) and a light foot...which I've only gotten ONCE...every other tank since october has been below 16mpg

either way, I feel like there is always one truth: 4wd gas trucks just don't get good gas mileage. You could have a 2008 Tacoma crew-cab, or a 2008 F150 Supercrew, or a GMC 2500...they can all get awful gas mileage. The only way to avoid this issue is: (1) get a diesel, or (2) get a compact 2wd w' a 4-cyl/manual tranny or imho (3) try compromise w' a compact 4wd w' a 4-cyl/manual

Put the smaller tires back on the ranger if you're looking for gas mileage.

My 94 Toyota hilux, ext cab, V6, 4x4, 31" tires averaged about 18.5mpg

My 97 Toyota Tacoma, ext cab, V6, 4x4, 31" tires averaged about 20mpg, although it was down to about 13 with extended 100+ speeds. It dropped down to average about 18mpg when I put knarly mud tires on.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    You heard wrong. Its not that bad. It does depend how you drive it, but on my last D Cab I was getting 18 to 20 with it. When I had Brents truck I was getting 16.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    wowzers...another reason to hate my ranger...it is a:

-compact size p/u (small, so it's a gas saver, right?)
    -regular cab (lightest there is, so it's a gas saver, right?)
    -2wd, w' open differential (less resistance/weight, so it's a gas saver, right?)
    -3.0 pushrod V6 making a whopping 142hp w' annoying midrange torque (small engine, so it's a gas saver, right?)

actual gas mileage?

-12-15 mpg mixed driving
    -as low as 9 mpg (winter, sandbags in the bed which was also full of snow)
    -as high as 18 mpg for ALL highway driving (literally...as in the gas stations were right off the highway) and a light foot...which I've only gotten ONCE...every other tank since october has been below 16mpg

wow somethings not right with those numbers. auto or stick? how many miles on it? maybe a good tune up is needed. cap and rotor, plugs and wires, fuel filter, look for vacuum leaks. mpg goes down with age or wear. i would think you should be around 20 avg in a 2wd reg cab.

it's an auto...but even if a tune-up is needed, isn't that money better spent on a newer truck?

anyways...bump...still looking for a tacoma...

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    it's an auto...but even if a tune-up is needed, isn't that money better spent on a newer truck?

anyways...bump...still looking for a tacoma...
    screw it, get a newer one. i'm a whore when it comes to cars/trucks. i've had seven different ones in as many years and at the moment i'm looking for a truck.

I get 20mpg consistantly in my '01 Tacoma XtraCab 4wd V6 TRD 5-speed with 120k on the clock. And that's with the rear O2 senser shitting the bed.

I drive like a meatball and get the same milage when the back is full and I'm towing the Fuzz Box to the track loaded fully.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I get 20mpg consistantly in my '01 Tacoma XtraCab 4wd V6 TRD 5-speed with 120k on the clock. And that's with the rear O2 senser shitting the bed.

I drive like a meatball and get the same milage when the back is full and I'm towing the Fuzz Box to the track loaded fully.
    are you sure about this? the 3.4 stick gets 20? is that only in the summer?

this has to vary from tacoma to tacoma, because for that same exact configuration, I've seen people get 16mpg

see post #11 in this thread

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...ca-1996-a.html

Yeah, i actually used a calculator this time instead of relying on my math-e-matics in my brain.

Turns out I've always been getting about 20. Sometimes 18, mostly 20.

300 miles to the tankful!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

I'm not sure why I ever figured 300/15 = 16. I'm dumb sometimes.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast