Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21

Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21

I have a used set of friction spike tires for sale. I bought them slightly used, and they’ve been sitting in my garage, unused by me and unmounted, for years. Date codes are 2010 for the 19” Trelleborg rear and 2013 for the 21” Full Bore front. All spikes are still in them and I don’t think the performance would be much different from brand new, once mounted.

A new set is around $750 plus tax. $250 for these, and I’d much prefer to sell to a member in good standing here. Pick up in Westfield Mass or I can meet out towards Sterling Mass sometimes. I don’t want to ship them.

For anyone who hasn’t ridden on tires like these, it’s simply unbelievable in the right conditions (frozen snow, icy trails, etc). It’s like being on rails with perfect traction, and some of the most fun I’ve ever had on a dirt bike.

Reason for sale: I don’t have a bike anymore with a 19” rear wheel and my surgeon told me that if I destroy my shoulder again, he’ll have nothing left to sew together (LOL)

I will put some pics up later

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21

Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21-72efcb33-1079-467c-ac47-4142846b0308

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21

Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21-244ce247-92f4-42c9-89b0-bfca1dd4f679

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Why arent these 18/21??????

What is the best way to stud a spare set of tires?

I wonder how much a set of wheels are.....

Know where a good place to buy a spare set of KTM wheels?

edit:

dang, think these would work?

Would you ship these?

edit 2: I see it says you dont want to ship..... My sister lives in Maynard, MA....

Last edited by xrocket21; 12-28-22 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Why arent these 18/21??????

What is the best way to stud a spare set of tires?

I wonder how much a set of wheels are.....

Know where a good place to buy a spare set of KTM wheels?

edit:

dang, think these would work?

Would you ship these?
    I just grabbed an OEM 21/19 set off eBay for 450. A lot of mint sets on FB marketplace for 6-700

New KKE’s are about 500 & Tusks are about 600.

Quote Originally Posted by Crconnor18 View Post
    I just grabbed an OEM 21/19 set off eBay for 450. A lot of mint sets on FB marketplace for 6-700

Sorry for asking for help, but do you know if these would fit my 2021 500EXCf?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285080180740

ktm wheels 21/19 Ktm, Gas Gas, Husky.

Pulled from a 2019 ktm sxf250 will fit surrounding years

Same hubs from early 2000’s until 2021. You just use your current spacers and you’re all set.

22+ can use older wheels w/ special spacers but you can’t use a 22+ on older bikes.

I can ship em if you don’t mind paying the freight. It’s not like they could get easily damaged; they are about the most mad max looking thing in my garage LOL

…hopefully they’d fit into a box from one of the 18 disc golf baskets I recently took delivery of!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    I can ship em if you don’t mind paying the freight. It’s not like they could get easily damaged; they are about the most mad max looking thing in my garage LOL
    I mean, shipping will suck, but I literally started looking for ice tires yesterday.

a 525 Mile round trip drive isn't exactly easy either.

Sorry, I know shipping is a pain and you specifically said no shipping

Same hubs from early 2000’s until 2021. You just use your current spacers and you’re all set.

22+ can use older wheels w/ special spacers but you can’t use a 22+ on older bikes.
    I think 500 with rotors and sprocket is a pretty good deal? +$80 shipping

think I should just get new KKE instead?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39434740397...Bk9SR9r_uJarYQ

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

but I literally started looking for ice tires yesterday.
    Not being a dick (at least not intentionally)

Are you looking for "ice tires" or "studded tires" for winter trail riding?

Two different things.

"Ice tires" have chisel tipped screws in them and should only be used on ice like frozen lakes, they have kevlar wraps for use when transporting and getting to and from the ice, otherwise the tips are damaged and they are not as good as they could be on the ice. They come in multiple variants. AMA racing legal, "Canadian" (slightly more aggressive than AMA) and pretty crazy Marcel Fournier tires. When riding with ice tires most places require that the bikes have some sort of almost full wrap fender protection that will keep the rider and riders around them safer were they to crash. Also a kill switch tether isn't a bad idea and sometimes required as well. Ice screws and flesh do not go well together.

Examples: https://www.marcelfournier.ca/index-en.php https://shop.frpoffroad.com/browse.h...atalogId=-1039

"Studded tires" for winter trail riding have carbide tipped studs that are inserted and glued into holes that are drilled into the knobs and are used in frozen dirt, snow and ice on the trails. They can be used on frozen lakes however they have nowhere near the traction on the lakes that a true ice tire would have. They also come in different length studs depending on the depth of the snow pack you plan to be riding in.

Examples: https://www.motorace.com/product/mit...orcycle-tires/ https://www.mx-gear.com/studded-dirt-bike-tires/

Grip studs are another variant of something to use trail riding

https://gripstuds.com/collections/wi...irt-bike-studs

More and more ways to spend money on our ridiculously fun hobby. Ideally have (3) sets of dirt wheels, regular dirt riding, ice riding and winter trail riding and (1) set of 17" wheels for supermoto applications, don't forget the brake relocation bracket to run bigger rotor for better braking LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Not being a dick (at least not intentionally)

Are you looking for "ice tires" or "studded tires" for winter trail riding?

Two different things.

"Ice tires" have chisel tipped screws in them and should only be used on ice like frozen lakes, they have kevlar wraps for use when transporting and getting to and from the ice, otherwise the tips are damaged and they are not as good as they could be on the ice. They come in multiple variants. AMA racing legal, "Canadian" (slightly more aggressive than AMA) and pretty crazy Marcel Fournier tires. When riding with ice tires most places require that the bikes have some sort of almost full wrap fender protection that will keep the rider and riders around them safer were they to crash. Also a kill switch tether isn't a bad idea and sometimes required as well. Ice screws and flesh do not go well together.

Examples: https://www.marcelfournier.ca/index-en.php https://shop.frpoffroad.com/browse.h...atalogId=-1039

"Studded tires" for winter trail riding have carbide tipped studs that are inserted and glued into holes that are drilled into the knobs and are used in frozen dirt, snow and ice on the trails. They can be used on frozen lakes however they have nowhere near the traction on the lakes that a true ice tire would have. They also come in different length studs depending on the depth of the snow pack you plan to be riding in.

Examples: https://www.motorace.com/product/mit...orcycle-tires/ https://www.mx-gear.com/studded-dirt-bike-tires/

Grip studs are another variant of something to use trail riding

https://gripstuds.com/collections/wi...irt-bike-studs

More and more ways to spend money on our ridiculously fun hobby. Ideally have (3) sets of dirt wheels, regular dirt riding, ice riding and winter trail riding and (1) set of 17" wheels for supermoto applications, don't forget the brake relocation bracket to run bigger rotor for better braking LOL.
    No offense taken!

Heres the story: I have a riding buddy who is the one who has gotten myself and my son into these J-Days. He has ridden for years and is pretty good (got a top 10 in C-Senior).

I saw him Monday for a bit and basically said, "Oh theres a winter race at Hemonds, you're going"

I said okay, asked what I need for tires, screw in Kold Kutters or something? He said there are rules, but they aren't strict and whatever works.

HE said it will be groomed trails, so hard pack snow/ ice. This isnt for glare ice lake racing, though I will most definitely try them on the lake just for fun!!!!

I unfortunately know nothing about this.

My original plan was to just screw something into an old set of tires, but these on a spare set of wheels would be pretty good I think!!!!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

From your description of the riding you will do you are looking for something like these trelleborgs or the "studded tires" and yes these on a second set of wheels would be a great set up to switch to when winter comes

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I am always an OEM kind of guy. Fair price given I paid 500 for a set w/o rotors but I also never trust used rotors after being burned so many times.

I mean, shipping will suck, but I literally started looking for ice tires yesterday.

a 525 Mile round trip drive isn't exactly easy either.

Sorry, I know shipping is a pain and you specifically said no shipping
    No worries, I wrote the ad stream of consciousness style and really just didn’t want to deal with some anonymous scammer from wherever. For anyone who posts here regularly, I’m happy to try to help. I’ve bought plenty of things thru Nesr and would like to pass that along.

If you decide that you want them, we could probably work a dropoff at or near your sisters place, too…I’m just not sure at the moment exactly when that would happen. And then, you’d just to have her ship them to you for about the same cost, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    No worries, I wrote the ad stream of consciousness style and really just didn’t want to deal with some anonymous scammer from wherever. For anyone who posts here regularly, I’m happy to try to help. I’ve bought plenty of things thru Nesr and would like to pass that along.

If you decide that you want them, we could probably work a dropoff at or near your sisters place, too…I’m just not sure at the moment exactly when that would happen. And then, you’d just to have her ship them to you for about the same cost, probably.
    Ill definitely take them, thanks so much! The timing is hilariously convenient. Ill PM you.

- - - Updated - - -

I am always an OEM kind of guy. Fair price given I paid 500 for a set w/o rotors but I also never trust used rotors after being burned so many times.
    Awesome, Im gonna order those OEM ones, I appreciate the insight!

Thanks everyone. Dibs to xrocket.

Used Trelleborg/Full Bore friction spike winter dirt bike tires for sale 19/21-8aedeba3-1ee6-40a7-bd5f-59981fc9767d

Sold/quickly paid/delivered to xrocket, thanks, happy winter rippage

3 days from the ad being created to them on my doorstep!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sorry guys, just noticed this ad. I was just up in portsmouth. I could have helped get them halfway there.

Anyways. Congrats.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

The front is directional and has an arrow. I dont see an arrow on the rear? I looked around online and don't see anything. The tread isnt symmetrical so I just don't want to put it on backwards.

Sorry, I have no idea on that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast