Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

100+ mph tickets - then what?

Re: 100+ mph tickets - then what?

So any new crop of 100+ this season?

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Peripheral to this thread, have any results come out of the investigation into the crash that killed 7 and injured three?

The pickup was towing a trailer so they had no place to go, and apparently had only left a parking lot 1/4 mile prior so we’re still bunched up. But the road was almost straight, kind of hard to understand how the pickup driver wound up all the way to the other side.

Guess I shouldn’t be that surprised, got hit head on (in car) by a drunk on a Monday afternoon in downtown Peabody. The driver had a series of arrests previously and a pending DUI in CT.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

I am not positive but that looked like a big equipment trailer probably should have been towed by at least a dump truck

Maybe tapped the brakes and the trailer just went where it wanted to

Be safe out there men

0 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

I will speculate here. The way the truck was going was a slight bend left, I rode it a few days after that accident. The truck was a new Ram 2500 which currently has a recall on the steering linkage that can come loose and cause possible loss of control of the vehicle. Just a thought.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    I will speculate here. The way the truck was going was a slight bend left, I rode it a few days after that accident. The truck was a new Ram 2500 which currently has a recall on the steering linkage that can come loose and cause possible loss of control of the vehicle. Just a thought.
    hmm! if that's the case, Chrysler will be lightening their deep pockets

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    So, nothing to do with the driver's multiple drug and DUI arrests?

Maybe this needs it's own thread.

0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post

It's quite possible. I'm definitely not defending him at all but they claim he didn't test positive for anything and didn't find proof of distracted driving. So that's why I was speculating.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post

exactly, previous DUIs don't make you drunk today, the only thing they have to do with is MA negligence in revoking his license, because they didn't, he had a valid license

was he drunk, doubtful, leo's let him leave the scene

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

https://wbznewsradio.iheart.com/cont...bikers-killed/

The driver accused of killing seven bikers on a New Hampshire highway in June was under the influence of drugs and reaching for a drink at the time of the crash, the Boston Globe reports.

The new information about his alleged intoxication came from a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration report obtained by the Globe.
    What drug was not specified. His former employer has closed their doors, no doubt to try and avoid the inevitable lawsuits.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-02-19 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    https://wbznewsradio.iheart.com/cont...bikers-killed/

What drug was not specified. His former employer has closed their doors, no doubt to try and avoid the inevitable lawsuits.
    I heard this on the radio yesterday. Based on the reporting of his previous problems, it was not a surprise.

0 Not allowed!

Opens some doors for lawsuits against the MA DMV?

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Opens some doors for lawsuits against the MA DMV?
    Given the info that came to light in the hearings that door was already opened. It doesn't really matter what the actual cause of the crash was. The guy could have been stone cold sober but still shouldn't have been driving if protocol had been followed. I think this new info will just strengthen case some.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

The RMV should take a big hit on this. The families will likely find nothing with the driver and company.

0 Not allowed!

MA RMV was not processing paper reports of violations that would impact CDL’s. The Commissioner resigned. They have now suspended over 1,600 CDL’s after reviewing the information sent by other states, and that was a few weeks ago.

[he unprocessed out-of-state violations were discovered in bins at registry headquarters and during a search of the agency's archives dating back to 2011.

A Friday memo from Marie Breen, general counsel for the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, and Jamey Tesler, acting Registrar of Motor Vehicles also said there's "no evidence that the RMV has (at least not for many years) had a consistent practice of sending out mail or electronic notification of violations or suspension actions taken in Massachusetts to other states in 'real time.'"

The memo said there were some exceptions "including a period of time during which Massachusetts and New Hampshire exchanged electronic files in an attempt to ensure that both states' records were up to date."

The registry is trying to improve the way it handles incoming out-of-state notifications received by mail to make sure they are scanned and reviewed and that any notifications triggering suspension are acted upon quickly.

"Since July 1, we have reviewed over 1,477 pieces of incoming mail containing out-of-state notifications and issued 98 suspensions of out-of-state drivers," the memo said.

The report also said the registry will now rely on mailing notifications to other states.
    https://www.nhpr.org/post/probe-laun...-mass#stream/0

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-03-19 at 06:46 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234