Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Check all that apply

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Necromancy. Bring the threads back.

    6 25.00%
  • Nah. Let the threads rot

    9 37.50%
  • Bemused

    7 29.17%
  • Beet is naked

    10 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 61 of 61

The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

  1. #51
    Posting Freak capitalcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    869

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...


    If they buy a bunch of servers and host it themselves maybe. I'm not sure they have any other options

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #52
    Lifer joeswamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Swampscott, MA
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Yeah it looks like Parler is dead for now. Appears the closest competitor is 'Gab', which leans even more white supremacist and was used to plan the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. After that event Gab lost its advertisers, servers, and lawyers (just like Parler) but now they are back up with their own hardware. Some 'very fine people' over there making plans together.

    Yet another reason to abandon Section 230 protections...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

  3. #53
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by joeswamp View Post
    Yeah it looks like Parler is dead for now. Appears the closest competitor is 'Gab', which leans even more white supremacist and was used to plan the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. After that event Gab lost its advertisers, servers, and lawyers (just like Parler) but now they are back up with their own hardware. Some 'very fine people' over there making plans together.

    Yet another reason to abandon Section 230 protections...
    I have a very direct motivation to abandon section 230 protections. There are a number of “sewers” in higher ed that are protected from action by this section.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #54
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,333

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I have a very direct motivation to abandon section 230 protections. There are a number of “sewers” in higher ed that are protected from action by this section.
    I'd like to hear more about this.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  5. #55
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Imagine places where almost anything can be posted about someone, but because the posters are anonymous and the site is protected by 230, there is zero recourse for the person being attacked.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #56
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    20,503

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Teacher reviews?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  7. #57
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,333

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Imagine places where almost anything can be posted about someone, but because the posters are anonymous and the site is protected by 230, there is zero recourse for the person being attacked.
    Like specifically though. It does interest me.

    I think iglu is referring to rate my prof or whatever. Is that what your talking about? Cause I honestly never thought of that. I have however thought about Yelps shit tactics and I do not use them because of it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  8. #58
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    20,503

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Like specifically though. It does interest me.

    I think iglu is referring to rate my prof or whatever. Is that what your talking about? Cause I honestly never thought of that. I have however thought about Yelps shit tactics and I do not use them because of it.
    Yeah, SteveM's got a beef, and it would be nice to get more than just the clickbait headlines.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  9. #59
    Lifer Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandown, NH
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Like specifically though. It does interest me.

    I think iglu is referring to rate my prof or whatever. Is that what your talking about? Cause I honestly never thought of that. I have however thought about Yelps shit tactics and I do not use them because of it.
    Yelps shit tactics?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Your park avenue leads to..

  10. #60
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Yelps shit tactics?
    There’s an entire reputation destruction without recourse industry that sells ads on these sites and makes money under the 230 protection.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #61
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,333

    Re: The 4 deleted Rambo threads...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Yelps shit tactics?
    Yeah, they hold ratings hostage unless you advertise with them. IE you have negative ratings on your business and you can do nothing about it unless you advertise with them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •