Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ACLU

ACLU

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Would you allow females to lead boy scouts?

THEY DO!

I do not want my tax dollars going to a private organization that descriminates based on a religious and sexual basis. How is this demonizing the BSA? I choose not to support them. That doesn't mean I want them disbanded, I just will not willfully give them my money until they are in line with my beliefs. I can't be forced to support them just as they can't be forced to change their policies. I was explaining why I choose not to support their policies.

It's not a radical agenda, but it does influence boys who are at an impressionable age. They are, and there is no way to deny it, saying that living as a gay person is not morally acceptable.

I'm no outsider preachin about things I know nothing about here. I think the BSA was a stronger organization that was more respected overall before they implemented the rules on
    homosexuality.
    I could be wrong, but I do not remember any female Scout Masters.

And I say "Good for the Boy Scouts" for not mainstreaming homosexuality.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

ACLU

Originally posted by bentbryan
    And I say "Good for the Boy Scouts" for not mainstreaming homosexuality.
    I still dont understand wtf that is supposed to mean....

I cant beleive peole STILL think homosexuality is a choice..it is really sad....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Lifer

ACLU

Bryan in this time of massive federal government deficits and an average household savings rate of 0%, which other PRIVATE organizations do you think the government should be propping up???

Who the hell cares what the Boy Scouts do, they are a private organization, they don't need tax money from the government and they shouldn't get it.

What other private organizations does a conservative like you think we should give taxpayer money to?

Everybody to the limit!

ACLU

Originally posted by bigred875

I cant beleive peole STILL think homosexuality is a choice..it is really sad....

But I've long ago said all I care to say on the matter.

ACLU

Originally posted by Honclfibr

But I've long ago said all I care to say on the matter.
    me too...just sayin..my grandfather says that...make no sense to me...

that and normalize..or whatever... I jump all over him when he gets in his homophobe rants...

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Everybody to the limit!

ACLU

me too...just sayin..my grandfather says that...make no sense to me...

that and normalize..or whatever... I jump all over him when he gets in his homophobe rants...
    Yep, my grandfather used to be pretty homophobic too, I guess it's just a sign of the times in a way. He's come along way now though. I guess having your only two children (who, interestingly enough, happen to be twins - though brother and sister, fraternal) turn out homosexual tends to alter your perceptions of things a bit

ACLU

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Yep, my grandfather used to be pretty homophobic too, I guess it's just a sign of the times in a way. He's come along way now though. I guess having your only two children (who, interestingly enough, happen to be twins - though brother and sister, fraternal) turn out homosexual tends to alter your perceptions of things a bit
    lol..I bet My grandfather is second generation Italian..the only way he change his veiws is if her was gay..lol

ACLU

My boss's wife at the Model T shop was our assistant scoutmaster. In 1989 or something around there they decided to allow female leaders.

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

ACLU

Originally posted by benVFR
    Bryan in this time of massive federal government deficits and an average household savings rate of 0%, which other PRIVATE organizations do you think the government should be propping up???

Who the hell cares what the Boy Scouts do, they are a private organization, they don't need tax money from the government and they shouldn't get it.

What other private organizations does a conservative like you think we should give taxpayer money to?
    Ben, I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't know much about the story of the ACLU and the BSA.
    The gov't doesn't prop up the BSA, not even close. If that was the case, then why did I have to sell boxes and boxes of chocolate bars to go to Philmont Scout Rance in NM? I did some research and what I could find was that in the past military bases have sponsored troops. Coming from experience (we had many jamborees at Pease AFB, and I knew some scouts from the base's local troop) there doesn't seem to be much of a financial commitment, other than providing an existing space for scout use. However, I did find that the Pentagon spends 2 million every 2 years to set up for the national jamboree. GASP!! A WHOLE 2 MILLION?!!!!!! Give me a fucking break. Look at all the cash that is dumped into worthless gov't social programs (which the DNC proudly champions). Look at the BILLIONS we have sent to Africa to cure AIDS, yet another worthless cause. The list goes on and on and on. If the gov't were donating millions and millions upon millions per year to the scouts with people in leadership making big money of it, that would be a different story to me. Hence this is not the case. We're talking about a drop in the bucket. And that drop is going towards enriching America's youth. Tell me you can't see the benefit of that. It's really, really simple. IMO, if the military donates a small amount of $$ and time, great.

It's funny to see so many people jump on the ACLU bandwagon without checking the facts first....

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Thumbs up ACLU

yeah, great organization, gathering info on those that donate

ACLU

Who said anything about homosexuality being a choice? Otherwise it's very interesting to see you put a homophobe label on me instead of debating what I said.

I said MAINSTREAMED. You're right though, it is sad when people believe homosexuality is a choice. However, I would not want my 12 y/o son to have an openly gay role model (I'm talking Scout Master here). Would you?

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

ACLU

However, I would not want my 12 y/o son to have an openly gay role model (I'm talking Scout Master here). Would you?

Amen to that. Here's my take, my son is gonna do the same things I did, only he'll have his dad around to help him through some of the tough choices I made alone. The BSA is a maybe, only because there are like 50 tropps in my nieghboorhood, and most of the kids he'll goto school with will be in.

ACLU

Originally posted by benVFR

On this matter I'm a conservative like him, and I think the money should be spent on homeless shelters, I know not tomany will agree, but with even 1 child not having a home is grounds enough to spend billions on ways to stop that

ACLU

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    Amen to that. Here's my take, my son is gonna do the same things I did, only he'll have his dad around to help him through some of the tough choices I made alone. The BSA is a maybe, only because there are like 50 tropps in my nieghboorhood, and most of the kids he'll goto school with will be in.
    Holy Shit! 50 troops?! That's a BIG neighborhood!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

ACLU

Holy Shit! 50 troops?! That's a BIG neighborhood!
    Not that many, but there are at least 6 troop trailers within a 2 mile radias

ACLU

That's still quite a bit. Kewl!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

ACLU

this ain't the north country, we are VERY heavily populated, plus some are probaly GSA

ACLU

Who said anything about homosexuality being a choice? Otherwise it's very interesting to see you put a homophobe label on me instead of debating what I said.

I said MAINSTREAMED. You're right though, it is sad when people believe homosexuality is a choice. However, I would not want my 12 y/o son to have an openly gay role model (I'm talking Scout Master here). Would you?
    You did when you talk about mainstreaming homosexuality..wtf does that mean..I mean really..

Yours(and sevens) logic make no sense tome at all..... Mainstream homosexuallity... gimme a break.. you are chastising
    these guys because they were born differently then you..plain and simple...

It is funny how in the same post you can say that you dont think it is a choice..yet would not want a homosexual man to coach your 12 year old son.... thats brilliant..

Does this mean you would not have a hetro-sexual man coaching your 12 year old daughters basket ball team? I doubt it...whats the difference...

What do you think the homosexual male is gonna walk around with his dick hanging while trying to touch the boy's pee pee's? gimme a break...

I really dont want to get into this..because in this arguement you conservatives are guilty of the same things you accuse the liberals of...you are basing your opinions on your emotions and feelings and just plain ignoring the facts in front of you...

There are perverts everywhere..hetro and homosexual.....

it is old school thinking..I have been around homosexuals all of my life...my aunts lived in Boston and had several gay friends. Ignorance is bliss I guess....

My roomate was raised by a gay father and his partner since childhood...and his partner also had a son...they have been together for over 20yrs... And you would never know they were gay unless I told you... and neither him nor myself norturned out gay...because of the infuence...or role model or whatever..

In 10 years from know this will not be an issue...maybe a little longer..but eventually...

ACLU

education is key..hidding homosexuality from your children is not going to help anyone...

ACLU

education is key..hidding homosexuality from your children is not going to help anyone...
    DING!

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

ACLU

ignorance is bliss huh, then I must not know bliss.....

My mother had many gay friends, and no they didn't have an influence on me, on the other hand they were extremely flamboiyant. If you're gay but act like a normal human being, not pancing in the pansies then so be it. If you walk around with a shrit that says 'I am a man that likes man sex' then you can take a fucking hike, I don't want you or your friends around me and my kids. I don't go out in public shouting I like to have sex with women, I just do it in the privacy of my own home......

Oh and one of the guys my mothee knew, nicknamed BUBBLES, was gay for a long time until he met his wife. They've been married for 13 yrs now, with 2 kids, and I don't think he is still messing with the man gooo....

Lifer

ACLU

Ben, I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't know much about the story of the ACLU and the BSA.
    The gov't doesn't prop up the BSA, not even close. If that was the case, then why did I have to sell boxes and boxes of chocolate bars to go to Philmont Scout Rance in NM? I did some research and what I could find was that in the past military bases have sponsored troops. Coming from experience (we had many jamborees at Pease AFB, and I knew some scouts from the base's local troop) there doesn't seem to be much of a financial commitment, other than providing an existing space for scout use. However, I did find that the Pentagon spends 2 million every 2 years to set up for the national jamboree. GASP!! A WHOLE 2 MILLION?!!!!!! Give me a fucking break. Look at all the cash that is dumped into worthless gov't social programs (which the DNC proudly champions). Look at the BILLIONS we have sent to Africa to cure AIDS, yet another worthless cause. The list goes on and on and on. If the gov't were donating millions and millions upon millions per year to the scouts with people in leadership making big money of it, that would be a different story to me. Hence this is not the case. We're talking about a drop in the bucket. And that drop is going towards enriching America's youth. Tell me you can't see the benefit of that. It's really, really simple. IMO, if the military donates a small amount of $$ and time, great.

It's funny to see so many people jump on the ACLU bandwagon without checking the facts first....
    Okay... mental note...

Bentbryan:

Social ultra conservative
    Fiscal flaming liberal

ACLU

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    ignorance is bliss huh, then I must not know bliss.....

My mother had many gay friends, and no they didn't have an influence on me, on the other hand they were extremely flamboiyant. If you're gay but act like a normal human being, not pancing in the pansies then so be it. If you walk around with a shrit that says 'I am a man that likes man sex' then you can take a fucking hike, I don't want you or your friends around me and my kids. I don't go out in public shouting I like to have sex with women, I just do it in the privacy of my own home......

Oh and one of the guys my mothee knew, nicknamed BUBBLES, was gay for a long time until he met his wife. They've been married for 13 yrs now, with 2 kids, and I don't think he is still messing with the man gooo....
    no shit..I have no tolerance for flamming flamboyant fags....

I dont have tolerance for hetrosexual displays like that also...

out of all the homosexuals I have met there has only been a couple flammers...the rest were just as normal as you and I

this is exactly the kind of arguements that make 0 sense...way to stereotype...

ACLU

Hey Ben, as long as we're 'pigeon-holing' people on the board:

BenVFR=Ultra-left bordering on Communist, whiney-pinko liberal

LRRS#167

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast