Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

ACLU

Lifer

ACLU

I am rapidly becoming a fiscal conservative, I really think this country is fucked if we don't get the piggy bank in order.

I don't see how a conservative can support things like government money going to boy scouts.

I would go out on a limb and say it is probably time we cut way back on our international aid too since someone brought it up.

Bryan, if you are really a conservative, it comes off as massively hypocritical for you to thing a non-essential group like Boy Scouts is deserving of any funding just because you have an emotional attachment.

All those guys in Congress that have a little attachment to some program like Boy Scouts is a big part of the reason the country is so fucked financially. You say $2 million for boy scouts here is no big deal, someone else wants a few million somewhere else, next thing you know the country is $500 billion in debt.

Bush is FINALLY waking up to the reality of this, it is about 4 years too late though!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ACLU

Originally posted by bentbryan
    You base that ENTIRELY on my statement that "I don't want my 12 y/o kid having an avowed homosexual as a role model"?

It sure comes off as "I don't want my kids being exposed to people who are gay".

Wouldn't have it sounded much better to say "I don't want my kids to be around people who push their agendas on impressionable youth. "?

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

ACLU

FWIW, I'm not of the opinion the homosexual men are more likely to be predatory to young boys. That's not my case. What I'm saying is that these days the youth of America is inundated with all kinds of stuff to absorb, and it's getting worse everyday. There is plenty of time when they can learn all about homosexuality. Why push it on them at such a young age? If a scout master has homosexual sex in his home, without the need to go out and announce to everyone that he's gay and everyone has to accept that, fine with me. I would feel the same about a scoutmaster who participates in group-sex or s&m.

It's funny to me how the gay-rights started out as a group that wanted to get the gov't out of the bedroom, now they want them back in.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

ACLU

Originally posted by benVFR
    I am rapidly becoming a fiscal conservative, I really think this country is fucked if we don't get the piggy bank in order.

I don't see how a conservative can support things like government money going to boy scouts.

I would go out on a limb and say it is probably time we cut way back on our international aid too since someone brought it up.

Bryan, if you are really a conservative, it comes off as massively hypocritical for you to thing a non-essential group like Boy Scouts is deserving of any funding just because you have an emotional attachment.

All those guys in Congress that have a little attachment to some program like Boy Scouts is a big part of the reason the country is so fucked financially. You say $2 million for boy scouts here is no big deal, someone else wants a few million somewhere else, next thing you know the country is $500 billion in debt.

Bush is FINALLY waking up to the reality of this, it is about 4 years too late though!

Actually I heard some info on NPR (of all places) a few days ago that actually downplayed the deficit. The report went on to say that the deficit was actually larger under Reagan, it's just that the economy is much bigger now.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

ACLU

Originally posted by bentbryan
    If a scout master has homosexual sex in his home, without the need to go out and announce to everyone that he's gay and everyone has to accept that, fine with me. I would feel the same about a scoutmaster who participates in group-sex or s&m.
    So we agree!

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

ACLU

Originally posted by TheIglu
    So we agree!

Apparently.

2003 Yamaha R6