Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Next batter - Hillary in '08

Bubba's back on the road!

As for a Republican challenger, Mitt Romni and Rudy G. come to mind instantly.

Personally, I think all of Rudy's work on GW's 2004 campaign was to set the stage for his 2008 run.

But, that's just me!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Lifer

Romney's a freakin Mormon... you are never going to see him win a Republican nomination unless things are going to change in a major way. It seems as unlikely as a gay Republican platform.

Hillary is obviously a bad candidate, she has too much damage & baggage, it will be too easy for Republicans to run a smear campaign against her.

This is very shallow, but I think it reflects how people vote, I think Rudy is too ugly and not a slick enough speaker to win. I think the GOP will realize this and not nominate him. He has substance but that is of secondary importance these days.

Littering and........

I think I might vote for Rudy if he ran, depending on who ran against him.

Cheney said in the debates he wasn't going to run for Prez.

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    Too bad Cheney probably won't make a run... he'd kick ass as President...
    You need help

Nathan

Lifer

Question for the Republicans who are up on history...

AFAIK Kennedy was the only non-protestant christian president?

Has the GOP ever even nominated someone who wasn't a protestant?

A Catholic seems much easier for most of the country to accept as a president than a Mormon, Jew, Muslim, etc.. At least Catholics and Protestants are just slightly different versions of the same thing.

Originally posted by benVFR
    Question for the Republicans who are up on history...

AFAIK Kennedy was the only non-protestant christian president?

Has the GOP ever even nominated someone who wasn't a protestant?

A Catholic seems much easier for most of the country to accept as a president than a Mormon, Jew, Muslim, etc.. At least Catholics and Protestants are just slightly different versions of the same thing.
    Not a repub, but GWB is a methodist, so were were William McKinley (1897-1901) (Republican) and Rutherford B. Hayes (1877-1881) (Also a Repuplican). GB Senior was an Episcopalian, off the top of my head anyhow...

Oh, just found this link in the bookmarks: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...s-affiliations

Seems the religious diversity among the christian faiths is pretty great. All christian though.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Originally posted by hohum
    Not a repub, but GWB is a methodist, so were were William McKinley (1897-1901) (Republican) and Rutherford B. Hayes (1877-1881) (Also a Repuplican). GB Senior was an Episcopalian, off the top of my head anyhow...

Oh, just found this link in the bookmarks: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...s-affiliations

Seems the religious diversity among the christian faiths is pretty great. All christian though.
    pretty exclusively Protetestants, tho... don't seem to be any other Catholics (JFK being the exception), but there do seem to be a few Unitarians / Deists in there-- not really Christian-- as well as a couple who are either NDP or the compiler didn't know...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Woo, Eisenhower was a Jehova initially?

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by bemused
    pretty exclusively Protetestants, tho... don't seem to be any other Catholics (JFK being the exception), but there do seem to be a few Unitarians / Deists in there-- not really Christian-- as well as a couple who are either NDP or the compiler didn't know...
    Eh, Unitarian ~= Protestant
    Methodist != Protestant

funny thing

It seems as unlikely as a gay Republican platform

Warwicks re-elected mayor is a gay republican

Re: Re: funny thing

New England is waaaaay too liberal...
    And what exactly about being gay makes him unfit to be mayor? And if he's a republican wheres this way too liberal comment come from?

Eh, Unitarian ~= Protestant
    Methodist != Protestant
    I thought Unitarian /= Protestant... that they, in fact, didn't align w/ any single creed, embraced all?

was I wrong?

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Lifer

So is he a gay republican who is opposed to gay marriage?

Must be some interesting debates going on in his mind.

I thought Unitarian /= Protestant... that they, in fact, didn't align w/ any single creed, embraced all?

was I wrong?
    No, not entirely. Unitarianism has its roots in Protestantism, and while its no longer directly associated with any single creed, the foundations of Protestantism still make up a substantial bulk of the religion, but those foundations have been generalized to make it a more inclusive religion.

She's got my vote.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

No, not entirely. Unitarianism has its roots in Protestantism, and while its no longer directly associated with any single creed, the foundations of Protestantism still make up a substantial bulk of the religion, but those foundations have been generalized to make it a more inclusive religion.
    hm-m-m... my understanding is that Unitarianism stems from Deism-- in fact, the link you provided alludes to that, as well-- which says (gross oversimplification): God created the earth, then just sat back to see what happened. no other interaction, intervention, or overt meddling...

hence, no Son of God (JC)...

hence, not Christian...

now... I agree that the original Unitarian / Universalists prolly came mostly from the ranks of Protestant congregations; and it could be that the folk who told me about the Deism connection had their OWN agenda (or were mistaken)...

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

hm-m-m... my understanding is that Unitarianism stems from Deism-- in fact, the link you provided alludes to that, as well-- which says (gross oversimplification): God created the earth, then just sat back to see what happened. no other interaction, intervention, or overt meddling...

hence, no Son of God (JC)...

hence, not Christian...

now... I agree that the original Unitarian / Universalists prolly came mostly from the ranks of Protestant congregations; and it could be that the folk who told me about the Deism connection had their OWN agenda (or were mistaken)...
    Kinda hard to say actually... Since the foundations are definitely Protestant (in a historical sense), but their just as happy to accept you if you believe in a a Son of God as if you Don't. So they are kind of Christian if you like, Deist if you don't.

Kinda hard to say actually... Since the foundations are definitely Protestant (in a historical sense), but their just as happy to accept you if you believe in a a Son of God as if you Don't. So they are kind of Christian if you like, Deist if you don't.
    'kay!

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Re: Re: funny thing

New England is waaaaay too liberal...
    New Hampshire USED to be conservative. I'd bet the huge migration from Mass. to NH has something to do with it. Something like 200,000 in the last 4 years alone!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Hillary is obviously a bad candidate, she has too much damage & baggage, it will be too easy for Republicans to run a smear campaign against her.
    I disagree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she wound up on the democratic ticket.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Lifer

Originally posted by bentbryan
    I disagree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she wound up on the democratic ticket.
    No you are not disagreeing with me. I said she was a bad candidate, not that she was unlikely to end up on the ticket.

She must have some voodoo powers over men, she sure gets what she wants.

Originally posted by bentbryan
    I HIGHLY doubt you will see her on the ticket in '08. I know you HOPE she's on the ticket in '08 cause she's the redheaded step child conservatives love to pick on, but I'd be willing to put some money on the fact that the presidential ticket in '08 will not include Hillary.

No you are not disagreeing with me. I said she was a bad candidate, not that she was unlikely to end up on the ticket.

She must have some voodoo powers over men, she sure gets what she wants.

ah, I see. misunderstood ya. sorry, been smoking to much pot in my t-shirt and shorts.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400