Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BEWARE - 724-789-9296 - Possible Fraud Alert

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

Scumbag with a foreign accent (no offense intended to anybody of foreign origin) just called me from this number stating that he has been receiving some error message reports from my computer. My kids were playing in the playground at which point he heard them and responded by making a rumbling noise over the phone. I then asked what he said to me, and the scumbag hung up. My wife told me she already told this faggot to stop calling. BEWARE!!

0 Not allowed!

Lifer
    iTrader Score

Re: BEWARE - 724-789-9296 - Possible Fraud Alert

Shoveling shit against the tide on the number. They have thousands to burn assuming it was even real. Just be aware of the concept. No one should ever call you (especially randomly) and ask for information about your computer. Any legit business should have reputable website with 1-800 number to call, so hang up and call them back. I'm surprised the 'error reports from computer' thing is still fairly common. Seems like it'd make more sense to say there is suspected fraud on your credit card and ask to confirm your social and DOB or something like that.

There's a few IT types on youtube who have trolled this guys and let them connect to their computer if you want to see more of their routine.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

iTrader Score

Yeah, my number got stolen and I got a bunch of calls from irate citizens like yourself, all giving me a piece of their mind. Lasted for a few weeks then they stopped using my number.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LLRS AM #642

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

iTrader Score

I don't answer the number I don't recognize anymore. The fuckers even use the numbers very similar to mine (area code and first three). Leave me a voice message, introduce yourself and I will call back if I know who you are.

1 Not allowed!

World Trackday Champion xxaarraa's Avatar
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Scumbag with a foreign accent (no offense intended to anybody of foreign origin)
    Is this like when people say "I don't mean to offend you by what I am about to say" right before they proceed to rather deliberately offend you? I always find "no offense" comments rather amusing.

1 Not allowed!
    All you need to know about NESR:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Personally, I would just call up Shell and see which bike they have specified for Rotella.

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

I got the IRS scam call and fucked with the dude good.....he was pissed and we went back in forth a few times

2 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Is this like when people say "I don't mean to offend you by what I am about to say" right before they proceed to rather deliberately offend you? I always find "no offense" comments rather amusing.
    No offense, comrade, but you speak like a James Bond movie villain :

1 Not allowed!
    Matt
    '07 Yamaha FZ6 - Street
    '01 Honda CBR600F4i - Track
    '98 Suzuki DR350SE - Miscellaneous

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

I suppose that I could have skipped my little no offense caviat altogether. I did not mention the the persons suspected country of origin in an attempt to avoid this kind of discussion. Not uncommon for fishing/scam attacks to come from abroad, hence my saying that he was of foreign origin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AEG View Post
    I don't answer the number I don't recognize anymore. The fuckers even use the numbers very similar to mine (area code and first three). Leave me a voice message, introduce yourself and I will call back if I know who you are.
    Ditto. My daughter got a recording saying they were looking for so-and-so, as there was a court judgement against them, with some vague threat. Strangely, apparently if you call them back they hang up! I GIS unknown #'s now.

I don't understand the email scams where they ask you to quote on HP toner cartridges, with a spoof email and company. Actually called one once and said, "Can you explain how you make money off this?" But the guy was in Pakistan, confused and grumpy.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-09-17 at 07:40 AM.
    WR250R | TW200 | Tiger 1050 ABS | CRF100F | R90/6

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

This one reads more like he was describing someone by using the accent and then offering up the no offense piece.

He wasn't like, no offense, but that dress makes you look fat.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

He might have implied that there are some people with a foreign accent who are not scumbags. BEWARE - 724-789-9296 - Possible Fraud Alert

or there are scumbags who do not have the foreign accent BEWARE - 724-789-9296 - Possible Fraud Alert

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by AEG; 08-09-17 at 07:40 AM.

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Heidi Klum - accent.

0 Not allowed!
    WR250R | TW200 | Tiger 1050 ABS | CRF100F | R90/6

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott

iTrader Score

I occasionally like to string them along.

Them: Sir I need you to run the command "netstat -a"
    Me: Ok.
    Them: Do you see all the names listed on the screen?
    Me: Yes.
    Them: Those are all the computers trying to hack you.
    Me: Oh no! This looks really bad! How do I fix this!

They ultimately want you to use a remote desktop service so they can interact directly with your computer. Some of them aren't actively malicious but want to scare you into buying their useless service. Others will do bad things to your computer if you give them access and then refuse to pay for anything.

1 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

"Hang on, I'm just gunna stop you right there, I'm an IT guy. "

-click

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

iTrader Score

The guy that called me got more and more pissed every time I responded with "I don't believe you" to any of his claims. He wouldn't give up though. I probably kept him on the line for 20 minutes while he tried to convince me that he had figured out my phone number from hack attempts from my computer. Had he really persisted I was going to fire up my Seagate GoFlex Net and let him try to figure that out.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / ??? - 2009 XC-W 300

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

-click
    LOL!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

-click
    The guy I got didn't care, he was tenacious.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / ??? - 2009 XC-W 300

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the OP is a trump supporter

2 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the OP is a trump supporter

LOL. Good try....let's just say a naturalized citizen (aka of foreign origin), who speaks with an accent.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

LOL.

FYI, I implied nothing. Just laying out the details of my conversation.

However I do agree that Scumbagerie has no race, accent or color.

Someone else, responded to one of my post by saying "gracias" despite my not speaking Spanish. He does not know me. Nobody here saw me calling him out, did you?

C'mon fellas, you guys seriously gonna try to turn this into a political thing? I myself have been a target of prejudice many many times. I know how that feels first hand. And it wasnt anything like someone said that someone with an accent called them. I remember at young age helping at lady unload her groceries at Stop and Shop at which point she told me something to what I replied "I do not speak English", which was followed by a response from her to go back to where I came from.

I always worked twice as hard as my fellow American friends. Never signed up for affirmative action programs, though I remember at least one dude in my college who came from the same country as I did who was milking the hell out of the affirmative action program despite his underperforming in school. He made his choice and I respect that. I made my own choice based on what I thought was right.

Dude who called us is a scumbag, no way around that. I suppose your saying that my mentioning his foreign origin is irrelevant.

Now the guy called me from a Pennsylvania area code.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Eddie; 08-09-17 at 09:29 AM.

Hypertarded
    iTrader Score

I never get scam calls, however my # apparently is 2 transposed digits off from a drug dealer as I get druggies mis-dialing my # leaving messages looking for some "candies", asking what time i'll be dropping off the "candies", and how many"candies" I have left cause they want to party from the context and slurred voices i'm guessing "candies" is the code for Oxycontins with this dealer. Sometimes i'll fuck with them, text back i've been busted or cops are on to me. Actually had the dealer call me to complain (which is how I know his # is so close to mine) and tell me to stop "fuckin with his people" Only time I answer is when Crazy Barbara starts calling every 4 minutes where r u/answer your phone/call me back/need my candies/WTF dude, etc.....after 8-10 calls in a row I answer and scream "WRONG FUCKIN # BITCH!"

1 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

anyone not born and raised in northern New England has an accent

2 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I never get scam calls, however my # apparently is 2 transposed digits off from a drug dealer as I get druggies mis-dialing my # leaving messages looking for some "candies", asking what time i'll be dropping off the "candies", and how many"candies" I have left cause they want to party from the context and slurred voices i'm guessing "candies" is the code for Oxycontins with this dealer. Sometimes i'll fuck with them, text back i've been busted or cops are on to me. Actually had the dealer call me to complain (which is how I know his # is so close to mine) and tell me to stop "fuckin with his people" Only time I answer is when Crazy Barbara starts calling every 4 minutes where r u/answer your phone/call me back/need my candies/WTF dude, etc.....after 8-10 calls in a row I answer and scream "WRONG FUCKIN # BITCH!"
    PM sent for which digits to transpose. thnx.

1 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    My wife told me she already told this faggot to stop calling.
    For the record, this is definitely a problem as well. Not much to say other than that's not an OK thing to say.

2 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Had to show this to a co-worker. Brilliant!

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast