Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Bowe Bergdahl

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

If we start choosing the conditions under which an American serviceman is "worth" bringing home, we are doomed.

I may not agree with how the deal was made, but I believe in one simple concept.

Bring Americans home, then deal with how they got captured afterward.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    If we start choosing the conditions under which an American serviceman is "worth" bringing home, we are doomed.

I may not agree with how the deal was made, but I believe in one simple concept.

Bring Americans home, then deal with how they got captured afterward.
    I am not 100% informed on the details, however I feel it's somewhat reasonable to ask "at what point is he no longer considered a serviceman?"

There are reports from members of his unit, as well as letters to his parents, that indicate he no longer wished to be a part of the United States military. He was not kidnapped, was not taken forcefully from his post, rather he made a decision that he would rather abandon the Army and fend for himself in a foreign hostile country, knowing the risks involved.

1 Not allowed!

The second that you drop your gear, turn your back and walk away towards your enemy during time of war permits every service member around you to shoot you...for a reason.

0 Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Are you the one smiling?
    I'm the one with the short hair.

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dove View Post
    So, you were a soldier and you understand that these guys don't keep POWs. They kill you, film it and use it as propaganda.

Why did he get to live? He clearly was not a POW and for you to push his mental health as justification for retrieval confuses me.
    Reported on what others said, not my opinion.

That's what the quotes were for.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-07-14 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I'm the one with the short hair.
    Ah, in the green. There you are!

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I think he could be naked in that shot and we'd never know.
    Depends if his residence was NH or MA at the time.

0 Not allowed!

This Community Organizer from Chicago never gave two shits about some white Army deserter. He used this as a excuse to release these five terrorists. In the book Audacity Of Hope he stated that when the shit hits the fan he will stand with his Islam brothers. His fucking words. . . . Mark my words. On the last day this scumbag is in office he is gonna pardon (unleash on the public is more like it) crack dealers, murderers, terrorists, and everyone in ICE custody on you. And the hopefully disarmed retard liberals will defend him. Just watch.

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

I'm thinking this exchange of 5 for 1 is chess, not checkers.

Wonder how many of the 5 released detainees will be alive in a year or two, vs. how many are blown up during meetings with other hard-to-catch Taliban leadership, due to miraculously "lucky" drone strikes. I doubt any will ride off into the sunset, unwatched/untracked/unbugged. Hell, they could've even been the only detainees willing to make deals to be double agents, after years of torture...

0 Not allowed!

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post

Wonder how many of the 5 released detainees will be alive in a year or two, vs. how many are blown up during meetings with other hard-to-catch Taliban leadership, due to miraculously "lucky" drone strikes. I doubt any will ride off into the sunset, unwatched/untracked/unbugged. Hell, they could've even been the only detainees willing to make deals to be double agents, after years of torture...
    I think that might be about right. Also, if the military (and surely, CIA, etc) can get Bergdahl to play ball, they can potentially extract a ton of useful intel about Taliban operations and structure. Regardless of his original motive, if he does debrief cooperatively, they could learn quite a lot.

0 Not allowed!
    no bikes currently

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post

My understanding is that the Taliban specified the 5 to be traded; we didn't pick them.

PhilB

1 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by Dove View Post
    I dig your style.
    I've asked three times for you to express your opinion, since you seem to have decided the matter. I want to hear more facts before voicing an opinion.

I'm sure it dawned on Bergdahl long ago that whatever suck his assignment was, he would have been out of the service and home years ago if he'd gone and visited the Chaplain instead of taking a walk.

0 Not allowed!

More coming out about Bergdahl every day. I am not rushing to judgement because he was there, and I wasn't.

Many officers seem to feel that being prisoner of the Taliban for five years was more punishment that anything we could do to him. Suicide is a sadly frequent result of sending many young men off to war, and it would not surprise me if this is the eventual result, though I don't wish it on anyone: it won't bring anyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Depends if his residence was NH or MA at the time.
    NH.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I think he could be naked in that shot and we'd never know.
    What has been seen cannot be unseen.

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-07-14 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    This Community Organizer from Chicago never gave two shits about some white Army deserter. He used this as a excuse to release these five terrorists. In the book Audacity Of Hope he stated that when the shit hits the fan he will stand with his Islam brothers. His fucking words. . . . Mark my words. On the last day this scumbag is in office he is gonna pardon (unleash on the public is more like it) crack dealers, murderers, terrorists, and everyone in ICE custody on you. And the hopefully disarmed retard liberals will defend him. Just watch.
    You must be a fun guy at parties.

2 Not allowed!

shit...now I hafta wipe the coffee off my screen, LOL. As Chris Farley would say, "That was awesome!"

0 Not allowed!
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by TLRMan View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add, I charge double for Kawasaki's

"My God, you're gonna have to cool me down, give me an ice block to shove in my pants or something".
    -Barbecue Lou

I don't care about your insults. Do you dispute what I said or not?

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

How do you feel about Reagan giving arms to terrorists in exchange for Americans?

Does actor>community organizer?

0 Not allowed!

I don't care about your insults. Do you dispute what I said or not?
    Sounds like a topic you should start a thread about.

0 Not allowed!

Your easy. Call you the stuttering moonbat from the poor man's cambridge. At least Iglu would come up with something that was reasonable. My work is done here.

0 Not allowed!

Your easy. Call you the stuttering moonbat from the poor man's cambridge. At least Iglu would come up with something that was reasonable. My work is done here.
    You mean "you're" don't you? Your "work" is to make angry, irrational accusations about someone you don't even know?

To answer your question: everyone knows that all U.S. Army officers are raving Liberals who served their country so that internet draft dodgers can venomously deride them.

1 Not allowed!

yeah whatever.

0 Not allowed!

Dic on

Please don't quote that guy any more. Save us from his deluded rantings please.

2 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

I am sorry. My wording was too strong for the mancunts in here. Let me reword my post.

Wasn't that wonderful of our dear leader from such a humble background to do what was best for our hero with distinguished service. I hope he gives the same consideration for our troubled youth who were picked upon by prejudiced court system and pardon them for such minor mischiefs . They just wish to do good.

0 Not allowed!

I am sorry. My wording was too strong for the mancunts in here. Let me reword my post.

Wasn't that wonderful of our dear leader from such a humble background to do what was best for our hero with distinguished service. I hope he gives the same consideration for our troubled youth who were picked upon by prejudiced court system and pardon them for such minor mischiefs . They just wish to do good.
    Hey, I have a question. Who the fuck are you?

This is about a soldier who was held prisoner by an enemy for five years: which resulted from his malfeasance, not your political ranting.

Before you go throwing around any more puerile insults, go ahead and post up your DD214.

0 Not allowed!

It is more about a leader that released 5 of America's worse enemies. These same enemies who are gonna kill some of us in the future. Who am I? That is a good question. But you shouldn't be asking me who I am. Where I came from. It is not about me. It is about someone of dubious background that you should have been asking him about where he came from. Let us see his college transcripts, etc. Why did you say this and that in your book Mr Obama? BTW you threw out the first insult. You got one back in your face. Did you expect less? This forum is labeled controversial for a reason. This is a forum for political ranting, discussion, arguments, and anything goes. I don't give a shit about parties and being disagreeable and liked in liberal circles of the beautiful people.
    Now get back to what I said. What exactly don't you agree with? Go ahead. Copy and paste it. Then pick it apart.

0 Not allowed!