Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Just say 'No'!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Just order online so you can sit home all the time.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

lol..i bet it is onna them deals that if you do not call them 10 times they will sign you up for a subscription

then even when you call they charge you and get looked into a contract....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

The magazine offer does not bother me. It's the sales people following me around trying to get me to fill out an application for a Best Buy charge card.

If I want one, I'll come find you.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

It's happened to me a few times, but then again, I only go to the Braintree store so maybe it's not all BB locations...

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Best Buy uh...it's true. Each time we go in there, we have a bee hive of annoying sale people coming at us one after the other, "Can I help you with anything??" And us to always reply "no" being a little bit more aggravated than 3 1/2 minutes ago when anoher came to us. Oh and I guess now I know where those 2 magazines come from!!! We get BOTH entertainement and sports illustrated at home, and my husband didn't subscribe to either.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Hey, why you tellin us to boycott them if your going back??? You trying to hog all the magazine subscriptions for yourself??

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

I Dance With Will

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

i bought a car stereo other day.

circuitcity "can i have your address?"

me "could you leave it blank?"

circuitcity "well.. the system would not allow"

me "well just just put anything."

"fuckit!"

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

I fukking hate when I'm in any of these places and I know what I want, but it's locked up with 3 fn padlocks, and these douce bags are helping some poor fucking fool that has no idea the difference between LCD Plasma, or projection type tuners..WTF I know what I want I know where it is, just fucking unlock the goddamn door for me....

The best one was I bought a radar and the kid was tring to upgrade me to the $400 model of the same brand I was interested in, he was like ' well it's got this and this option' Yeah but so does't the one I want, and it's $300 cheaper so tell me why I should upgrade.... He was dumbfounded and unlock the door so I could buy my radar I wanted...

i never get bothered

i'm just waiting i hope some day they think i'm steeling
    store dick puts his hands on me & he's going night night
    cause i dont steel

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Just Registered

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Originally posted by Kham

I like to ask for their card at the beginning of things, if they don't have one ask for the managers, then recall to them the store address when they ask. In doing this for many years, rarely has it actually been caught onto.
    I do typically give them a good phone # though.

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Just Registered

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Originally posted by The KING
    Oh, that reminds me, I wanted to see a bling-bling MP3 player at the Best Buy near the Solomon Pond Mall (of all places, relatively upscale community), so I asked if they could open the case, and the kid tells me, "Only if you're going to buy it..." I looked right at him, and said in an uncomfortably loud, firm, voice, "WHAT?" He clearly saw I was irritated and backpeddled with the "company policy" schpeel. Fucking retards. I swear, when we were 16 and 17 we weren't as dumb as these retards....
    try wearing clothes, it helps.

www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Re: BOYCOTT BEST BUY

This is the first time I've actually become irritated at a very in-your-face marketing style. It has actually prompted me to go see the store manager the next time I'm there.
    I used to work there, that wont accomplish much. Well except maybe get that girl a raise or promotion. The markups are razor thin on all the electronics there. They make all their dough on subscriptions, cables and credit cards.

To give you an idea they get $40 every time you can get an AOL disk out with a computer. The computers are mostly sold at cost, zero markup. On the other hand, a $10 xbox controller cable is marked up ~2000%.

The managers/supervisors push the employees to sell that stuff hardcore. Don't get mad at the sales grunts, they are just trying to keep the higher ups off there backs. The seasoned employees don't try and sell you shit tho cause negative reinforcment only works for so long.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Littering and........

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Originally posted by Kham

Strangely, if you tell them that your name is Heywood Jablowme, and you live at 6969 Rodeo Drive, 90210, they find a way for the system to allow it.....

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

When they ask fo rmy address etc...I tell them I get enough junkmail and telemarketers calling me....I dont give out that information....

As for getting the store manager involed...in my experience it always helps....esp if you look a little unstable and like you are ready to cause a scene

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

So, does this mean that at the grocery, you don't give them your name and address to get a shopper card?

I don't get that. Why do they need to know who I am for me to get the same 'sale' price as everyone else? I call bullshit!

I just make up a stupid name and address on those things.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Originally posted by Jaynnus
    So, does this mean that at the grocery, you don't give them your name and address to get a shopper card?

I don't get that. Why do they need to know who I am for me to get the same 'sale' price as everyone else? I call bullshit!

I just make up a stupid name and address on those things.
    The grocery cards need your name, address, etc because some people still insist on using this arcane thing called a "cheque".

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Originally posted by hohum
    The grocery cards need your name, address, etc because some people still insist on using this arcane thing called a "cheque".
    1) your in the USA....its a 'check'

2) I don't use those ancient things...so, they don't need to know what my eating habits are, how much I spend at that store, etc.

3) Shaws officially gives discounted or sale prices to "Mrs. Fuck Off that lives at 123 I Ain't Telling You Lane"

I think we finally found one of my pet peeves!!

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

2) I don't use those ancient things...so, they don't need to know what my eating habits are, how much I spend at that store, etc.

3) Shaws officially gives discounted or sale prices to "Mrs. Fuck Off that lives at 123 I Ain't Telling You Lane"

I think we finally found one of my pet peeves!!
    Heh, no doubt. But until people stop using cheques (sorry that ones too deeply ingrained to change) the grocery store will continue to require name and address on that basis... (even though we all know its because they want to track demographic buying patterns, etc)

All my cards are under
    Head Pooper
    Poops R' Us
    1 City Hall Plaza
    Boston, MA 02201

I get a good laugh thinkin of all the junk mail that gets routed to the statehouse

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

What's up with you today Joe...you look like one little angry brat.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

few things are funnier than someone who fucks up their "correction" of someone else's post...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

If you're one of those people that think the world doesn't revolve around the US, your MENSA membership should be revoked.
    *whoosh!*

'nother one right over yer head, Joe... that one was close, hope you've gotcher brain-bucket on!

(p.s. since your use of the grammar and syntax tend to be, uh, creative, I'm not surprised you missed it.

here's a hint: the following sentence is short one apostrophe... )

p.s. Mensa is British in origin, FWIW...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

you're in the USA....

I don't mind getting sale prices. If they wanna know what i eat, fine with me.

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

I like having fun...hell, I feel like an old lady who's not allowed to do so anymore, tho..

But my definition of having fun is not about flame wars, bitching and being hated by the others? It's about good laughs, people with a nice and fun humor, I don't know...do things I never tried before (if I only could...) what is fun for you, Joe?

i'm irritated at how "normal" some people are... no one likes to have fun anymore, no flame wars, no people bitching each other out, just simply everyday discussion.

MAKES ME SICK.

Just Registered

BOYCOTT BEST BUY

Today I was @ BB and the chick did the "which subscription would you ..." line and I just made that "unnggggnawww" face and she stopped speaking entirely, only announcing the total of the sale.

Then she asked my phone number and for some unknown reason I replied with "sure, its ......". I repeated bogus number a second time but she seemed to be wise to it. I didn't mean to start with the announcer-tv-show-host sure.. bit, but it seems to have worked. She just looked at me funny and never entered in the info. I think this method may be out of beta trials soon, I like being overly friendly to the point of suspicion rather then contortionist grim reaper with my "unnhhhggghhaahhwellll...you see jack, ..." kinda crap.

www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org