Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump American Patriot

    6 54.55%
  • Joe Friend Of China

    0 0%
  • Russia

    5 45.45%
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 323

Debates

  1. #1
    daideó Rambunctous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Waterville Valley, NH
    Posts
    6,505

    Debates ( Poll )


    Who is going to win? Will Sleepy wear a mask? Will he show up for all three? Will he take a drug test? Will CNN claim Joe won while everyone except Cambridge knows better?
    Will Trump mock Joe? Will Trump bring up Joe's criminal acts with China and Ukraine? What color tie will he wear? Will MSNBC fact-check everything and claim he lied 721 times?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 09-28-20 at 06:56 AM.
    To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

  2. #2
    Senior Member capitalcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    666

    Re: Debates

    Will you have something stupid to say about it?

    Both sides are going to claim they won.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Lifer LuvDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ashland, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,734

    Re: Debates

    No matter who wins the debate... the country loses

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

  4. #4
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,975

    Re: Debates

    we will know the winner on Nov 3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  5. #5
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,627

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    we will know the winner on Nov 3
    My money is on we don't.

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  6. #6
    Lifer golden chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    1,557

    Re: Debates

    Why do I feel like these debates aren't going to make a lick of difference. People have already chosen their poison, and the candidates are so far from appealing to the other side that nothing either can say or do will change anyone's mind.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

  7. #7
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,797

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Why do I feel like these debates aren't going to make a lick of difference. People have already chosen their poison, and the candidates are so far from appealing to the other side that nothing either can say or do will change anyone's mind.
    Exactly. It has nothing to do with policies any more. If you put a bunch of patriots and cowboys fans in a room and watch the 2 quarterbacks debate about which team is best, would any of the fans change their allegience?

    That's the point we are at.

    6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  8. #8
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,269

    Re: Debates

    The only thing the debate will do is confirm whether or not one of them will say something dumb enough to hang themselves. They'll both play it safe, pander to their supporters and regurgitate the same old rhetoric. No new punches thrown. Biden probably won't even attack Trump on his taxes other than still not officially releasing them.

    The only debate I would have been excited to see would have been Trump/Sanders. THAT would have been a heavyweight battle. Bernie would have gone absolutely fucking ape shit on Trump. No punches pulled from either side.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by OreoGaborio; 09-29-20 at 11:20 AM.
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  9. #9
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,902

    Re: Debates

    Best thing ever, no one voting in this poll.

    Also,

    Where it “bemused” and “Beet is naked”

    Also, where is Jo Jorgenson

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    daideó Rambunctous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Waterville Valley, NH
    Posts
    6,505

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Best thing ever, no one voting in this poll.

    Also,

    Where it “bemused” and “Beet is naked”

    Also, where is Jo Jorgenson
    All it means is all the "views" who didn't vote including yourself know very well who is gonna kick ass and don't wanna admit it and spoil their cheesy wokeness amongst their lefty palsies. . . Voting comes in at 181 for America and a big ZERO for China. LOL

    -1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 09-28-20 at 10:27 PM.
    To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

  11. #11
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,994

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Why do I feel like these debates aren't going to make a lick of difference. People have already chosen their poison, and the candidates are so far from appealing to the other side that nothing either can say or do will change anyone's mind.
    Far more Americans are Independent than either Democrat or Republican. And find themselves routinely having to chose between two candidates that appeal to their partisan party base, but few others.

    Why?

    https://www.hbs.edu/competitiveness/...ng-america.pdf


    “PREFACE
    Many Americans are disgusted and concerned about the dysfunction and abysmal results from Washington, D.C., and so are we. However, this paper is not about adding to the depressing national dialog about politics, but about how to change the system by taking action that will work.

    Too many people—including many pundits, political scientists, and politicians themselves—are laboring under a misimpression that our political problems are inevitable, or the result of a weakening of the parties, or due to the parties’ ideological incoherence, or because of an increasingly polarized American public. Those who focus on these reasons are looking in the wrong places. The result is that despite all the commentary and attention on politics in recent years, there is still no accepted strategy to reform the system and things keep getting worse.

    We need a new approach. Our political problems are not due to a single cause, but rather to a failure of the nature of the political competition that has been created. This is a systems problem....”

    The best reasons to go to the polls in MA are the referendum questions on ranked choice voting and automotive Right To Repair.

    MA is a “Winner Take All” State so the Commonwealth’s 11 Electoral College votes will go to Biden.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 09-29-20 at 10:11 AM.
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

  12. #12
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,902

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Far more Americans are Independent than either Democrat or Republican. And find themselves routinely having to chose between two candidates that appeal to their partisan party base, but few others.

    Why?

    https://www.hbs.edu/competitiveness/...ng-america.pdf


    “PREFACE
    Many Americans are disgusted and concerned about the dysfunction and abysmal results from Washington, D.C., and so are we. However, this paper is not about adding to the depressing national dialog about politics, but about how to change the system by taking action that will work.

    Too many people—including many pundits, political scientists, and politicians themselves—are laboring under a misimpression that our political problems are inevitable, or the result of a weakening of the parties, or due to the parties’ ideological incoherence, or because of an increasingly polarized American public. Those who focus on these reasons are looking in the wrong places. The result is that despite all the commentary and attention on politics in recent years, there is still no accepted strategy to reform the system and things keep getting worse.

    We need a new approach. Our political problems are not due to a single cause, but rather to a failure of the nature of the political competition that has been created. This is a systems problem....”

    The best reasons to go to the polls in MA are the referendum questions on ranked choice voting and automotive Right To Repair.

    MA is a “Winner Take All” State so the Commonwealth’s 11 Electoral College votes will go to Biden.
    Unless you can replace this with a YouTube video of some random dickwad ranting, it will have no effect. How dare you post words, thoughts, sentences, hell, there are even paragraphs!

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,902

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    All it means is all the "views" who didn't vote including yourself know very well who is gonna kick ass and don't wanna admit it and spoil their cheesy wokeness amongst their lefty palsies. . . Voting comes in at 181 for America and a big ZERO for China. LOL
    I have always voted, and HRC was the first time I ever voted for a democrat for President, entirely due to Trump being exactly who he has shown himself to be.

    All it means is that your drivel has cost you any ability to make a point that people will consider seriously. You did this to you, all by yourself. If we’re in the nickname game, try on MWaaaaaaaa for size as you continue to bleat.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,106

    Re: Debates

    Yawn...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  15. #15
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    5,060

    Re: Debates

    I mailed in my vote for this poll. Did you get it yet??

    11 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  16. #16
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,994

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Unless you can replace this with a YouTube video of some random dickwad ranting, it will have no effect. How dare you post words, thoughts, sentences, hell, there are even paragraphs!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

  17. #17
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,994

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    All it means is all the "views" who didn't vote // usual derisive partisan political commentary.
    Why bother. First, it’s a lousy poll, and second, you can just go to the Biden and Trump threads and count noses.

    New England is likely all Biden. There are a few battleground states that will determine the election.

    The wild card in my mind is Hispanic voters, who went strongly for Clinton last time. Covid has knocked immigration out of the headlines, Kamala Harris seems to be unpopular with Hispanic voters, and they outnumber Black voters roughly 2-1/2 to one.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

  18. #18
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,975

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Best thing ever, no one voting in this poll.

    Also,

    Where it “bemused” and “Beet is naked”

    Also, where is Jo Jorgenson
    Jorgensen will win the debate, simply cause she isn't there,

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  19. #19
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,278

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I have always voted, and HRC was the first time I ever voted for
    Make Honda Great Again!

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  20. #20
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    4,191

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Jorgensen will win the debate, simply cause she isn't there,
    I will vote for her. If you think I learned after voting for Gary Johnson twice, you would be wrong

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  21. #21
    daideó Rambunctous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Waterville Valley, NH
    Posts
    6,505

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Why bother. First, it’s a lousy poll, and second, you can just go to the Biden and Trump threads and count noses.

    New England is likely all Biden. There are a few battleground states that will determine the election.

    The wild card in my mind is Hispanic voters, who went strongly for Clinton last time. Covid has knocked immigration out of the headlines, Kamala Harris seems to be unpopular with Hispanic voters, and they outnumber Black voters roughly 2-1/2 to one.
    NH and Maine are up for grabs. The rest is going California.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

  22. #22
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,994

    Re: Debates

    From Twitter:

    Bold prediction for the debate tonight: Trump could proudly proclaim all the women he's banged and taxes he's avoided, and Biden can claim he voted against the Smoot-Hawley Tariffs of 1930 and wander off stage in the middle of a question. Nobody will alter their vote. Nobody.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

  23. #23
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,278

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    NH and Maine are up for grabs. The rest is going California.
    (YOUTUBE Propoganda)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Unless you can replace this with a YouTube video of some random dickwad ranting, it will have no effect.
    And for your prize, you win endless disappointment.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  24. #24

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    From Twitter:
    Hard facts. The only purpose the debate serves is entertainment. People decide who they will vote for months ago.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #25
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,627

    Re: Debates

    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Hard facts. The only purpose the debate serves is entertainment. People decide who they will vote for months ago.
    Truth. I expect it will be the best thing on primetime for quite a while.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •