Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump American Patriot

6 54.55%
  • Joe Friend Of China

0 0%
  • Russia

5 45.45%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Debates

Re: Debates

Becoming the minority?! Half the current supreme court has been installed by presidents elected by a minority of the population. If trumps nomination goes through we will have a majority of the court appointed this way.

The concept of Biden "court packing" is so disingenuous considering that is exactly what McConnell did in '16 by refusing to vote on Garland. We rode through the 2016 election with a 8 person court because one man elected by the people of Kentucky. You and I had no say in that. None at all.

Trump brand republicans are a shrinking minority. Bush (both H and W) and Regan era republicans are supporting Joe Biden in droves. How many times in history have we had something like the Lincoln Project? The distaste for trump even within the party is so strong that all trump has to do is tweet at the Lincoln Project and they suddenly raise another $1M to run ads against him. That is unprecedented!

If you are a republican party faithful, look again. The party isn't what it used to be.

Conversely look at Joe Biden. He isn't the extreme leftie trump makes him out to be.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Holy shit. I thought that was a real university at first. Phew.
    Heck I thought UNH was too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I'm guessing that at this point the Utube algorithm feeds them to him based on his previous viewing....
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Yes, algorithms, the greatest feeder of confirmation bias ever invented.
    This is a real thing, there are some folks that think YouTube was a primary driver of Trump's win in 2016.

Like all social media, YouTube is designed to be as addictive as possible, the more people glued to it the more money they make. They want to serve up another video as soon as the first one is done so you don't close the browser window.

Originally, the algorithm for the next video was "similar to the one they're viewing, but slightly more popular". The idea was that if the video had broader appeal, there would be a higher chance the viewer would be interested. However, this led to the so-called "Gangnam Style effect". Since Gangnam Style was the most popular video on YouTube, if you watched forever you'd eventually get to it. Along the way you'd end up seeing tons of stuff that you'd seen before and didn't care about.

So sometime around 2013-14 they changed the algorithm so the next video was "similar to the one they're viewing, but slightly more obscure". This actually made YouTube far more addictive, because people were now seeing stuff that they'd never seen before, allowing them to delve deep into their specific interests. The problem was politics, and more specifically conspiracy theories. Someone would start the evening trying to understand the details of the Whitewater scandal, and by the end of the evening they were watching videos about Hillary sprouting horns and devouring children in the middle of the night.

Because of this algorithm change, crazy conspiracy theory videos have increased viewership YouTube by some ridiculous factor, and there's legitimate concern that large numbers of people are voting based on what they're watching.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by joeswamp; 10-12-20 at 10:29 PM.
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

How about some of us conservatives search out news. Waiting for hard hitting questions from the media or investigative reporting doesn't happen in the world of NESR. Call it the Fake New Swamp effect. Enjoy a sample.

To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

NESR lefties hate my videos. They crush their belief system. "Trump Bad, Trump Racist. I put up a Black Lives Matter sign. I ain't like them". LOLOLOL I see right through you.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hypertarded

Debates-bscall-jpg...................Debates-arroganta-jpg

Debates-arrogant4-jpg...................Debates-arrogant5-jpg

Debates-arrogant3-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    NESR lefties hate my videos. They crush their belief system. "Trump Bad, Trump Racist. I put up a Black Lives Matter sign. I ain't like them". LOLOLOL I see right through you.
    This literally reads like a trump tweet.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dic on

Orange Man Bad. Never Trump. Trump Racist. Trump hates trees. But never the proof.

They two sides are flipping. Youtube took down a video from 4 years ago when Obama nominated Garland. Ginsburg was all for it. Her words. President must follow the Constitution.

I guarantee you youtube didn't take down any video of that.

"Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by joeswamp View Post
    This is a real thing, there are some folks that think YouTube was a primary driver of Trump's win in 2016.

Like all social media, YouTube is designed to be as addictive as possible, the more people glued to it the more money they make. They want to serve up another video as soon as the first one is done so you don't close the browser window.

Originally, the algorithm for the next video was "similar to the one they're viewing, but slightly more popular". The idea was that if the video had broader appeal, there would be a higher chance the viewer would be interested. However, this led to the so-called "Gangnam Style effect". Since Gangnam Style was the most popular video on YouTube, if you watched forever you'd eventually get to it. Along the way you'd end up seeing tons of stuff that you'd seen before and didn't care about.

So sometime around 2013-14 they changed the algorithm so the next video was "similar to the one they're viewing, but slightly more obscure". This actually made YouTube far more addictive, because people were now seeing stuff that they'd never seen before, allowing them to delve deep into their specific interests. The problem was politics, and more specifically conspiracy theories. Someone would start the evening trying to understand the details of the Whitewater scandal, and by the end of the evening they were watching videos about Hillary sprouting horns and devouring children in the middle of the night.

Because of this algorithm change, crazy conspiracy theory videos have increased viewership YouTube by some ridiculous factor, and there's legitimate concern that large numbers of people are voting based on what they're watching.
    And a compounding factor is the amount of content made to appear as though it's coming from some regular-joe individual but it's really propaganda from either a political org or conspiracy group.

nedirtriders.com

Propaganda. Some black guy shows a old video showing Biden hugging KKK members and celebrating his defeat of school integration. He must have used actors.

Here is some of that propaganda. He never said this. It was dubbed in. By a conspiracy group funded by a political org. What he really said was all Americans are good people and should live healthy prosperous lives.

And Trump is the divisive one.

Impartiality is the absolute key to finding truth, and moderators of the debates would NEVER chose sides!

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...t-twitter-hack

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Impartiality is the absolute key to finding truth, and moderators of the debates would NEVER chose sides!

You are destroying the Trump haters. They gonna be reduced to calling you a racist.

You are destroying the Trump haters. They gonna be reduced to calling you a racist.
    Odd, I don’t feel destroyed and I don’t think Rye is a racist! You on the other hand...

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

When a ASSWIPE can't win he resorts to the race card. I get to give out a new nickname today. Racecard7

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Odd, I don’t feel destroyed and I don’t think Rye is a racist! You on the other hand...
    Ever since those damn Yamahas have been brought to this country it's all gone to hell. Send em back where they came from!!!

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

When a ASSWIPE can't win he resorts to the race card. I get to give out a new nickname today. Racecard7
    Whatever tickles your pickle!

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

That's pretty messed up! However that's what the left does, lie and cheat. I mean at least do a good job and don't get caught like a republican. Idiots

[/IMG][/URL]

Dic on

I had to call in to work today so I had time to stay home and wring my hands over this.

And you call us snowflakes?

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I had to call in to work today so I had time to stay home and wring my hands over this.

And you call us snowflakes?
    How was The View? You catch it? Morning Joe?

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Dic on

How was The View? You catch it? Morning Joe?
    No, I was too busy whipping my back with rusty razor wire because a debate chair apparently has (shock/horror) an opinion!

I'm not sure i'll ever get over this.

Last edited by Degsy; 10-16-20 at 10:57 AM.

OXX

Trump won this one easily. Biden's team is running around this morning trying to clean up the end of oil comment by Biden. Wonder how people will get to the track to race their electric bikes? More important to dump Trump cause you don't like his not a career politician style.
    Who built those cages Joe? Poor old man needed that DNC girl to save him when Trump was crushing him.

Trump won this one easily. Biden's team is running around this morning trying to clean up the end of oil comment by Biden. Wonder how people will get to the track to race their electric bikes? More important to dump Trump cause you don't like his not a career politician style.
    Who built those cages Joe? Poor old man needed that DNC girl to save him when Trump was crushing him.
    You could have written that before the debate, because you are that deaf from having your entire head up Trump's dumper.

11 days.

Do we have a bet or not?

Dic on

Once again showing your ignorance.

No federal backing for oil producers = Oes noes, no oil!
    Defund the police = Oes noes, no police?

You know what I took away from Joe's oil comments. I took away that he told the damn truth, whether people like it or not.

Republicans are crowing about how it alienated some voters. He fucked up because he should have lied, right?

And you say Trump isn't the politician. He's a lying pathetic sack of shit and he lost the debate by a fucking mile.

11 more days. He is imploding before our eyes.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

OXX

Rambo's at Waterville.

Trump's at Waterloo.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!