Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The DNC pulls out the Big Guns!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Cher warned moveon.org clubgoers to fight Bush, before "it's too late":

"All the gay guys, all my friends, all my gay friends, you guys you have got to vote, alright? Because it would only be a matter of time before you guys would be so screwed, I cannot tell you. Because, you know, the people, like, in the very right wing of this party, of these Republicans, the very very right wing, the Jerry Falwell element, if they get any more power, you guys are going to be living in some state by yourselves. So, I hate scare tactics, but I really believe that that's true."

Actually, the underground dungeons are almost complete! Gays will soon be a thing of the past!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Oh my GAY GOD, can we cal the state ummm I don't know

Ass-a-chew-shits

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    Oh my GAY GOD, can we cal the state ummm I don't know

Ass-a-chew-shits
    Sorry but i think they are still sending them to philidelphia

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

The worst part of this is that some of her audience will follow her political advice. Another shining example of dumb people preaching to even dumber people.

Just so we're clear:Everyone has a right to say anything they want but they should have their facts straight, before speaking. Or at least, make some sense when you speak. Dumb people are everywhere...SCARY.

Who gives a shit about Cher, anyway..

LRRS#167

Littering and........

I am officially embarrased to be a part of a political party that also includes Cher.

That is all.

At leasst she's strong on defense...

You know she's strong on defense. She did a wohle video on a navy vessel!

'01 VFR 800

Originally posted by lrrs167
    Another shining example of dumb people preaching to even dumber people.
    Like when Bush speaks?

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Littering and........

Cher had an affair with Laura Bush.

Thats why she is a Democrat now - Dubya caught them in bed together, and used his magical powers to put a curse on Cher - the curse of a lifetime of shitty music.

Bet ya didn't know that.

Littering and........

Originally posted by The KING
    Dude, that ain't the only thing your party got to be embarassed about...

Dear Joe,

Thank you, that is all.

Sincerely,

Highsider.

P.S. - You're a fucker.

Bush will win. Kerry will lose and try to steal back the election through his assembled army of dirty lawyers. But, in the end, Bush will be President for another 4 years.

For those who support Kerry, I hope you know what kind of a shallow, power-hungry, callous, self-centered, lying assclown he really is. He has been caught in numerous gaffs and lies throughout this campaign and througout his entire political and military careers. He is an idiot, not fit to run a corner convenience store.

I know that the ONLY reason why those of you who support Kerry are voting for him and it is a stupid reason. Hating Bush and voting for Kerry, even though you don't really like him either is pretty foolish. But, if Kerry supporters have any real reasons other than hating Bush, let's hear it.

Yes, Bush has his shortcomings, but I choose him because he is honest and decent and I believe he will do the right thing. He makes a decision and sticks with it even in the face of adversity. He has very strong convictions, something his opponent lacks.

This is probably the most important election of our lifetime and I will choose strength in leadership versus appeasement and indecision. I choose George W. Bush.

LRRS#167

Littering and........

What's scary is how close it is. I should unequivocally be BUSH, hands down. Over time, the liberal influence has eroded America.

If Kerry wins, the U.S. will be kicked down a slippery slope for which our foundation will begin to erode at a much quicker pace. Change will only come when we push the liberal influence back into the shadows of a vast, relatively powerless, minority.

The key is to vote out the liberals wherever they may hide. From local town representatives to the Presidency, we MUST vote them out.
    Boy, you guys are right - everybody should think exactly like you.

Boy, you guys are right - everybody should think exactly like you.
    Spoken like a true liberal, right from the DNC playbook, accuse and deny rather that answer questions or propose solutions.

Does truth ever enter into the rationale of a liberal?

And, BTW Joe has a great point. Liberal Seantors and Congressmen need to be voted out wherever they may hide because they install ultra-liberal, left wing judges to positions from which there is no accountability to the people. The reason why these politicians are doing this is because they cannot get their unpopular ideas to pass in a vote by their own constituency. If that doesn't scare you, just wait and see what happens if these people regain power.

If you enjoy your freedom, vote for Bush. If you want to hand over more control of your life to the government, vote for Kerry and all the other nuts in the Democrat Party, save a select few.

BUSH/CHENEY 2004!!!!!!

LRRS#167

Spoken like a true liberal, right from the DNC playbook, accuse and deny rather that answer questions or propose solutions.

Does truth ever enter into the rationale of a liberal?

And, BTW Joe has a great point. Liberal Seantors and Congressmen need to be voted out wherever they may hide because they install ultra-liberal, left wing judges to positions from which there is no accountability to the people. The reason why these politicians are doing this is because they cannot get their unpopular ideas to pass in a vote by their own constituency. If that doesn't scare you, just wait and see what happens if these people regain power.

If you enjoy your freedom, vote for Bush. If you want to hand over more control of your life to the government, vote for Kerry and all the other nuts in the Democrat Party, save a select few.

BUSH/CHENEY 2004!!!!!!
    See you didn't do any EXPLAINING either. All you say is that you are afraid of liberal judges. You say vote out the liberals cause "I"(lrrrs) don't like em. Chris was simply characterizing Joe's statement as "I want everyone to be like me" which is EXACTLY what he wants. I don't want to see all conservatives in office, I'd rather see a balance, because the world is nuance, and not polar.

A true liberal understands that the world is not black or white, it doesn't operate on a "either you're with us or you're against us" philosophy. Bush took AWAY more freedoms in his term than any president I can remember, if you want more freedom, vote for Kerry, not Bush. If you want to see the rich get rich (and backroom s(omg the N word!!!), "trickle their wealth down"), vote for Bush. If you want to see salary of the everyday man go up and the quality of life go up, vote for Kerry. Its no coincidence that during EVERY republican presidential term that wages (as a percentage of GDP went down, and profits (as a percentage of GDP) went up. Its also no coincidence that during EVERY democratic presidential term wages (as a percentage of GDP) went up and profits as a (percentage of GDP) went down. I can back this up with numbers DIRECTLY from the Congressional Budget office if you care to see them, but the fact is that this illustrates who the parties care about. Republicans care about profits and as a result corporations over people. Democrates care about wages and as a result, people over corporations. Thats a big difference.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Wrong again, Chris. I like plenty of liberals. You and highsider are both okay in my book. It's just that your politics are all screwy.

Your argument that the Dems are for the common man is so full of holes that I will not even waste any time with it.

We again find ourselves in disagreement and as we both know it is useless to go back and forth because it does nothing but get both of us frustrated and angry. So, we can respectfully, once again, disagree.

I will, however, continue to support Bush/Cheney and convince anyone I possibly can to do the same.

LRRS#167

Littering and........

LOL...I have to agree with lrrs. We could argue about this all day long, and it would never make any of us change our minds. This is why I have decided to make up blatant lies about candidates that I dont like. It saves me the difficulty of trying to be intellegently argumentative.

I just dont like the whole "Doomsday is coming if the Democrats are in office theory". The fact is, a good mix of political philosophies and ideas is what keeps the country in the right place and maintains balance. Often, that balance doesn't fall where we like it, and thats when we try to vote in people we like. But it doesn't mean that "all liberals want to take away my rights" or "all conservatives want to go to war" or whatever. You just cant make sweeping statements like that; they simply aren't true.

Originally posted by hohum
    Its no coincidence that during EVERY republican presidential term that wages (as a percentage of GDP went down, and profits (as a percentage of GDP) went up. Its also no coincidence that during EVERY democratic presidential term wages (as a percentage of GDP) went up and profits as a (percentage of GDP) went down.
    OK, so whats the explanation for the ABSOLUTE fact above if not that Democratic candidates care more about wages than profits, and Republican candidates care more about profits than wages.

Here's the numbers, btw The blue blocks are around republican presidential terms, and the red blocks are around democratic presidential terms. What's your explanation for them?

Not gonna get angry over this one, and realized I ain't gonna change anyones mind, but not once has anyone offered me a coherent conclusion other than the one I came up with. The only presidential term in that time stretch thats republican that seemed to show a good balance of wages vs profits was Reagan (and to be honest, I wouldn't be so very unhappy with a republican president along the lines of Reagan, but W is no Reagan)

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

BUSH/CHENEY 2004!!!!!!
    Here's a perfect example of why I'm not voting for Bush. Two weekends ago, I was in NC, and my friend (let's just call him Chris) was supposed to join. Chris used to be an Army Ranger, but he's now a computer consultant with a family and kids. Hasn't been in the army in a few years. Let's just say that Chris has been involved in a few missions that were off the books, and they involved explosives.

Anyway, he calls me from the airport that Friday to say that TSA pulled him aside for questioning. He said that they looked at his iteneray and saw that he's going to NC (hint: Ft. Bragg is here), then heading back to Ohio, to fly to Washington 14 hours later. We STILL don't know where he is. He's not in police custody, and the airport referred us to Homeland Security when we called to inquire about it. They don't have to tell us shit.

This was on October 15. Today is October 25, 10 days later. We still don't know where he is. Don't underestimate the power of the Patriot Act. And don't vote for Bush!

Yup.

Littering and........

Originally posted by Cam_In_RI
    Here's a perfect example of why I'm not voting for Bush. Two weekends ago, I was in NC, and my friend (let's just call him Chris) was supposed to join. Chris used to be an Army Ranger, but he's now a computer consultant with a family and kids. Hasn't been in the army in a few years. Let's just say that Chris has been involved in a few missions that were off the books, and they involved explosives.

Anyway, he calls me from the airport that Friday to say that TSA pulled him aside for questioning. He said that they looked at his iteneray and saw that he's going to NC (hint: Ft. Bragg is here), then heading back to Ohio, to fly to Washington 14 hours later. We STILL don't know where he is. He's not in police custody, and the airport referred us to Homeland Security when we called to inquire about it. They don't have to tell us shit.

This was on October 15. Today is October 25, 10 days later. We still don't know where he is. Don't underestimate the power of the Patriot Act. And don't vote for Bush!
    A perfect example of why I'm afraid of the Patriot Act. As soon we remove due process, we open ourselves up to this sort of thing.

I hope your friend gets through this ok.

Littering and........

Sorry, but my only reply to that is how well do you REALLY know your friend? Waaaaaay too many variables in this equation.
    Dude - its his friend. He probably knows him well enough to know that he isn't a terrorist.

Littering and........

that sounds like the classical, "but he was a nice guy, a good neighbor, and PTA, supporter..." statement made when the severed heads are discovered.

Anyway, something is definitely up, that much is clear, what I'm saying is, there might be a lot more going on in the background that what even Cam might know. Maybe his name came up within some odd/obscure intel context, who knows. Point is, someone with a background like that, it's not outside the realm of possibility that there might be a perfectly good reason for it.
    Ok, I'll go along with that....but what if he is perfectly innocent? What then? He gets held with no due process for 10 days? Its - of course the bad guys dont deserve any special treatment, but once you take away due process, we live in a police state. And I think we all know how well those work.

Littering and........

obviously, it's bad if there was no good reason, but here's another concept for you: there's no such thing as 100% infallible, perfect justice. Never has been, never will be. At least, until we learn how to effectively read minds and acquire memories directly from the brain.

someone is always going to be wrongly accused, sent up the river, etc. It's only a matter of how big that pool really is.
    You are right, of course, we'll never have a perfect justice system....but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try....

At least, until we learn how to effectively read minds and acquire memories directly from the brain.

what the hell was that tom cruise movie..... oh yeah the minority report, even that wasn't perfect..............................................
    da da dummmmmmmmm

I only know what he told me. I've known him for a few years, but there very well could be more to the story than what I know.

At any rate, any ideas on how to find out what happened? I don't even know who to call.

Yup.

Littering and........

Originally posted by Cam_In_RI
    I only know what he told me. I've known him for a few years, but there very well could be more to the story than what I know.

At any rate, any ideas on how to find out what happened? I don't even know who to call.
    I'd try his family first, (obviously), and then the airport. Other than that, I think you're kinda fucked with the way the Patriot Act is written. I dont know how good of a friend he is, but it might be of some help to retain an attorney for him to try and find out what the hell happened....pieces of the Patriot Act are bing overturned every day in the Supreme Court, so a good criminal attorney might know of a way....

Good luck, I hope he gets out of it ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast