Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fucking batteries are cunts

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: Fucking batteries are cunts

Uh, its right there..

0 Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

My bad

0 Not allowed!
    07 S4RS

Quote Originally Posted by loki32687 View Post
    Not even gonna post the link?
    Here.
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...87778.html#top

0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Brand new battery in the SV last fall. Left the key in the "park" position last night at work, which leaves the tail light on apparently. Punched out at 0300 this morning to a dead battery, got a jump and got home, now the battery wont take a charge. Fuck you little battery.

0 Not allowed!

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Apparently all batteries are cunts and have it out for me.
    So it's a safe bet you don't have a deposit on a Tesla model 3

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    , now the battery wont take a charge. Fuck you little battery.
    Freakin CUNT

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    Brand new battery in the SV last fall. Left the key in the "park" position last night at work, which leaves the tail light on apparently. Punched out at 0300 this morning to a dead battery, got a jump and got home, now the battery wont take a charge. Fuck you little battery.
    I did the same to the couple years old oem Yamaha battery. Looked dead like a brick. A Jr. tender brought it back to life after 48 hours and was as good as new after that. So not all batteries are cunts.

0 Not allowed!

Batteries are like cats: you just can't trust 'me.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

I've been using AGM batteries in my old Hondas for years. They last between 5-7 years and are quite reliable. They're also reasonably priced at BatteryMart.com - The Best Value in Batteries! with free shipping. My CB1100F super sports and Interceptor all have Big Crank AGMs in them and they haven't let me down. I wouldn't waste any money on the cheap, conventional lead acid batteries. They don't last and worse, they can leak.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tomk1960 View Post
    I've been using AGM batteries in my old Hondas for years. They last between 5-7 years and are quite reliable. They're also reasonably priced at BatteryMart.com - The Best Value in Batteries! with free shipping. My CB1100F super sports and Interceptor all have Big Crank AGMs in them and they haven't let me down. I wouldn't waste any money on the cheap, conventional lead acid batteries. They don't last and worse, they can leak.
    Are they cunty, though? That's the real metric we're measuring here. Not really sure what the unit of measure is, though... Maybe RayRays? Like, "The manufacturer supplied literature claims that this model has a range of 3.5 to 5.75 RayRays of cuntiness."

1 Not allowed!

Dic on

Rayrays of cuntiness is how you measure tow truck drivers. the range starts at 1 million rayrays because they are ALL cunts.

batteries are measured in "dumbasseries" of cuntiness. For example, if you blew the battery up by using a Lithium type battery with a charging system or charger not designed for it, the battery has a dumbassery of 3 on the cuntiness scale. If you blew the battery up by jumping it from an aircraft carrier then the battery has a dumbassery of just 0.1 on the cuntiness scale.

basically, the cuntiness is almost always injected by the operator, who in the case of most broken batteries, is a cunt.

3 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Rayrays of cuntiness is how you measure tow truck drivers. the range starts at 1 million rayrays because they are ALL cunts.
    Well, I did start this thread...

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    What are you replacing them with? The Ducati is getting a Battery Tender BTL14A240C which is supposedly a bolt-in replacement for the YT12B-BS. If it works well I'll probably put the same thing in the VFR.

Can't wait until I buy a dirt bike with electric start and have even more of these cunts around
    I've been buying Big Crank lately from Battery Mart. We will see how they do i a couple years. The one in the quad lasted 6 years with minimal use.

I won't buy any more MotoBat yellow pos.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

batteries are measured in "dumbasseries" of cuntiness. For example, if you blew the battery up by using a Lithium type battery with a charging system or charger not designed for it, the battery has a dumbassery of 3 on the cuntiness scale. If you blew the battery up by jumping it from an aircraft carrier then the battery has a dumbassery of just 0.1 on the cuntiness scale.

basically, the cuntiness is almost always injected by the operator, who in the case of most broken batteries, is a cunt.

0 Not allowed!

Ya a 30 min ride is not generally enough to recharge a dead cunt... usually a trickle overnight

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke ** 2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Busa ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

What the actual fuck? I bought a shiny new lithium battery for the HyperMotard last year, and then bought a lithium-compatible Battery Tender for it, and left it connected all winter. Yet it doesn't seem to have enough juice to start the bike

Admittedly it's pretty cold today, but I left the lights on for ~5 minutes to "warm up" the battery and still no go. It cranks the motor over slowly for a second or two, then gives up in disgrace. Are you serious bro?

I think I've got an old Yuasa lead-acid battery spare from when I had the VFR. I guess I'll try that to make sure the bike actually starts. The lithium jobbie is still under warranty, so...

0 Not allowed!

I didn't realize people still bought those batteries with all the horrible reviews. I'll stick with the old faithful Yuasa battery. I usually get 5-7 years out of them.

1 Not allowed!
    Jeff

I gave up on them for bigger Bikes, went back to AGM.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

You shouldn't leave the tender on it all winter. If you're really concerned you have a parasitic draw, just undo the positive lead from the battery and let it sit. It'll be fine over the winter.

That said, don't give up on the first failed crank. If you watch Ballistic's example vid of a Harley in below freezing weather I think they ended up going through four or five partial crank attempts before it finally warmed enough to do a full start.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    You shouldn't leave the tender on it all winter. If you're really concerned you have a parasitic draw, just undo the positive lead from the battery and let it sit. It'll be fine over the winter.
    "Shouldn't leave it on" as in it's unnecessary, or as in it's bad for the battery? I leave it on as a matter of course; same with the 911.

That said, don't give up on the first failed crank. If you watch Ballistic's example vid of a Harley in below freezing weather I think they ended up going through four or five partial crank attempts before it finally warmed enough to do a full start.
    Yeah, I gave it at least that many tries. Including sitting with the running lights (no headlight) for several minutes. And it was probably 34 degrees outside, so not that cold.

0 Not allowed!

My YZ dirt bike has a battery and it doesn't actually do anything I pretty much get all my power off of the stator which runs when I have the bike running. So yeah you can pretty much forget about the battery but my limited observation is that batteries only last in a car about two two maybe three years and that's how long the warranty is so as soon as the warranty is up the manufacturers of the battery engineer the battery to fail within two to three years so that you have to buy another battery

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke ** 2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Busa ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Apparently the issue is the way Ah are calculated for LiFe batteries. So while it may have plenty of cranking power, any parasitic draw makes them go flat pretty quickly.

On our dirt bikes they work fine, no draw.

0 Not allowed!

Shouldn't leave it on as in - If you don't have a parasitic draw issue, no need for the tender. If you do, rather than use the tender for long term, disconnect the battery. Long term tender use is a bad plan.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123