Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 285 of 286 FirstFirst ... 205245265275276277278279280281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 7135

Guns...

iTrader Score

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    .32-40 most expensive...
    What do you have that's chambered in .32-40? I can't say I've ever seen one in the wild.

0 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    What do you have that's chambered in .32-40? I can't say I've ever seen one in the wild.
    Marlin Model 1893, my great grandfather gave it to me 50 years ago, he bought it new in that 1893-1894 time frame, they came in various configurations, some were black powder barrels, some smokeless, some octagonal, some round, some half octagonal, half round, .32-40 is most common caliber, .38-55 is another, and they also came in .30-30 carbines. Mine is a round smokeless 26" barrelGuns...-3240-jpg

I've seen .32-40 ammo go as high as $200 a box on gunbroker

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 11-10-17 at 04:13 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

iTrader Score

Guns...-img_1765-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

iTrader Score

Went out to the range to try the new stock and trigger. I like the magazine feeding over the internal box. It’s much easier to load. I wanted to make sure it was still zeroed with the new furniture. I didn’t have much time but I got one group out with a simple setup. I’d like a monopod to shoot with no block, and it would probably shoot tighter group on bags.
    Guns...-64205384-e3af-4315-b889-da86896b621f

Guns...-b0199b44-8878-42cc-8b70-9233bb627b52

1 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Went out to the range to try the new stock and trigger. I like the magazine feeding over the internal box. It’s much easier to load. I wanted to make sure it was still zeroed with the new furniture. I didn’t have much time but I got one group out with a simple setup. I’d like a monopod to shoot with no block, and it would probably shoot tighter group on bags.
    Guns...-64205384-e3af-4315-b889-da86896b621f

Guns...-b0199b44-8878-42cc-8b70-9233bb627b52
    Specs on rifle?

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

iTrader Score

Remington 700 SPS Tacticle in .308. That configuration has the short heavy barrel. It’s on a magpul stock with a Timney trigger and the optic is a Vortex Viper 6.5- 24 x 44

1 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FirstDuc-1098 View Post
    Attachment 48290

Picked up new toy today, CZ-USA 12ga
    couple Sunday's in a row shooting trap. Breaking in nicely.

0 Not allowed!
    Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post

I've gone a Winchester 1894 chambered in .32-40. Don't shoot it often, and load it myself when I do.

Randy, buying factory ammo for that thing is extremely wasteful, if the rifle is any more than a wall-hanger.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    I've gone a Winchester 1894 chambered in .32-40. Don't shoot it often, and load it myself when I do.

Randy, buying factory ammo for that thing is extremely wasteful, if the rifle is any more than a wall-hanger.
    funny you should mention that now, I was just going to post asking about reloading, probably start a reloading thread

I probably should just turn it into a wall hanger, sell the ammo that I have (2 boxes of John Wayne .32-40) The only way that it is practical to shoot is if I turn it into a 30-30, I can just pick up a 30-30 for less money than it would cost me to convert it

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

funny you should mention that now, I was just going to post asking about reloading, probably start a reloading thread

I probably should just turn it into a wall hanger, sell the ammo that I have (2 boxes of John Wayne .32-40) The only way that it is practical to shoot is if I turn it into a 30-30, I can just pick up a 30-30 for less money than it would cost me to convert it

Don't convert it. That would be a great way to ruin a classic rifle.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Reloading is probably the cheapest way to shoot both the .32-40 and the .45 Colt and since you are at it you may as well load for the .454 Casull.

I have a rifle in 38.55. I don't shoot it much because the ammo is expensive. There is a local gun shop that makes commercial reloads and amazingly enough he does .38-55.

0 Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
    Reloading is probably the cheapest way to shoot both the .32-40 and the .45 Colt and since you are at it you may as well load for the .454 Casull.

I have a rifle in 38.55. I don't shoot it much because the ammo is expensive. There is a local gun shop that makes commercial reloads and amazingly enough he does .38-55.
    38-55 is one of the other common calibers for the Marlin '93 ammo is much more available than .32-40

I have found .45 Colt for decent price on Ammo Liquidators, less than 50/round I got a box of 200 for $90 a few weeks ago

mostly I am interested in reloading .454, prices seem to run $1.40/ round an up, some loads as much as $3/ round

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

iTrader Score

had to run an errand in Portsmouth today...... why not hit KTP while I'm in the area, came home with this Guns...-img_2234-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

iTrader Score

Did you buy a stagecoach too?? Those are cool guns, I have a 20ga SxS.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

38-55 is one of the other common calibers for the Marlin '93 ammo is much more available than .32-40

I have found .45 Colt for decent price on Ammo Liquidators, less than 50/round I got a box of 200 for $90 a few weeks ago

mostly I am interested in reloading .454, prices seem to run $1.40/ round an up, some loads as much as $3/ round

Cassul and Long Colt can be loaded off of the same dies, if you're trying to be a budget reloader. But you'll be re-adjusting the height of each die each time you change over. I don't shoot enough of either one to justify dedicating a press to them, but I do have a die set for each, already adjusted, in their own turrets.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

makes sense, last night I was looking at loading equipment and supplies online, found plenty of bullets for .454, but no dies

should I start cheap with a Lee loader ? before investing in a more elaborate reloding system

fwiw, I have been saving my brass

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Used to know a thing or 2 eboos's Avatar
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

makes sense, last night I was looking at loading equipment and supplies online, found plenty of bullets for .454, but no dies

should I start cheap with a Lee loader ? before investing in a more elaborate reloding system

PM sent.

0 Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Only if you want to be stuck with a useless,shitty, Lee press. Then by all means... get one.

If you think you're going to stick with it, and want to quickly produce quality, consistent, ammunition, do it right the first time. Buy a nice, guaranteed for life, Dillon Progressive. You'll want a 550 at the least. Stay away from the Square Deal model. Its a budget press that you'll quickly outgrow. And when you outgrow it, you'll have to replace everything, since the Square Deal uses proprietary dies and turret heads. (plus, it won't do rifle cartridges)

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Only if you want to be stuck with a useless,shitty, Lee press. Then by all means... get one.

If you think you're going to stick with it, and want to quickly produce quality, consistent, ammunition, do it right the first time. Buy a nice, guaranteed for life, Dillon Progressive. You'll want a 550 at the least. Stay away from the Square Deal model. Its a budget press that you'll quickly outgrow. And when you outgrow it, you'll have to replace everything, since the Square Deal uses proprietary dies and turret heads. (plus, it won't do rifle cartridges)
    I really hate the Lee bashing. Lee Precision makes a decent press. Just because you can get a setup for just under $200 and a Dillon just under $600 doesn't mean the lee is crap. Lee also has a lifetime guarantee, just like Dillon. Lee also has a custom shop and you can have any die made that you want, As a matter of fact I just got an email from Lee that they are shipping my custom seating die I had them make, today. I have 3 presses set up and one is a Lee progressive press I bought around 2004. It works just as well today as it did then. I also have a dillon and an RCBS Rockchucker I use the single stage RCBS for my rifle loads and .44 magnum. The rest of my pistol loads are done on a progressive press because I don't need as much precision as I do with the rifle rounds.

0 Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I also have two Lee presses and a Dillon. The Lee presses have served me quite well. I got the Dillon because it is quicker and I shot a lot this year (USPSA and Steel Challenge). However, the Dillion is more expensive to do the same things that I could do on the Loadmaster for a fraction of the cost.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

It's not Lee bashing. They make some great products. I just don't believe that their presses rank in that category. They get the job done, and that's about the best compliment I can give them. I also understand and accept that I'm a spoiled snob. I'm running 6 Dillon presses currently. A 1050, 3-650s, and 2-550s. And I plan to make my next addition the SL900 shot shell press, since I'm still loading shot shells on the same MEC 600jr that I've been using since high school.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I'm running 6 Dillon presses currently. A 1050, 3-650s, and 2-550s.

You'll never use all that power.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post

You'll never use all that power.
    I use all that power, frequently.

I bought all of them used, with the exception of one of the 550s. That was my first Dillon press. The rest I just kept my eyes open for, on local gun forums. Seems the common move is for guys to upgrade from a 650 to a 1050, and when they do you can scoop up the 650s for a pretty good deal. Plus when someone is ready to make the jump to the 1050, you can usually rest assured that their 650 has every damn accessory available. On the 1050, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was from an estate sale and was damn near brand new. Man, that fucker is fast. It's dedicated to 9mm, since that's what I shoot the most of. I switch between my minor and major power factor load with ease, and can crank out 1000 rounds in under 2 hours, while eating a sandwich with one hand, and two fingers of the other hand shoved up my ass to the second knuckle.

2 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I use all that power, frequently.

I bought all of them used, with the exception of one of the 550s. That was my first Dillon press. The rest I just kept my eyes open for, on local gun forums. Seems the common move is for guys to upgrade from a 650 to a 1050, and when they do you can scoop up the 650s for a pretty good deal. Plus when someone is ready to make the jump to the 1050, you can usually rest assured that their 650 has every damn accessory available. On the 1050, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was from an estate sale and was damn near brand new. Man, that fucker is fast. It's dedicated to 9mm, since that's what I shoot the most of. I switch between my minor and major power factor load with ease, and can crank out 1000 rounds in under 2 hours, while eating a sandwich with one hand, and two fingers of the other hand shoved up my ass to the second knuckle.
    Need to get an auto drive. That way you can stick the whole hand up there.

I am doing the ROI course in February at Hopkinton. I know it is a bit of a hike, but do you get up to that area for matches at all?

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Need to get an auto drive. That way you can stick the whole hand up there.

I am doing the ROI course in February at Hopkinton. I know it is a bit of a hike, but do you get up to that area for matches at all?
    I haven't shot Hopkinton in a while. Probably 2 years. Do Harvard every once in a while. I'm always slightly nervous about traveling into Mass with $9000 in custom handguns, 1000 rounds of ammo, 2 dozen hi-cap mags, and only my CT pistol permit and a smile. Although, I shoot a few USPSA and Speed Steel matches in NJ, which usually makes me a lot less nervous about traveling into Mass.

Lately, I've been shooting a lot more trap and sporting clays than USPSA.

0 Not allowed!