Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Guns...

Re: Guns...

That was only illegal because the poptart was eaten into the shape of a gun and then a high capacity Pez dispenser attached.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

That case went to court and the school’s suspension was upheld. More to it than the pop tart.

Judge Upholds Suspension of the Pop-Tart Gun Kid : Reason.com

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 03-09-18 at 08:47 AM.
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    How is that even possible in a world where if you have a pop tart that vaguely resembles a gun near a school the cops show up?
    lets be fair here...the cops showed up to the school. they just didnt do anything.
    personally, i hope parents press charges on him. he deserves to be in prison for essentially contributing to the deaths of an unknown amount of students

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    lets be fair here...the cops showed up to the school. they just didnt do anything.
    personally, i hope parents press charges on him. he deserves to be in prison for essentially contributing to the deaths of an unknown amount of students
    weren't they told to stand down by a superior?...and there were 2 swat guys that were ready to go in from mirimar and they got suspended cause it wasn't their jurisdiction

0 Not allowed!
    bike: FOR SALE: 2010 Bonneville SE 1,257 miles
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Got the iTarget Pro on Monday (ships from city of Compton) and finally got it set up. Plastic Chinese assembly but not too chinsy given you never real touch it once set up. Dialing in the target was pretty simple. Laser bullet fits snugly. I bumped the slide shut rather than just let it go and ram the cartridge in.
    Iíve shot at it 100+ times at about 15í, itís fun as fuck! I run the audio (recorded gunshot from phone when target is struck) Bluetooth to my Marshall Stanmore and give it some noise (could also be used silently.
    Iím all grins, and ammo cost is going to pay for this thing tomorrow night when I get home! Def going to get the other caliber cartridges as well. Very cool tech for training your aim, stance, draw, etc.
    I just ordered one today. I got the .223/5.56 and 9mm.

0 Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
    We've had a blast with it so far. Everyone who comes over wants to try it.

0 Not allowed!

Ahhh, a free state. In Georgia right now riding around in the bed of my truck with guns. No one bats an eye at a 16 y/o with an AR and they just laugh when school walkouts in protest get mentioned. Life is so different here.

3 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

And it will continue to be, until one of those kids shoots up his/her classmates.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

No, because people here aren't the type that gets scared by media hype.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    No, because people here aren't the type that gets scared by media hype.
    Well that's just completely absurd. You have heard of Breitbart, haven't you? InfoWars? Tucker Carlson? Those people love being scared by the likes of them.

1 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    And it will continue to be, until one of those kids shoots up his/her classmates.
    As long as news agencies continue to publicize the shooters and their methods, there will continue to be copycat school shootings throughout the country. Neither MA nor GA will likely be isolated from this.

Massachusetts has the most violent crime in the Northeast, at 377 crimes Per 100,000. The South is generally a more violent region, but Georgia is only slightly worse than MA at 398. Not clear whether either is predictive of mass school shootings, nor whether those states or any others have plans to attack the root causes of either mass school shootings or violent crime in general.

Since Massachusetts passed the body of gun laws now held out as exemplary by Progressive Democrats (in 1998,) gun violence of all types in Boston has increased. While they hold out that Massachusetts has a relatively low rate of gun homicides, this was true of the region in general and Massachusetts in particular long before that legislation.

The nation had an Assault Weapon ban for many years, which had no discernible impact on crime. That’s because in general, very few crimes are committed with rifles or long guns of any type. Most crimes are committed with hand guns, but those are killing the poor and people of color disproportionately, so it doesn’t get much media coverage.

The Most Dangerous States in the United States - WorldAtlas.com

Raw data: FBI — Table 3

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 03-20-18 at 11:08 AM.
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Cat herder

Aaaaaand another school shooting this morning, in Maryland.

thoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandp rayersandthoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandprayers

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    thoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandp rayersandthoughtsandprayersandthoughtsandprayers
    and "now isn't the time to talk about guns....it's too soon"

0 Not allowed!

He used a Glock

0 Not allowed!

Weíre safe then. Glocks are already banned by our AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Aaaaaand another school shooting this morning, in Maryland.

Always a cluster of events after each widely publicized shooting. Shockingly, for-profit news agencies are not reporting how their coverage helps create more.

'Media Contagion' Is Factor in Mass Shootings, Study Says

It’s time for some “Common sense restrictions” of the 1st Amendment, prohibiting reporting of the names of mass shooters or how they were perpetrated.

2 students shot at Great Mills, Maryland, high school; gunman dies - NBC News

Nighmare scenario for Progressive Democrats.

1. Blue state with comprehensive gun laws in place.
    2. Handgun used to kill white people. Shooter below federal age limit to legally possess handgun.
    3. Armed LEO in school shoots and kills perpetrator.
    4. News organizations almost immediately name perpetrator, but no one else.

Whether he has a history of mental health issues or was on medication as yet unknown.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 03-20-18 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    We've had a blast with it so far. Everyone who comes over wants to try it.
    I was just checking those out. Pretty flipping cool!

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

2 students shot at Great Mills, Maryland, high school; gunman dies - NBC News

2. Handgun used to kill white people. Shooter below federal age limit to legally possess handgun.

Whether he has a history of mental health issues or was on medication as yet unknown.

The nightmare scenario for Americans is that it happened again.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    The nightmare scenario for Americans is that it happened again.
    It’s awful, isn’t it?

Here are the homicides in Boston last year. 43 deaths. All but 4-5 were shootings. Almost all of them young black men, every solved case thus far involving an illegally-owned gun.

2017 murders in Boston | Universal Hub

And here’s where they were clustered.

Missed the media coverage and promises from politicians to deliver better schools, more economic opportunity, better trust between law enforcement and the community. Markey’s talking about gun laws.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns...-adb387a4-d914-4670-b082-1873cd1d9b6c  

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 03-20-18 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Well that's just completely absurd. You have heard of Breitbart, haven't you? InfoWars? Tucker Carlson? Those people love being scared by the likes of them.
    Fair enough. Liberal media b.s. doesn't get to them would be more accurate.

I think you're giving Breitbart etc a little too much credit by calling them media though.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 03-21-18 at 08:45 AM.

All they can really do right now is scream "not one more" and "common sense solutions" to drum up some more fear to use as a smoke screen.

1 Not allowed!

It’s awful, isn’t it?

Here are the homicides in Boston last year. 43 deaths. All but 4-5 were shootings. Almost all of them young black men, every solved case thus far involving an illegally-owned gun.

2017 murders in Boston | Universal Hub

And here’s where they were clustered.

Missed the media coverage and promises from politicians to deliver better schools, more economic opportunity, better trust between law enforcement and the community. Markey’s talking about gun laws.
    You’re not wrong entirely. It’s a travesty all the way around.
    How many of those took place inside a school?

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Massachusetts has the most violent crime in the Northeast, at 377 crimes Per 100,000. The South is generally a more violent region, but Georgia is only slightly worse than MA at 398.
    This was a really surprising statement to me as I had always thought of Georgia being more dangerous than Mass.

Violent Crime is the combined rate of murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. If you look at the raw FBI stats, Georgia has 3.3x the murder rate of Mass, and 1.5x the robbery rate. Rape rate is about the same (Georgia slightly higher). However Mass has a 10% higher rate of aggravated assault, which overwhelms the other stats because the rate of aggravated assault is so much higher than murder, robbery, or rape.

The other thing about aggravated assault is I believe the definition can be slightly different between states. A bar fight might constitute aggravated assault in Mass, but it might just be simple assault in Georgia (or vice versa).

So while it's true that the rates of violent crime are similar between Georgia and Mass, you are significantly more likely to be murdered or robbed in Georgia.

Not clear whether either is predictive of mass school shootings, nor whether those states or any others have plans to attack the root causes of either mass school shootings or violent crime in general.
    Most school shootings (and mass shootings in general) seem more related to mental illness than other forms of crime. I think that's why they freak people out so much -- you can move away from crime ridden areas to escape gang violence, but mass shootings in the USA seem to happen anywhere.

0 Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

WTS Sig Sauer 320 .45 post trigger upgrade with paperwork, case, lock and holster $500 willing to FFL transfer to out of NH. NH Residents must have ID and CCP or be willing to have a BG check done.

1 Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt