Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 233273293303304305306307308309310311312313
Results 7,801 to 7,818 of 7818

Guns...

Re: Guns...

Ears, who's using what?

I need something with a high NRR 40db+. Im using foams plus Howard Leights and its still a rough after some time at the range

Preferably ear buds for high powered rifle. Ear muffs tend to get in the way when cheeking the stock (I have a thin face)

The generic foam plugs never stay in my ears either

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by MFChop; 10-28-18 at 05:53 PM.

I hate sticking things in my ears, I use muffs, or sometimes my chain saw hat, my new Oregon hat has the quietest muffs I've ever worn

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
    Ears, who's using what?

I need something with a high NRR 40db+. Im using foams plus Howard Leights and its still a rough after some time at the range

Preferably ear buds for high powered rifle. Ear muffs tend to get in the way when cheeking the stock (I have a thin face)

I have a set of Walker noise cancelling muffs and they are great.

0 Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

hot

0 Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Ears, who's using what?

I get bulk buds and hand them out freely. Muffs don't play nice with my cheek placement on my AR.

Though, it is nice to be able to take muffs off and on.

0 Not allowed!

I don't know where you will find 40+ rating on hearing protection. That's pretty damned high.

If you are wearing plugs and muffs and it's not enough you might not be wearing the earplugs correctly. You should be rolling them between your fingers until they are less than 1/8" then you reach behind your head with the opposite hand and pull up and back on the top of your ear. Then you insert the plugs firmly and let them expand.
    If I put in foam plugs I can barely communicate because I can't hear shit. Some of it is because of hearing loss, but if I do both all I hear is ringing. Tinnitus is a wonderful thing, not.

I have a pair of radio earmuffs and with them on and the radio playing, even at a low volume it is very difficult to hear anything through them. I stopped wearing those at our indoor range because I couldn't hear people come in when I was shooting.

Something like these.

0 Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

I have these. Highest NRR 3M makes: 30 dB.

3M Products | 3M United States

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

I don't use generic foam plugs they never stay in. I have the 2 part self moldable plugs

Amazon.com : Radians Custom Molded Earplugs, Orange : Radian Ear Mold : Sports & Outdoors

When you have nothing but .300win, .338, 6.5creed, and higher on the line day of shooting can be rough on the ears and im trying to get every bit of protection I can

I think Im going to find and ear doctor that can make better ear plugs. I know Ive seen guys at shooting expos that make them on the spot

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by MFChop; 10-30-18 at 03:46 PM.

I use Walker's Silencer Ear Buds for normal shooting. But not really enough for the loud stuff. The I throw a pair of generic ear muffs on.

0 Not allowed!
    Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Just finished my first AR build. I went with a mid length gas system, a Giesselle braided buffer spring, and a VG6 Epsilon muzzle device. The three work together to produce one smooth shooting rifle. It feels like shooting an air gun. There's no spring noise, and the slapping of the buffer weight in your shoulder is completely eliminated. It's like night and day when I shoot it back to back with my buddies mil spec carbine.

1 Not allowed!

I was wondering about that spring / buffer setup, doing a build right now

0 Not allowed!

It's actually a kit which includes the weight as well. Mil Spec weights will not fit inside the Giesselle spring because the braid makes it a slightly smaller diameter. It removes the annoying twang that I've always thought made ARs feel cheap, and it cycles even the shittiest ammo.

1 Not allowed!

Local ear doctor charges $100-200 for properly molded ear plugs, which I think I might go for

Also one reason I found when talking with an instructor I've done classes with, it appears the fitment of my muffs suck which is causing issues too. Behind my lower ear / jaw area there is absolutely no contact with the cushion and skin, especially when articulating the neck

0 Not allowed!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Local ear doctor charges $100-200 for properly molded ear plugs, which I think I might go for

Also one reason I found when talking with an instructor I've done classes with, it appears the fitment of my muffs suck which is causing issues too. Behind my lower ear / jaw area there is absolutely no contact with the cushion and skin, especially when articulating the neck
    Haven't been to a gun show in a while but I got a pair for myself molded there. He does the mold there, then it takes a couple weeks to get them and wow they are great. You won't look back after getting a pair, think they were about $80.

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F

Which buffer you go with?
    I just installed the Vltor A5 buffer kit and itís very smooth in my mid Gas

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    Which buffer you go with?
    I just installed the Vltor A5 buffer kit and itís very smooth in my mid Gas
    I used the full Giesselle Super 42 Kit which includes the spring and buffer. You have to use the Giesselle buffer (which is an H1) because the braided spring has a smaller inner diameter than mil spec. The buffer diameter is therefore reduced to fit.

I've always wondered about the Vltor A5.

0 Not allowed!

Those are the two that I have been going back an forth over however I’m doing an suppressed sbr setup so I’m not sure how it will go. With my Gen 2 UBR stock I can run either setup. I’m going to try the Super 42 to start with various ammo and see how it goes

I’ve had two shopping carts set up with midway and optics planet and it’s prety funny to watch the price changes that occur with in a single day.

0 Not allowed!

I'm finding that the buffer set up is a huge factor in how the rifle shoots. The right buffer and spring combination can make a very smooth shooting yet reliable rifle. Mil spec gets you reliability but I find the recoil pulse and spring twang make the rifle feel cheap. It's well worth investing the time and money to tune it beyond mil spec.

I just picked up a stripped upper and lower for a .308 build and I'm trying to figure out what set up I'll use for that. .308 builds are a lot tougher because the AR 10 is not standardized to the same level as the AR 15 therefore compatibility of parts is a challenge. Right now it's looking like I'll be running a flat wound spring but I still have to do more research. Either way it will be fun. I'm looking forward to the challenge of figuring it out on my own with limited resources to guide me.

0 Not allowed!