Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 322 of 322 FirstFirst ... 242282302312313314315316317318319320321322
Results 8,026 to 8,047 of 8047

Guns...

Re: Guns...

Just to clarify and make sure I don't end up in a shit situation over ignorance... I have a Walther PPQ I don't currently carry. In NH if I decided I wanted to carry concealed for whatever reason, I can just do so lawfully? That's my understanding anyway.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RyanNicholson; 08-07-19 at 06:59 AM.

Until recently you needed a permit to conceal carry in NH. Purchase and ownership was not restricted by the state in any way, only concealed carry. Now that is unregulated as well.

NH was a "shall issue" state and required to issue the permit or state why it was denied in like 7 or 10 days. In my experience getting a permit was incredibly easy. My fairly liberal, anti gun town turned applications around in less than 24 hours.

There is the standard federal background check to buy/transfer from a retailer of course as that is a federal thing.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    Just to clarify and make sure I don't end up in a shit situation over ignorance... I have a Walter PPQ I don't currently carry. In NH if I decided I wanted to carry concealed for whatever reason, I can just do so lawfully? That's my understanding anyway.
    That is my understanding as well.

I believe I heard that departments were still issuing permits. I'm not sure if that is true or not. I believe some needed it for reciprocity.

0 Not allowed!

A few "anti" laws have just passed the legislature, 3 day wait, access to medical records, etc, but Gov. Sununu has vowed to veto, a call or email to his office will encourage him to keep his word, and a promise to actively support him in 2020 as well

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    Just to clarify and make sure I don't end up in a shit situation over ignorance... I have a Walter PPQ I don't currently carry. In NH if I decided I wanted to carry concealed for whatever reason, I can just do so lawfully? That's my understanding anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Until recently you needed a permit to conceal carry in NH. Purchase and ownership was not restricted by the state in any way, only concealed carry. Now that is unregulated as well.

NH was a "shall issue" state and required to issue the permit or state why it was denied in like 7 or 10 days. In my experience getting a permit was incredibly easy. My fairly liberal, anti gun town turned applications around in less than 24 hours.

There is the standard federal background check to buy/transfer from a retailer of course as that is a federal thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    That is my understanding as well.

I believe I heard that departments were still issuing permits. I'm not sure if that is true or not. I believe some needed it for reciprocity.
    If your local chief didn't deny your application in 14 days, it was assumed you were legal to carry concealed.

Most departments will still issue permits. My suggestion would be to get one and keep it up to date. They're valid for five years.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    A few "anti" laws have just passed the legislature, 3 day wait, access to medical records, etc, but Gov. Sununu has vowed to veto, a call or email to his office will encourage him to keep his word, and a promise to actively support him in 2020 as well
    It may come as a surprise to many, but I'm ALL for a "cool down" period. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

However, the medical record check is already in play and it's a joke. My father inlaw (rest his soul) couldn't so much as buy a rifle because he was prescribed narcotics for his back & shoulder. This was a man that had a closet full (well, a huge safe full) of various firearms that he legally purchased for decades. Once he got that prescription, his paperwork started getting denied. There's GOT to be a better way.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    It may come as a surprise to many, but I'm ALL for a "cool down" period. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Are you basing this on any evidence that would support that waiting periods make any practical difference or does it just seem like a good idea?

0 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    My suggestion would be to get one and keep it up to date. They're valid for five years.
    Why? Outside of getting a non-res permit from a different state what value does it offer NH residents?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Bought 1k rounds of Federal 5.56 for like 300
    that just encouraged me to order some ammo, a 1400 round wooden crate 7.62x39, and a couple boxes of 30-30

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Lifer

Where do u buy guns in SoNH? There’s a couple places in derry I’ve seen but they seem really small which makes me assume they are overpriced. Then there’s dicks......

0 Not allowed!

Okay, how is Maine?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Where do u buy guns in SoNH? Thereís a couple places in derry Iíve seen but they seem really small which makes me assume they are overpriced. Then thereís dicks......
    Shooter's or Rileys in Hookset. Bass pro has some great sales on stuff from time to time. Go over to Merrimack to 619 DW. Stateline in Plaistow. All places I've bought stuff at.

Al's in Derry has a cult following but I've never been. I knows there's a few shops in Londonderry as well.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Okay, how is Maine?
    Maine is constitutional carry as well. There are a few restrictions and requirements if you don't have a concealed carry permit though. Carrying in Acadia and notification to law enforcement when stopped come to mind.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Maine is constitutional carry as well. There are a few restrictions and requirements if you don't have a concealed carry permit though. Carrying in Acadia and notification to law enforcement when stopped come to mind.
    Thanks, both of those make good sense.

0 Not allowed!

Where do u buy guns in SoNH? There’s a couple places in derry I’ve seen but they seem really small which makes me assume they are overpriced. Then there’s dicks......
    don't assume the small gun shops are over priced, they may have a higher sticker than the volume stores, but I have found they are more willing to move on the price, I bought my Ruger Redhawk at Coyote Creek, $150 off their sticker, actually $25 cheaper than I could get it at Kittery Trading Post

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Where do u buy guns in SoNH? Thereís a couple places in derry Iíve seen but they seem really small which makes me assume they are overpriced. Then thereís dicks......
    Do you need NEW guns? If not there are plenty of online postings of people selling used guns. Show up at StopNShop or Kohlís parking lot, inspect firearm, hand over cash and drive home. Thankfully AZ is the same. Just got a scoped .243 and very cool Russian over/under 12ga in a strip mall parking lot. $300. Freedom.

0 Not allowed!

What is the hotness for finding people for private sales in NH? In Maine I would use Uncle Henry's, but they don't have that here...

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    What is the hotness for finding people for private sales in NH? In Maine I would use Uncle Henry's, but they don't have that here...
    lot of people in NH use Uncle Henry's as well

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    lot of people in NH use Uncle Henry's as well
    Maybe it's an Upper Valley thing but I've never seen one for sale in Hanover/Lebanon/West Leb? I guess I could use it online. You know, like an animal..

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Anyone play around with 37mm?

0 Not allowed!
    07 S4RS

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Maybe it's an Upper Valley thing but I've never seen one for sale in Hanover/Lebanon/West Leb? I guess I could use it online. You know, like an animal..
    I am on the Maine side of NH, may not get as widely distributed on your side of state, fwiw, I've seen in in northern Vermont as well

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Did some shooting today with my Henry 30-30, and Raging Judge, been working on my range, clearing it out better, more angular separation between targets, reset the bench for better alignment Guns...-img_2139-jpgGuns...-img_2140-jpgGuns...-img_2143-jpgGuns...-img_2145-jpg

my stump fenceGuns...-img_2147-jpg

Guns...-img_2148-jpgGuns...-img_2150-jpgGuns...-img_2151-jpg

2 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560