Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 341 of 341 FirstFirst ... 261301321331332333334335336337338339340341
Results 8,501 to 8,508 of 8508

Guns...

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    never owned a .22, and don't see the need for one, what can you do with it besides plink, target shoot, and shoot squirrels ?
    What can you use a 12 ga for besides plink, target shoot and shoot game?

What can you use a 30-06 for besides plink, target shoot and shoot game?

What can you use a .45 pistol for besides plink, target shoot and shoot game?

What can you use a 454 revolver for besides plink, target shoot and shoot game?

You kinda answered your question with a question.

Here's another use for a .22 that you can't do with anything else. Practice cheaply.
    The fundamentals are the same and if you enjoy shooting you can go out all day for a few dollars.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Love my 10/22 LVT. Only downside is it has a tapered sporter barrel.... Doesn't fit in a regular barrel chassis and doesn't really fit flush in a bull barrel chassis. But it's all good cuz I love the birch stock.
    Change the barrel. Its only on by 2 screws. 4 if you count the 2 to remove the stock. And you can put it right back if you want to.

I had this $225 10/22 and only $1000 later it became this. It's capable of 1 minute of angle at 100 yards. I'm not most of the time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by dhuze; Yesterday at 09:38 AM.

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
    Change the barrel. Its only on by 2 screws. 4 if you count the 2 to remove the stock. And you can put it right back if you want to.

I had this $225 10/22 and only $1000 later it became this. It's capable of 1 minute of angle at 100 yards. I'm not most of the time.

Id like to build up something like that someday. It's one of those future things but I also don't know where to start considering there are so many options for the 10/22 including buying the gun itself.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Id like to build up something like that someday. It's one of those future things but I also don't know where to start considering there are so many options for the 10/22 including buying the gun itself.
    The best thing about these is you can buy one part and shoot it until you have the money for something else.
    The best thing to start with would be a barrel, but you have to either buy a stock or be prepared to relieve your original stock. They do make tapered target barrels too.

The best thing about these is you can buy one part and shoot it until you have the money for something else.
    The best thing to start with would be a barrel, but you have to either buy a stock or be prepared to relieve your original stock. They do make tapered target barrels too.
    It's also nice that you can spend short money and have a really nice upgrade without resorting to building a match grade tack driver.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Start with a standard 10/22?

James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

If you're going to build up to the $1200-ish total, I'd take a look at the Kidd stuff.
    I built one up a few years back. It shoots one small hole per mag.
    Beautiful piece of kit.

https://www.coolguyguns.com/

If you want to start off on the right foot, I’d start with the Kidd for s/a or a CZ 457, Bergara B14R or Tikka T1x for b/a.

I prefer b/a if my ultimate goal is sub MOA

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916