Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 352 of 352 FirstFirst ... 272312332342343344345346347348349350351352
Results 8,776 to 8,787 of 8787

Guns...

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    What caliber are you looking for? From your profile I take it you donít live in the Northeast?
    After nearly 30 brutal northern New England winters I headed to a warmer climate in AZ in late 2018. I was primarily looking to replace some .223 but ended up buying 1k rounds of 9mm, .22lr and .223 once I got onto Federalís website. Shipping info says 12-15 days so I wonít count these chickens just yet...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    After nearly 30 brutal northern New England winters I headed to a warmer climate in AZ in late 2018. I was primarily looking to replace some .223 but ended up buying 1k rounds of 9mm, .22lr and .223 once I got onto Federal’s website. Shipping info says 12-15 days so I won’t count these chickens just yet...
    Out of curiosity why 223 and not 5.56?

[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Out of curiosity why 223 and not 5.56?
    Thereís zero reason. I am not concerned about the pressure difference with 556. Iíve read the 1 in 9 barrel twist is best suited for 223, but Iím no expert and honestly donít really give a fuck. I can safely fire either caliber, it seems to always go bang. Thatís all I really care about.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    There’s zero reason. I am not concerned about the pressure difference with 556. I’ve read the 1 in 9 barrel twist is best suited for 223, but I’m no expert and honestly don’t really give a fuck. I can safely fire either caliber, it seems to always go bang. That’s all I really care about.
    That's why I was curious, people tend to favor 556 if they have a faster twist and run 72s+. But yeah they all go bang, happy shooting.

Cheers

[/IMG][/URL]

In Buffalo NY driving out to Colorado. Just learned about and called the CMP North Store about visiting: you have to make an appointment.

http://old.thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/north-store/

If stupidity got us into this mess, why canít it get us out?
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Online retailers are sold out too

You'd think people would have learned this a long time ago, starting in 2008, When Obama got elected ammo and guns got scarce. They came back and Hillary was a big threat and it got scarce again, and now this Covid shit. You don't stock up during a crisis you stock up BEFORE a crisis.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
    You'd think people would have learned this a long time ago, starting in 2008, When Obama got elected ammo and guns got scarce. They came back and Hillary was a big threat and it got scarce again, and now this Covid shit. You don't stock up during a crisis you stock up BEFORE a crisis.
    I'm sure the astronomical increase in newbies is a huge factor too. The biggest increase is for handguns and not super evil killy black guns as well.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/16/89160...cord-gun-sales

2012 Tiger 800 XC

I've easily cleared 10,000$ since covid came over from China. And still have enough to take a scrooge mcduck swim in ammo.

[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I'm sure the astronomical increase in newbies is a huge factor too. The biggest increase is for handguns and not super evil killy black guns as well.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/16/89160...cord-gun-sales

That's true, but my point was that you stock up well before there is an issue and when there IS an issue you won't have to worry.

And I've bought ammo as little as a month ago with no issues. Now it seems to be gone, but that's relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

And the huge uptick in gun sales also happened when Obama was elected and when Hillary was being voted on and now. It's like people need an excuse to buy guns and ammo. I never needed an excuse other than "Oh, I like that" or "well that's too cheap, I might as well own it for that".

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

That's true, but my point was that you stock up well before there is an issue and when there IS an issue you won't have to worry.

And I've bought ammo as little as a month ago with no issues. Now it seems to be gone, but that's relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

And the huge uptick in gun sales also happened when Obama was elected and when Hillary was being voted on and now. It's like people need an excuse to buy guns and ammo. I never needed an excuse other than "Oh, I like that" or "well that's too cheap, I might as well own it for that".
    Agreed, it shouldn't be surprising and people should be more prepared. I am cheap and haven't bought ammo this year other then a box or two. I did however buy a bunch when I thought prices went back to "reasonable" after each ammo run subsided some.

That said, the uptick this year just in 6 months far surpasses 2012/2013 and looks like it will still easily eclipse 2016 when Hillary was in play if it keeps up. Shit ton of newbies out there. I believe that NPR article I linked to said 40% new owners. Combine them with "panic" buying, manufacturers going flat out and supply chain issues everyone is experiencing and you have a perfect storm for a shortage again.

NICS_Firearm_Checks_-_Month_Year.pdf

2012 Tiger 800 XC

timing is everything

when things simmer down there should be lots of deals to be had on ammo and arms.

i bet most of the newbs buying up anything they can find on there credit cards and will have to sell all there new stuff in a few months when the world as we know it does not end.

jim

"Molon labe"

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    timing is everything

when things simmer down there should be lots of deals to be had on ammo and arms.

i bet most of the newbs buying up anything they can find on there credit cards and will have to sell all there new stuff in a few months when the world as we know it does not end.
    They are my best customers, buying shit they can't afford and need to sell it for half price lol.

[/IMG][/URL]