Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Give up Your Guns?

Lifer

Re: Give up Your Guns?

See another resident exercising his constitutional right to gun down strangers and kids today. Too bad these are happening so quickly that it will always be "too soon" to discuss reasonable options.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

It didn't take long for the usual suspects to show up on Facebook screaming about us having to do something while not even offering ideas on the matter.

From their diatribe, you would swear that the guns are conspiring to cause these incidents. To be safe, I spot checked one of mine and it was still in its case and hadn't loaded itself.

Give up Your Guns?-loaded-jpg

Last edited by ZX-12R; 11-14-17 at 07:15 PM.
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    See another resident exercising his constitutional right to gun down strangers and kids today. Too bad these are happening so quickly that it will always be "too soon" to discuss reasonable options.
    When you start with rhetoric like your first sentence, how can anyone expect to have a reasonable conversation with you?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    When you start with rhetoric like your first sentence, how can anyone expect to have a reasonable conversation with you?
    Do you not get all tongue in cheek commentary?
    Really, I thought that one was pretty obvious.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Perhaps I missed it. I had useless Facebook posts on my mind when that popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    this is a false equivalence and both you and 30 know that.
    and I have never advocated for getting rid of all the guns. again, you're reading what you want to read.
    If you're not for getting rid of every last firearm in the US, what is the acceptable rate of firearm related injuries or deaths per year below which you won't be asking "Is there more we can do" every time something happens?

771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    If you're not for getting rid of every last firearm in the US, what is the acceptable rate of firearm related injuries or deaths per year below which you won't be asking "Is there more we can do" every time something happens?
    I've never asked that. and i'm not a number geek, so no, I can't answer that question with a rulebook answer like you want.

- - - Updated - - -

is it impossible for you to admit we have a problem?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Toughen up snowflake. There's nothing we can do to prevent these attacks. Maybe start a new thread with an obtuse discussion on mental health or why existing gun laws aren't being enforced. If you can't accept innocents being gunned down you don't belong in this country.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    So, does the military have a method for measuring mental health upon enlistment, or during duty, that prevents a person from carrying a firearm, or even prevents that person from enlisting in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Waivers, apparently.

Seriously though, there is no mandatory evaluation upon enlistment or afterwards that I know of. So to further make my point: mental health diagnosis and treatment largely depends on a patient voluntarily seeking treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    There are all sorts of conditions that would disqualify a volunteer. In general, if they have ever been treated (drugged) or hospitalized for a mental condition they cannot serve. The evaluation has become more formal.

House Passes New Recruit Mental Health Screening | Military.com

The initial entry training is designed to put the candidate under stress and may disorient them. There are trainees who are chaptered out because they cannot adapt, and others who quit. It might be 2-4 weeks before they even touch an unloaded rifle, and a week or two more before they fire it under carefully controlled range conditions.

There are all kinds of people who cannot handle military life. Those folks generally receive an Administrative Discharge: they are not considered veterans. There are other reasons for AD, like undiagnosed physical ailments, failure to qualify in basic rifle marksmanship, or family hardship.

Bowe Bergdahl received an AD from the Coast Guard for “psychological problems.” This would normally disqualify him from any service, but he was granted a waiver to enter the Army.
    Not sure if you guys saw this story earlier this week, but umm:

Army lifts ban on cutters, mentally ill and drug abusers to meet recruiting goals | Fox News

Army lifts ban on cutters, mentally ill and drug abusers to meet recruiting goals

Facing low recruitment levels, the U.S. Army quietly lifted its ban on allowing people with a history of mental illness, self-mutilation and drug abuse to serve in the military – despite warnings from the industry about the risks involved.

The new rules green-light recruits who have bipolar disorder, depression and issues with cutting – a process in which a person takes a knife or razor to his or her own skin – along with those who bite, hit or bruise themselves intentionally.
    Kinda scary

And only thing i have to add to the gun debate is, once again, People suck, gotta deal with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    Toughen up snowflake. There's nothing we can do to prevent these attacks. Maybe start a new thread with an obtuse discussion on mental health or why existing gun laws aren't being enforced. If you can't accept innocents being gunned down you don't belong in this country.
    I get it now. Carry on!

Lifer

I get it now. Carry on!
    Yep, developing my platform for a future run for office. Calling people names, developing intractable, nonsensical and indefensible positions, and kowtowing (hopefully) to fringe elements, the AARP and the NRA.

I've never asked that. and i'm not a number geek, so no, I can't answer that question with a rulebook answer like you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll make it simple for you. The answer is n-1. That is where they will try to go. Is it impossible for you to admit that is the real goal?

You personally might not have that as goal, but is it really difficult to see that there is a large percentage of the anti gun component who want just that? They will try any and all means necessary to get there too.

That is why you get push back from the "gun nuts". It's not that we want kids dead as you constantly and callously imply, it's that we know it will never be enough for them. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that in this day and age.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

- - - Updated - - -

We've got all sorts of problems in this country. On the itemized list, sorted by priority guns doesn't make the front page. I've no use for pushing out more feel good, no impact on the issue bullshit laws that just make life harder for people who follow the rules.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I'll make it simple for you. The answer is n-1. That is where they will try to go. Is it impossible for you to admit that is the real goal?

You personally might not have that as goal, but is it really difficult to see that there is a large percentage of the anti gun component who want just that? They will try any and all means necessary to get there too.

That is why you get push back from the "gun nuts". It's not that we want kids dead as you constantly and callously imply, it's that we know it will never be enough for them. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that in this day and age.
    I am not speaking for what anyone else wants to do. Nor would I. Wtf is with the you assholes that keep putting words in my mouth? Cut the shit already.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

- - - Updated - - -

Ca you define what the problem is that you want to solve?

We can all admit there are problems but unless we're trying to solve the same one then we won't get very far.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

All this "give up yer gun" talk is not helping reduce the number of guns. There are more and more people getting them while the getting is good. I know that personally, I have gone thru my life till this year, only owning 2 guns, I made my first addition in 50 years last February, and have added 3 more in the past 3 weeks, and I'm not the only one buying more guns

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Ca you define what the problem is that you want to solve?

We can all admit there are problems but unless we're trying to solve the same one then we won't get very far.
    It’s been said we have a mass shooting problem.
    There are numbers and charts and stuff.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    We've got all sorts of problems in this country. On the itemized list, sorted by priority guns doesn't make the front page. I've no use for pushing out more feel good, no impact on the issue bullshit laws that just make life harder for people who follow the rules.
    If you don't think that that mass shootings make your list of the urgent problems we face, then I'm genuinely sad.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Yeah, the media has nothing to do with feeding fear into people. CNN depicts ARs with grenade launchers and no bumpstock while trying to explain bumpstocks, USA Today says chain saw attachments are common and now this....

Yeah nothing to see here, just outright deception. Its okay though, cause guns, err children, err schools, err something must be done! .

Last edited by e30addict; 11-14-17 at 09:02 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

It’s been said we have a mass shooting problem.
    There are numbers and charts and stuff.
    I see it as a mass murder/killing problem that needs solved. Whether it be by shooting, car/truck/plane, fire, bomb, etc.

The method isn't the issue/problem... the murder is.

Why would you focus on the method versus the act?

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Yeah, the media has nothing to do with feeding fear into people. CNN depicts ARs with grenade launchers and no bumpstock while trying to explain bumpstocks, USA Today says chain saw attachments are common and now this....

Yeah nothing to see here, just outright deception. Its okay though, cause guns, err children, err schools, err something must be done! .
    did I get cheated or a bonus, I thought I bought a 12ga pump last week, but it sure looks like the AR15 in the video

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

It's a poor man who blames his tools

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    did I get cheated or a bonus, I thought I bought a 12ga pump last week, but it sure looks like the AR15 in the video
    I guess they're showing the shotgun attachment tob the AR

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    If you don't think that that mass shootings make your list of the urgent problems we face, then I'm genuinely sad.
    def on the list but opioid abuse is higher, obesity is higher, distracted driving deaths are higher...all on the list but the media doesn't report those constantly even though they cause more deaths, cause ratings...you don't hear people screaming about those issues as loud at "mass shootings"...which is now defined as what 4 or more people being shot/injured by bullets?...i bet there are mass shootings every day in chicago but those don't get reported cause it's an everyday occurrence plus strict gun control isn't working on the criminals/gangs and these stories don't further the agenda that the media/puppet masters are force feeding people

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

back to the same old talking points again. cheers.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet