Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What the hell is up with sports players????

Littering and........

I almost never watch sports (other than racing) on TV. But lately, it seems like the only thing I see on the news is HUGE brawls breaking out - i.e., the basketball players, and today the college football teams. Brawls have always been a part of sports, but since when does everyone else have to get involved?

I think it should all be like hockey - let the two guys with a beef knock each other around until they're bored of it, then get on with the game.

0 Not allowed!

I blame that game with the killing in it that forced the columbine kids to kill people. It gave them guns, gave them hatred, and gave them a reason to kill themselves after playing it for fun. Doom! Blame Doom!

People get way to into sports. I can imagine if YOU were the one playing, but to get so involved just watching someone else have fun? Pretty sad actually....we're a country of "watchers". No wonder everyone is so fat.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

You've got that right Clayton...

It never ceases to amaze me how much people talk about sports without playing... I swear some of the people I know spend more time *talking* about sports than I spend working out, doing the bicycle racing, riding the motorcycle, etc..

I think the obsession with spectating is part of what has helped get the arrogance level in the players up to the point where they fight so much. If people stop caring the money will dry up and these guys will have to clean up their act.

If everyone got off their asses and went out and played some pick-up sports maybe they would be less likely to spend so much time & money being spectators. Playing is always more fun than watching IMO.

I think we have some motorcycle racing fans on this site but no one seems to be as obsessed with it as the average stick & ball fan. We've got lots of guys in our office who can recite the stats of half the guys in the NFL, I doubt anyone here can tell us that much info about Rossi, Hayden, whoever...

Ben

0 Not allowed!

people need a nic etall glass of chill the fuck out lately..

Seriously WTF is going on...basketbrawl, college football malee, the riot in the Vibe awards..wtf is going on

and the saddest part about it is people are defending these fuggin animals..like what they are doing is ok...

you dont fuggin act like that.....Larry Bird can go bang himself for defending those basketball players..

Running into the stands give me a break...luckily a small child was not seriously injured during all of that crap....

A fan threw a beer...boo fuggin hoo...take a look at your check account and get over it....scumbags

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by benVFR
    You've got that right Clayton...

It never ceases to amaze me how much people talk about sports without playing... I swear some of the people I know spend more time *talking* about sports than I spend working out, doing the bicycle racing, riding the motorcycle, etc..

I think the obsession with spectating is part of what has helped get the arrogance level in the players up to the point where they fight so much. If people stop caring the money will dry up and these guys will have to clean up their act.

If everyone got off their asses and went out and played some pick-up sports maybe they would be less likely to spend so much time & money being spectators. Playing is always more fun than watching IMO.

I think we have some motorcycle racing fans on this site but no one seems to be as obsessed with it as the average stick & ball fan. We've got lots of guys in our office who can recite the stats of half the guys in the NFL, I doubt anyone here can tell us that much info about Rossi, Hayden, whoever...

Ben
    right...and it is really unfair to blame the player as well...they made made these guys the monsters they are...they feel they are above everything..why because they can dunk a ball... Please most of them would be homeless if it wasnt for basket ball.... They meaning the owners and the americam people who support them...

44% of the NBA has a criminal record...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Well I guess I can't argue there. I love to talk about football but would last exactly 1 play before getting killed...very badly too.

0 Not allowed!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

All professional sports players are either rapists, drug users, murderers, or just plain assholes. I'm glad the NBA is suspending those losers for the rest of the season. If that was a real job, their asses would've been fired.

0 Not allowed!
    My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

Uh...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not all pro-sports athletes are rapists, etc.

0 Not allowed!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

I'd have to agree with you, but I'm just sick of hearing about all the trouble a lot of them get into. Take away the huge paychecks and maybe you'll get players who actually WANT to play the game.

0 Not allowed!
    My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!