Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61617181920212223242526

Hillary

Re: Hillary

I have largely ignored this story, mostly because I don’t consider her relevant anymore.
    But, the buzz is essentially that this was debunked within hours, even though sen warren got caught up in running her own mouth prematurely.
    Am I wrong (in my assumptions)?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Chippertheripper; 11-05-17 at 07:59 AM.
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I have largely ignored this story, mostly because I don’t consider her relevant anymore.
    The idea that either party (likely both parties) can be bought seems incredibly relevant to my eye.

I don't know anything about the debunkage. Would like to know more, sources, etc.

What I know is my wife started reading excerpts from it to me this morning and I found a lot of it-most especially the bit I quoted-pretty alarming. I admit that I know fairly little in this world.

0 Not allowed!

Politico and politifact each have articles that don’t necessarily support the “rigging” claim.
    Each seems to concede there was nothing illegal, and that there was probably a stretch of what’s considered ethical, to put it nicely.
    AFAIK, nobody has ever accused hrc, or anyone at that level of politics, of having sterling ethics.

To me this feels like a “nothingburger” to use that popular catchphrase, but again, I don’t consider myself FULLY informed on this, in its entirety.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Each seems to concede there was nothing illegal, and that there was probably a stretch of what’s considered ethical, to put it nicely.
    AFAIK, nobody has ever accused hrc, or anyone at that level of politics, of having sterling ethics.
    Ah, okay. Was not trying to suggest this was illegal. Conversation with the wifey this AM also turned to a comparison against the Trump campaign and the allegations being pursued on that front. My intent sharing this is not to compare or contrast against that. Conspiracy and treason are, without any doubt, worser.

But that doesn't make this not disgusting, dirty, low-down shit behavior.

I had higher expectations from the DNC. I'm disappointed. Maybe I'm just naive.
    I suspect a lot of younger people are completely disillusioned by this. I'll say it again in a moment; Hillary supporters should not be surprised. When you resort to this level of treachery.. well.

To me this feels like a “nothingburger” to use that popular catchphrase, but again, I don’t consider myself FULLY informed on this, in its entirety.
    That's where I part ways with you. This is something. It destroys trust in the DNC and 2-party political system we have. The very idea that nominations can be bought by the highest bidder just sucks. I was at a dinner party the other night with some adamant Hillary Democrats that are still in the state of "buy why, but how". Issues like this are why, how.

The red team and its leader suck ass. But apparently so does the blue team.

It just sucks.

0 Not allowed!

I thought this story was interesting in that it finally explained exactly why Hillary had so much undue power in the DNC. Basically the party was bankrupt from Obama's last election and she was able to bail it out (with lots of wall street money no doubt).

I think it's interesting because it shows how the huge financial costs of our recent elections distorts the process. Hillary was an awful candidate for this election, ran a terrible campaign, and should never have gotten as far as she did. As far as I'm concerned, she's the one most responsible for why we have Trump in office.

2 Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

Hillary-ht-png

0 Not allowed!

we certainly found our way swiftly to the bottom this last time around. I have to hope we see a rising of principled candidates this next time, instead of who has the most money, AND a way into some campaign finance correction.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Whoever or whatever was behind the community organizer in Chief did not poses sterling ethics as well...

1 Not allowed!