Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131424 ... LastLast

Hillary

Re: Hillary

ACA has really only been in effect for a year, interested in hearing how it leveled off in that time frame. Do you negotiate new costs quarterly? Maybe my increase was a standard jump, but it jumped more this past year than it has in previous years. I hope as more people have insurance that the general costs will fall for the hospitals/doctors, but a drop in costs usually mean more money in their pocket, not a lower cost for the public.

0 Not allowed!

It was not worthwhile for me to have insurance last year, as the only policies available in NH would have required that I drive 100 miles round trip to not see my regular doctor or hospital, with a high deductible that I never would have met, it was much less expensive to just pay out of pocket and gamble nothing catastrophic happened, I saved myself a years worth of premiums

this year, more policies were available, I can go to my regular doctor now, the premium is 50% higher than 2 years ago, the deductible and copays are higher. I did have $2600 deductible with 5% copay after the deductible, now, $3000 deductible with 10% copay after the deductible

don't seem more affordable to me, at least, my plan is HSA qualified and I can sock away $4450 in the HSA.

One of my employees has a plan that is allegedly low deductible with no copay yet his deductibles are higher than mine and it's not HSA qualified, but it covers his family's regular doctor once he does meet the $5k individual and $11k family deductible

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    There is as much of a chance as him running as there is that I'll run. Which is to say, 5/8ths of sweet fuck-all

0 Not allowed!

That's the problem, the right is nothing but irrational exuberance when picking candidates to get excited over. OH GOOD, ANOTHER WACKY NUTJOB WHO IS GOOD AT MAKING SNARKY COMMENTS REGARDING DEMOCRATS!

2 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    That's the problem, the right is nothing but irrational exuberance when picking candidates to get excited over. OH GOOD, ANOTHER WACKY NUTJOB WHO IS GOOD AT MAKING SNARKY COMMENTS REGARDING DEMOCRATS!
    Not to mention he's as much of a taker as any welfare queen.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

He's a real piece of work, I wouldn't want him running under my party's name.

The Trump Collection ties are pretty nice though, I have a couple.

The only two parties that can get enough donations to run are the R's and the D's. The R's have dug themselves into this hole of being rich old elitist white guys that want to help their old school mates and the D's have built themselves a nice base constituency by essentially supporting close half the population in one form or another. Until someone steps up that can be attractive to a wide range of voters and simply work off a grass roots effort, things are not going to change. You will continue to have candidates that follow the party lines and predetermined platforms. Problem is, you have to break some eggs to get through breakfast. No one wants their eggs broken, but everyone wants to eat.

1 Not allowed!

This calls for anarchy.

2 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Give it time....

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Until someone steps up that can be attractive to a wide range of voters and simply work off a grass roots effort, things are not going to change.
    Ron Paul, and maybe Rand, were/are that guy. But too many people fell for the usual fear mongering about fringe or drastic libertarian beliefs, and wrongly assumed that if elected, their beliefs would become law. E.g. Ron Paul might not believe in abortion for non-medical reasons, but too many people conveniently overlooked that he said the decision belongs with the states.

2 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Hillary-b_xs2hkuiaasmjm-jpg

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 03-11-15 at 06:42 AM.
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Hillary's real response

"We are not amused"

1 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

NEL_6269.JPG
    Hey John Ellis, don’t quit your day job

by Howie Carr on March 15, 2015 in Recent Columns
    John Ellis Bush, go home. Take your $100 million campaign kitty and slink back to your country clubs, your yachts, your gated communities, your Chambers of Commerce and your polo matches.

You are not going to be elected president. You are not even going to win the Republican nomination. And you are most certainly not going to win the New Hampshire Republican primary.

John Ellis Bush – I refuse to call him “Jeb” because that’s a good old boy’s name, and John Ellis Bush is the furthest thing in the world from a good old boy. This pampered puke has a not-so-veiled contempt for the people he’s asking to vote for him.

In New Hampshire Friday he said he has “the grown-up plan” for dealing with the crime wave of illegal aliens swarming into the U.S.

He wants to legalize them – all of them. Coming into the U.S. illegally – it’s “an act of love.”

Seriously, he said that. It’s his “core belief,” he harrumphed. Has this silver-spoon fool ever been to a hospital emergency room on a Saturday night, or an urban district court on a Monday morning? Has he ever been to a supermarket, period?

In 2011, the Center for Immigration Studies, using Census Bureau statistics, showed that 57 percent of alien households with children, including legal immigrants, are on welfare. So much for the Bush theory that we’re importing the next generation of “good help.”

The on-the-dole numbers ranged from 7 percent of immigrants from the United Kingdom living off the taxpayers all the way up to 75 percent of Mexicans and Guatemalans and 82 percent of Dominicans.

John Ellis Bush has lately been swooning in public pronouncements about the “fertility” of immigrants. He apparently hasn’t figured out that when a welfare recipient gives birth, it doesn’t represent an uptick in the GDP, it’s just another mouth to feed for all us bitter-clingers who have to work for a living.

How exactly is importing a dependent non-English-speaking underclass the “grown-up plan” to strengthen the U.S.? California was once known as “the Golden State.” Now it’s the poorest state in the Union, behind even Mississippi. So much for celebrating diversity.

Why is Bush running as a Republican? He’s not even a RINO, he’s a Democrat. He wants to follow in the footsteps of Barack Obama and continue the “fundamental transformation” of America. One, two, many Californias.

On Friday in Portsmouth Bush even mentioned the illegals being “in the shadows.” Hey, Bush, the 90’s called and they want their cliché back.

Do you know a single U.S. citizen who’s for John Ellis Bush? Besides Gov. Charlie Baker, of course. I can think of just one other – Andy Card, the former Mass. pol who’s been a faithful Bush family retainer for 35 years now. That’s it.

My radio show is carried on six New Hampshire stations. On Friday I asked anyone in the Granite State who supports John Ellis Bush to call in. Even a Rick Santorum supporter got through. But not one for John Ellis Bush. Surely a classmate of his from Phillips Andover could have made a pitch for the runt of the litter, but no.

In a recent national poll, only 42 percent of Republicans could imagine ever voting for Bush the Younger. The same poll showed that just 4 percent think he represents the values of the middle class, you know, the grown-ups who are picking up the tab, in so many ways, for Bush’s new Americans.

Gov. Scott Walker has also been in New Hampshire this weekend. He came on my show, took questions and laughed about the lies the state-run media have been spreading about him in The New York Times and elsewhere. Last week he was even falsely accused of fathering a “love child” in college, a long-debunked Wisconsin myth that a moonbat blogger recycled without even checking.

“We knew there was Walker Derangement Syndrome in Madison,” the governor said with a chuckle, “but we didn’t realize it would spread so rapidly nationwide.”

This same media that gleefully prints fiction about Walker reveres John Ellis Bush. Because they know, even if he doesn’t, that to paraphrase Harry S Truman, if you give the people a choice between a Democrat and a Democrat, they’ll vote for the Democrat every time.

John Ellis Bush will get a free ride, right up until the moment he wins the nomination. Then the gloves will come off. Think John McCain in 2008.

But the good news is, he won’t win the GOP nomination. John Ellis Bush – adios, amigo!

0 Not allowed!

California is the poorest state based on what?

Google says the GDP of California is $1.959 trillion. GDP of Mississippi is $88.550 billion. Or, put another way, $0.0885 trillion.

0 Not allowed!

I intend to vote straight democratic ticket regardless of the candidates. That's how disgusted I have become with the GOP....

0 Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    I intend to vote straight democratic ticket regardless of the candidates. That's how disgusted I have become with the GOP....
    If you are disgusted, vote for a 3rd party. Maybe Libertarian?

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    If you are disgusted, vote for a 3rd party. Maybe Libertarian?
    Yeah...maybe. But it's the old bugaboo that if a lot of people vote for a 3rd party...but not enough to win the election...you might get stuck with someone you really hate. I know...I hate that that's the way I see it too....

0 Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Hey John Ellis, don’t quit your day job

by Howie Carr on March 15, 2015 in Recent Columns

... In New Hampshire Friday he said he has “the grown-up plan” for dealing with the crime wave of illegal aliens swarming into the U.S.
    He wants to legalize them – all of them. Coming into the U.S. illegally – it’s “an act of love.” ...
    There's no chance I'd support yet another Bush, but if Jeb actually is in favor of this, it causes me to think much more favorably of him. He's got this one right. Howie, OTOH, spouts so many inaccuracies it's ridiculous. And CA's many and huge problems have very little to do with immigration (legal or illegal) -- the problems are caused mostly by terrible overgrown government, and the foolishness of packing tens of millions of people into a desert without the natural water resources to support that.

PhilB

0 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

That would make sense if the Dems were measurably better.

Yeah...maybe. But it's the old bugaboo that if a lot of people vote for a 3rd party...but not enough to win the election...you might get stuck with someone you really hate. I know...I hate that that's the way I see it too....
    We're going to get stuck with someone we really hate regardless. And we will NEVER have any chance at any better alternatives until enough people have the guts and intelligence to VOTE for better alternatives. And that's a process. You can't leap from 1% to winning in one jump; you have to take the time and do the work and exhibit the leadership to build viable better alternatives.

The R and D parties count on, and foment, everyone's fear of taking a step in a different direction, and as long as the majority of Americans continue to fall for that bullshit, we will be stuck with those two festering knobs of corruption and no other viable options.

PhilB

3 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

I realize he's not running, but...

Unelectable? He was elected to Congress 12 times.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by number9; 03-17-15 at 05:24 PM.

The two parties take turns playing good cop bad cop. The issues are just there to keep us divided. While they take it all for themselves. The only difference is the Republicans might let you hold onto your money a day extra. Fuck them all I want a new Washington run by us. Career politicians are masters at fucking you while you think they are working for you. Bringing home the bacon. Pork my ass. That is our money.

1 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    There's no chance I'd support yet another Bush, but if Jeb actually is in favor of this, it causes me to think much more favorably of him. He's got this one right. Howie, OTOH, spouts so many inaccuracies it's ridiculous. And CA's many and huge problems have very little to do with immigration (legal or illegal) -- the problems are caused mostly by terrible overgrown government, and the foolishness of packing tens of millions of people into a desert without the natural water resources to support that.

PhilB
    Screw Jeb Bush, Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like Lyndon Johnson as President - Breitbart

0 Not allowed!

CLINTON / BUSH 2016 FOR ANOTHER FAIR AND TOTALLY LEGIT ELECTION

1 Not allowed!