Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141525 ... LastLast

Hillary

Re: Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    CLINTON / BUSH 2016 FOR ANOTHER FAIR AND TOTALLY LEGIT ELECTION
    Wow. Picking between two assholes. Which one has more clingers?

1 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Get out there and vote! You have to vote! If you don't vote, your voice wont be heard! Your choice is important!*

*by choice, we mean "choosing" between people pre-selected for you, thus giving you the illusion of choice....

1 Not allowed!

Vote early, vote often!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Vote early, vote often!
    Chose this apple or this orange!

What if you want a banana?

1 Not allowed!

Chose this apple or this orange!

What if you want a banana?
    ... or bacon, or a burrito, or ...

PhilB

0 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

The burrito did not get enough signatures to be formally recognized as a legit candidate. 10 million facebook likes didn't count toward the requirements.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    The burrito did not get enough signatures to be formally recognized as a legit candidate. 10 million facebook likes didn't count toward the requirements.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBkYBp0Ntg

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by number9; 04-07-15 at 05:54 PM.

Ben Carson's strategy to defeat Hillary Clinton

"Let her talk"

Potential presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson visits Hollis voters | Politics - WMUR Home

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Wait, is being against GMO still a thing?

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Ben Carson's strategy to defeat Hillary Clinton

"Let her talk"

Potential presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson visits Hollis voters | Politics - WMUR Home
    The Democratic party's strategy to defeat Ben Carson: let him be himself

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Yeah...maybe. But it's the old bugaboo that if a lot of people vote for a 3rd party...but not enough to win the election...you might get stuck with someone you really hate. I know...I hate that that's the way I see it too....
    There's a silver lining if that played out though, perhaps the next round the third party would be taken more seriously, and given the opportunities the other candidates are given.
    Get out there and vote! You have to vote! If you don't vote, your voice wont be heard! Your choice is important!*
    *by choice, we mean "choosing" between people pre-selected for you, thus giving you the illusion of choice....
    So you're at it again, actively campaigning against doing something? What's your game plan instead? These pre-selected choices are the result of a system "we" voted for, and continue to vote for. You might as well be laughing at fat people for jogging while sitting on your ass.

I thought this was interesting. Voter turn out from 1824 to 2008. The low points seem to show up just before an economic lull.

1 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

0 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

CMON IGLU HELP THESE KIDS OUT

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 04-14-15 at 09:32 AM.
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

You won't hear any argument from me. I have as much desire for another Clinton in office as another Bush.

Rand Paul caves to the feeble minded religious wackos. Nope.

Marco Rubio thinks 50 years of failed policy towards Cuba is working and changes his mind on immigration reform after the vote because he'd rather people like his family be turned away at the border after speaking on how coming to the US was the best thing that ever happened to his family. Nope.

I see nobody worth speaking positively about in this race so far.

4 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 04-14-15 at 09:37 AM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    You won't hear any argument from me. I have as much desire for another Clinton in office as another Bush.

Marco Rubio thinks 50 years of failed policy towards Cuba is working and changes his mind on immigration reform after the vote because he'd rather people like his family be turned away at the border after speaking on how coming to the US was the best thing that ever happened to his family. Nope.

I marked my calender. I agreed with you.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 04-14-15 at 10:24 AM.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I thought this was interesting. Voter turn out from 1824 to 2008. The low points seem to show up just before an economic lull.
    Interesting is that the second lowest point was when the 19th amendment was added and women were allowed to vote. Does that say that a larger percentage of women don't vote than men?

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    Interesting is that the second lowest point was when the 19th amendment was added and women were allowed to vote. Does that say that a larger percentage of women don't vote than men?
    That might have been the case when the 19th amendment first passed, but since at least the 80s, women have consistently voted at higher rates than men.

0 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    That might have been the case when the 19th amendment first passed, but since at least the 80s, women have consistently voted at higher rates than men.
    Cause they live longer?

0 Not allowed!

Did he actually say everybody should be turned away at the border or did he say that illegals should be turned away at the border?

0 Not allowed!

He said that securing the border should be done first before any immigration reform takes place.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Cause they live longer?
    No.

0 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

He said that securing the border should be done first before any immigration reform takes place.
    I agree with that. Rewarding illegals with amnesty is fucking over those who are waiting in line. I prefer to round up the lawbreakers and send them back where they came from and streamline the process for those that are obeying the rules. I am sure hillary opposes any thing that would harm her voting base and part of that would be illegals.

0 Not allowed!

See, there you go again. Taking an argument you could of gained traction from and instead making it into some stupid spouting tirade filled with nonfactual statements.

ILLEGALS CAN'T VOTE

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Could control of the Senate in 2014 be decided by illegal votes cast by non-citizens? Some argue that incidents of voting by non-citizens are so rare as to be inconsequential, with efforts to block fraud a screen for an agenda to prevent poor and minority voters from exercising the franchise, while others define such incidents as a threat to democracy itself. Both sides depend more heavily on anecdotes than data.

In a forthcoming article in the journal Electoral Studies, we bring real data from big social science survey datasets to bear on the question of whether, to what extent, and for whom non-citizens vote in U.S. elections. Most non-citizens do not register, let alone vote. But enough do that their participation can change the outcome of close races.

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

0 Not allowed!

You forgot to mention the Canadian.

1 Not allowed!
    DanG
    - Blaise Pascal