Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Impending Russian problem

Impending Russian problem

After a week of threatening to downsize our Armed Forces and scaring the crap out of Putin by warning him that the USA might not attend the G8 summit this June our community organizer along with his swift boat clown show had this to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzFtoF0Bbak

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 03-01-14 at 08:14 AM.
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Re: Impending Russian problem

there is no love lost between Putin and Obama. Putin doesn't take Obama seriously and we have no capabilities of doing anything to intervene. I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't be interfering anyway. Isn't that why the UN was formed? We should NOT be going head to head with Russia, only really bad shit for the entire planet will result.

4 Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Putin doesn't take Obama seriously
    Does anyone anymore? That one man band shit is getting old. Is it 2017 yet?

5 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Agree. It is a local issue....
    We have no right to stick our nose in....

There is a lot of history here that our Fed Gvt seem to want to gloss over... Russia has a lot at stake in Ukraine.
    1. Crimea.... Russian Black Sea fleet... tough negotiations with Russia to get extension to stay. Ukraine said initially no to extending lease...left a bad taste... then Ukraine started inspecting every Russian truck coming through Ukraine bound for their naval base. Finally a signed agreement until something like 2050 to stay- a natural gas from Russia deal for lease extension...
    Something like 56% of Crimea is Russian heritage and speaks Russian and wants to stay connected to Russia. Other parts of Ukraine want closer connections with Western Europe.
    2 Ukraine
    Has over $60Billion debt maturing over the next 18 months with $1B due in mid 2014 alone…There is no way they can meet these commitments. Russia owns a huge part of the loans to Ukraine. The last thing is to have, Western Europe, IMF, or USA to stick their nose in…this is up to Russia-Ukraine to work out..
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/1...99G06P20131017

1 Not allowed!
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

more....
    Of the $60B debt.. $19B is direct Ukraine Gvt related (rest is commercial)
    Ukraine’s fiscal needs:
    $12.9 billion in Ukrainian bond debt due by the end of next year,
    $1.81 billion in natural gas bills owed immediately to Russia.
    Additional debt coming due in 2016 takes the bill to $19 billion.
    excludes added gas debt that will also accumulate.
    a lot of money,

0 Not allowed!
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

I blame Obama for invading Ukraine as well. In fact, I also blame him for everything else. It makes me appear to be well informed.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I blame Obama for invading Ukraine as well. In fact, I also blame him for everything else. It makes me appear to be well informed.
    I don't blame him for everything. Just the higher cost of health insurance, the lying about OBAMACARE, the Benghazi incident, the massive debt with zero to show for it, the routine spying on American citizens, the IRS targeting Tea Party members, the attack on the middle class, the vacations that are undeserved, the unchecked growth of government, the OBAMACARE website meltdown along with the cost of it, the lie about shovel ready jobs, the high cost of fuel while saying no to a new pipeline. But I am not well informed. I am working on it. EDIT: I forgot about the growth of welfare and the unsecured borders. Sorry I blame him there too.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 03-02-14 at 05:04 PM.
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Wow,

He really has been busy these last six years.

Getting this done all by himself is pretty impressive.

W needed Cheney and the Halliburton weather machine to cause global warming, and win the Iraq war.

1 Not allowed!

I blame Bush for Obamacare

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    I don't blame him for everything. Just the higher cost of health insurance, the lying about OBAMACARE, the Benghazi incident, the massive debt with zero to show for it, the routine spying on American citizens, the IRS targeting Tea Party members, the attack on the middle class, the vacations that are undeserved, the unchecked growth of government, the OBAMACARE website meltdown along with the cost of it, the lie about shovel ready jobs, the high cost of fuel while saying no to a new pipeline. But I am not well informed. I am working on it. EDIT: I forgot about the growth of welfare and the unsecured borders. Sorry I blame him there too.
    So who will you blame when the next president is in office?

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

The USA won't intervene, but what happens if an ally does? (Canada getting back at Russia for the North Pole incidents, etc.)

0 Not allowed!

So who will you blame when the next president is in office?
    Actually I am wrong to blame Obama for anything. I blame us.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Pop quiz... who passed the first bailout and the Patriot Act?

1 Not allowed!

Pop quiz answer. BUSH did.
    You do realize he's been out of office for like 6 years now right? He left when you were 18/19 years old.

0 Not allowed!

I'll let someone else destroy most all of those points you listed. I did it last time and you ignored everything.

2 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I'll let someone else destroy most all of those points you listed. I did it last time and you ignored everything.
    I'm confused as to why you seem to defend B.O.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

I defend any lack of legitimate point. Go find the last thread where Rambunctious copy and pasted 35 or so points from another website (he didn't write them) and I ripped them apart but also gave acknowledgement of valid points.

He keeps regurgitating the same crap over and over. You call him on it, offer fact based counter-points and he just goes off on another tangent instead of strengthening his position. You can't have a realistic argument with the guy.

I've said it again and again. Pick on someone for what he did/didn't do. Making up shit helps the other side. Hence why BO won a second term (that and Romney was even worse).

So yes, I'll defend Barack Obama when there is cause for the defense. I'd do the same for Bush or any other politician when there are illegitimate complaints being waged. It's called being unbiased. Stick to the legitimate points, it's just that easy.

2 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I defend any lack of legitimate point. Go find the last thread where Rambunctious copy and pasted 35 or so points from another website (he didn't write them) and I ripped them apart but also gave acknowledgement of valid points.

He keeps regurgitating the same crap over and over. You call him on it, offer fact based counter-points and he just goes off on another tangent instead of strengthening his position. You can't have a realistic argument with the guy.

I've said it again and again. Pick on someone for what he did/didn't do. Making up shit helps the other side. Hence why BO won a second term (that and Romney was even worse).

So yes, I'll defend Barack Obama when there is cause for the defense. I'd do the same for Bush or any other politician when there are illegitimate complaints being waged. It's called being unbiased. Stick to the legitimate points, it's just that easy.
    OK. Gotcha.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

This whole situation has been building over the last few months and anyone who has been watching this should have seen Russias involvement coming.

There is a pretty good selection of photos some are rather graphic.
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ead.php?236005

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco61 View Post
    Pop quiz answer. BUSH did.
    You do realize he's been out of office for like 6 years now right? He left when you were 18/19 years old.
    Just getting at the fact that someone from the infallible GOP passed an act that allowed spying on American citizens and also set the precedent for fiscal policy entering the recession....

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    Just getting at the fact that someone from the infallible GOP passed an act that allowed spying on American citizens and also set the precedent for fiscal policy entering the recession....
    Anyone who claims the GOP is infallible is laughable at best.

Oh, wait..........................

0 Not allowed!

Perhaps, but don't you think B.O. and his team further escalated these things?

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

I don't think Barack Obama sits in his office and thinks... "gosh, we should really know more about American citizens... let's go ahead and disregard their privacy."

I also think Barack has as much control over fiscal policy as Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen have over where to send our troops.

0 Not allowed!

I don't think Barack Obama sits in his office and thinks... "gosh, we should really know more about American citizens... let's go ahead and disregard their privacy."

I also think Barack has as much control over fiscal policy as Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen have over where to send our troops.
    That may be true, also. But, following your logic, one would have to assume that the Democrats have escalated the spying and continuing downward spiral of our economy.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/sen...esident-obama/

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/1...-obama-report/

The present administration certainly took the ball given to them by the Patriot Act and ran with it.

Obama warned about potential abuses when he was a Senator. Once he benefited from it his tune changed. Now that they got caught by the public they've flip flopped again.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 03-03-14 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast