Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41415161718192021222324

January 6th

Re: January 6th

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Whoever perpetrated that crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

We good now? Great.

Back to the assholes that tried to kill killed cops and elected officials on January 6.
    So blind it hurts. What do you think the 2020 protesters were doing? Kissing babies?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-unrest-acled

https://www.policemag.com/585160/mor...ests-and-riots

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Trumpers were literally trying to destroy the democracy our country was founded on. How are you this simple?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post
    So blind it hurts. What do you think the 2020 protesters were doing? Kissing babies?

I'm confused. Are you defending Jan 6th rioters or are do you want them all to serve time just like the other rioters?

Lifer

We should be abler to agree that both sets of miscreants should be prosecuted for their crimes.

Civil unrest and riots have happened in any number of cities, for any number of purposes, and they are all criminal.

How often are the rioters breaking into the seat of our national government?

We can argue all day about the lack of prosecution coming from the other protests and I’ll always come down on the side of heavy prosecution as a deterrent of future actions, but the assholes who broke into the Capitol weren’t looting a store, they were committing treason.

They’re not “equatable” or “what-about-able”

Last edited by SteveM; 01-15-22 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Trumpers were literally trying to destroy the democracy our country was founded on. How are you this simple?
    I wasn't around for the founding of the country, but I seem to remember reading something about dumping tea into Boston Harbor, I even remember reading about tarring & feathering, new times, new violence & destruction, You think our law enforcement should follow the lead of the Ohio National Guardsmen ?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I wasn't around for the founding of the country, but I seem to remember reading something about dumping tea into Boston Harbor, I even remember reading about tarring & feathering, new times, new violence & destruction, You think our law enforcement should follow the lead of the Ohio National Guardsmen ?
    You’re close Randy. So close.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    The event you’re referring to was about taxation without representation. Jan 6 was about overthrowing those we elected to represent us…

Think about it.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

January 6th-smartselect_20220115-194542_instagram-jpg

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

now retired LLRS AM #642

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    The event you’re referring to was about taxation without representation. Jan 6 was about overthrowing those we elected to represent us…

Think about it.
    yes, and what was the result, overthrowing those who governed us, there was more going on than just taxation without representation, free trade being a big one, as colonies, we could only trade with Britian, seizing property..... and on. (btw, only 40% of the population supported the revolution) Things that are again happening today, overreach by agencies like the Corps of Engineers, or Bureau of Land Management, where you don't have the presumption of innocence

yer the same age as me, can you say with a straight face, that you didn't participate in any demonstrations in late 60's/early 70's that didn't get a little out of hand ?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

If you mean demonstrating against the Vietnam War, then yes. Another false equivalence…your specialty.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    If you mean demonstrating against the Vietnam War, then yes. Another false equivalence…your specialty.
    the motive is different, the distain for the "man" is the same,

to tell you the truth, I think Trump put "organizing a demonstration that would turn to riot" on his bucket list back in the 60's and could never pull it off till now, I didn't vote for the guy, I don't trust the motives of either the Democratic Party, or Republican Party

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post

I'm confused. Are you defending Jan 6th rioters or are do you want them all to serve time just like the other rioters?
    So?

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Man this thread never fails to make one dumber for being here. Holy fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS/LRRS #83

Hypertarded

"A person that comes here and has crowds that go further than any eye can see — there's
    nobody that can see the end of this crowd," Trump told thousands of cheering supporters....

He continued: "And has cars that stretch out for 25 miles. That's not somebody that lost
    an election,
    and now because of it, our country is being destroyed."
    New explanation, TRAFFIC....

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    New explanation, TRAFFIC....
    Same nuance as the people who don't understand that local weather patterns inst the same as global climate patterns

Hypertarded

Steve Bannon claims Trump rally will prompt Arizona to decertify Biden's 2020 election victory. The vote cannot be decertified in any way.

On Saturday, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon released a new episode of his "War Room" podcast in which he claimed that the former president's rally on Saturday would serve as a precursor to the decertification of President Joe Biden's 2020 election win.

"It's the kickoff of 2022. A huge speech in front of a massive crowd by Donald J. Trump and, of course, they're all melting down about who's on stage with him. They're all people that are going to get to the decertification of the 2020 Biden electors," Bannon said......

"I want to make sure Jamie Raskin, Bennie Thompson, all you guys write this down. Take your No. 2 pencils out. We're going to decertify, I didn't say we were going to certify Trump electors, but we're going to decertify Biden electors in Arizona, in Wisconsin, in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and in the great state of Georgia," Bannon said on his podcast.

Law professors from Arizona State University told Poynter there is no legal mechanism to undo the appointment of electors or change a certification once a president has been sworn into office. Multiple GOP-led audits in the state also confirmed Biden's presidential win over Trump.

Lifer

We live in dumbfuck nation. 40% still believe The election was stolen from Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...0-poll-victory