Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Kerry and the facts AGAIN???

From my fav. sports site -

John Kerry continues to try really, really hard to be a “regular guy.” Problem is, he has a hard time telling the truth about little facts, which probably means he has a problem with the larger ones as well. For example, Kerry told ESPN.com’s Page 2, “I was 30 yards away from Billy Buckner in that famous Shea Stadium game in '86. So I've been there in the heartbreaks. And I was screaming at the television set when Grady did not pull Pedro out.”

TRUTH CHECK: Um, Kerry was actually at a honorary dinner on October 26, 1986 for the Massachusetts Latino Democratic Committee. More than 250 people--including Gov. Dukakis, US Sen. John Kerry and an array of state Cabinet members--attended the banquet at the World Trade Center in South Boston.”

REACT: Look, dingbat. If you are going to lie, make it a good one. Say that you were warming up in the bullpen, and begged John McNamara to put you in for Bob Stanley. And then after consoling Buckner after the game, you returned to your Senate duties, ensuring that absolutely no legislation of any consequence ever made it into law with your name on it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Littering and........

At least nobody DIED as a result of Kerry's "lie".

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Don't they all lie anyway...

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Originally posted by highsider

At least nobody DIED as a result of Kerry's "lie".
    lol

*snap* <<<-----sound of your knee jerking...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Littering and........

Originally posted by bigred875
    lol

Fucker. (You're kind of right.)

I should just point out that is the sole reason I am voting for Kerry - I'm sick of people dying for a war that was supposed to be for ridding a country of WMDs that weren't there.

Off my me soapbox now.

lol

lol

*whiff* <<<----- sound of sarcasm flying over reds head

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

So once the election is over, how many weeks are people going to bitch about the unfair results and how much the new president sucks before we get to new issues?

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

If he loses you will feel the wrath of about 50 people on this board.

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Originally posted by The KING
    If Bush wins, I just want to annoy Clayton and some various other individuals. If he loses, I'll probably just not log on anymore...

Another reason to vote Kerry!!

Yeah, apparentely Kerry can't even get his facts straight regarding the weapons cache that disappeared in Iraq...19 MONTHS AGO, BEFORE U.S. TROOPS ARRIVED. But, Kerry continues to make political hay out of this, knowing it is old news, and very few news organizations are stepping up and revealing the TRUTH. Media bias, anyone, hhmmm?!?!?!?

How many more lies does Kerry need to be caught in before his supporters wake the fuck up???????

And, before I have to read any more bullshit from the Bush hatas, Bush is NOT the liar that Kerry and the Dems claim he is. He is an honest, decent man with faults just like the rest of us, but a blatent liar he is NOT. The same cannot be said for the pathological lying Kerry. He is not even what I would consider to be a decent man. He will say and do absolutely ANYTHING to achieve his ultimate goal. Is this really the guy you want as President of the USA???? NOT ME.

Oh well, Kerry is gonna lose, anyway, because I have faith that many people see him as the phony he really is.

LRRS#167

Originally posted by lrrs167
    How many more lies does Kerry need to be caught in before his supporters wake the fuck up???????
    hohum highsider care to chime in

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Littering and........

hohum highsider care to chime in
    I dont know, I think lrrs might kick my ass, he seems pissed......

All I can say is that most of the things lrrs said about Kerry being a liar are the very same things I think about Bush. I think Bush made a BS case to go to war, got pissed at the UN when they saw right through it, and charged in to Iraq like a cowboy on a hunt for WMD that Hans Blix already told us weren't there. When he didn't find them, he twisted things around to make the whole thing into the "liberation of Iraq." But the Iraqis clearly didn't care all that much to be liberated - they're killing our soldiers every fucking day. And that gets ME

Is Kerry a liar? Probably. Most politicians are - thats their job, if you think about it. They have to win a popularity contest we call an election, and to do that, you have to appeal to the largest number of people possible. Politicians are douchebags, and the concept of a "career politician" makes me vomit.

So, we'll just have to see which one of us is $100 lighter next week.

BTW - I have a proposal. I am going to take all of the political BS off from my postings after November 2 - no more GW quotes, no more "Vote for the Douchebag" avatar. I propose that we all do, for at least a couple of months. What do you guys think?

All I can say is that most of the things lrrs said about Kerry being a liar are the very same things I think about Bush. I think Bush made a BS case to go to war, got pissed at the UN when they saw right through it, and charged in to Iraq like a cowboy on a hunt for WMD that Hans Blix already told us weren't there. When he didn't find them, he twisted things around to make the whole thing into the "liberation of Iraq." But the Iraqis clearly didn't care all that much to be liberated - they're killing our soldiers every fucking day. And that gets ME
    lol..really dont know why i bother anymore

but fuckit....

This crap here...is all BS spin spoon fed to you by the DNC......all half truths....

Yet you beleive this like it is written in law...and do not beleive a single word that comes out of our Presidents mouth nor the entire RNC...along with SEVERAL democrats....

And the most ironic...or hypocritc I should say...thing about all that is teh Kerry voted for the war...

And dont try to give me the line that he voted to give the president the authority to threaten war...because that is total crap...and if you honestly beleive Kerry when he says that I feel bad for you.....because that is 100% text book playing politics...

This Monday mornign quarterback shit the DNC is playing is a very dangerous game....

BTW - I have a proposal. I am going to take all of the political BS off from my postings after November 2 - no more GW quotes, no more "Vote for the Douchebag" avatar. I propose that we all do, for at least a couple of months. What do you guys think?
    So long as Bush doesn't do what I expect him to do (start another damn war) if he's reelected, sure, I'd agree The minute he starts mouthing off about invading North Korea, Iran, Syria... then all bets are off.

Politicians are liars, plain and simple. For every lie that someone points to of Kerry's I can point you to a lie of Bush's... If you deny that Bush is a liar, I can't really take you seriously. ALL politicians are liars, its their job. In this age of no substatial political control, in order to get what they think is right for the country, their consituents, their lobbyists (you pick the order of preference), they have to lie to SOMEONE (other Congressmen to get them to vote for X, Y or Z, the public to get them to go along with X, Y, or Z, etc., etc.)

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

but fuckit....

This crap here...is all BS spin spoon fed to you by the DNC......all half truths....

Yet you beleive this like it is written in law...and do not beleive a single word that comes out of our Presidents mouth nor the entire RNC...along with SEVERAL democrats....

And the most ironic...or hypocritc I should say...thing about all that is teh Kerry voted for the war...

And dont try to give me the line that he voted to give the president the authority to threaten war...because that is total crap...and if you honestly beleive Kerry when he says that I feel bad for you.....because that is 100% text book playing politics...

This Monday mornign quarterback shit the DNC is playing is a very dangerous game....
    Didja read what he said? He said he didn't believe Kerry either, they're all liars, its just a preference for what they lie about. Come on, you can't tell me you believe the president just because he is president, no questions asked? Gimme a break, its our JOB to question the job he's doing.

Littering and........

but fuckit....

And dont try to give me the line that he voted to give the president the authority to threaten war...because that is total crap...and if you honestly beleive Kerry when he says that I feel bad for you.....because that is 100% that is text book playing politics...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

You are making a large, erroneous assumption that I believe everything the DNC says. Everything I posted above was based on my own observations of the news. (And before you attack our "liberal" media, I have a couple of web sites for news that aren't located in the US).

Here's how I remember it - correct me if I'm wrong.

1. A bunch of the world's lowest form of life flies airplanes into the twin towers.

2. We declare "War on Terrorism", and head to Afghanistan in search of Osama.

3. At some point, Bush brings up the fact that Iraq still hasn't complied with that UN resolution forbidding them from having certain kinds of weapons. He takes this case to the UN, who sends Hans Blix in. Hans Blix has some trouble at first, but after a stern talking to, the Iraqis give him access enought to satisfy him.

4. Bush decides Blix is taking too long. At this point my knowledge is a bit muddy, but I know Blix didn't want to leave yet. In any case, the cavalry rides into Iraq and sticks a bayonnet up Saddam's ass.

5. We find no WMDs, so Bush starts making other excuses to cover up his colossal fuck-up.

6. We find ourselves with no Osama, no WMDs, a bevy of pissed off other nations, 1000+ dead American soldiers, countless dead Iraqis, and a big fat bill for a war that seems to have been a mistake.

Now, (and I'm seriously asking you this, not being a dick), where am I wrong?

Littering and........

Originally posted by hohum
    So long as Bush doesn't do what I expect him to do (start another damn war) if he's reelected, sure, I'd agree The minute he starts mouthing off about invading North Korea, Iran, Syria... then all bets are off.

Politicians are liars, plain and simple. For every lie that someone points to of Kerry's I can point you to a lie of Bush's... If you deny that Bush is a liar, I can't really take you seriously. ALL politicians are liars, its their job. In this age of no substatial political control, in order to get what they think is right for the country, their consituents, their lobbyists (you pick the order of preference), they have to lie to SOMEONE (other Congressmen to get them to vote for X, Y or Z, the public to get them to go along with X, Y, or Z, etc., etc.)
    werd.

Seriously, red, if you never go to another website I link to here, go check out http://www.factcheck.org/archive.html (this was the site Cheney was trying to point listeners to, to debunk some of Kerry's misleading claims). Its run by the Annenberg Public Policy center, a charitable organization with no ties to either political party.

It points out lies and distortions from both candidates, and it illustrates that they are both liars to accomplish their ends.

Seriously, if you are at all interested in politics, you'll dig it. You can find all the cold hard numbers behind Kerry's lies spelled out for ya (as well as Bush's)

Cheers,
    Chris

Lifer

I agree with the KING!

All Hail the KING!

I'm going to vote for Bush now!

I could use a break from politics after the elections, as well. I'm with you, highsider, regardless of the outcome. I will do my best to refrain from political BS for at least a month...I said, "I'll do my best". So, bear with me...

LRRS#167

Didja read what he said
    Yes I did..and all of what he said could be on a bumper sticker for the DNC...did you read it?
    And to say they are all liars is a cop out... There is difference in playing politics and flat out lieing...that seems to be the confusion...and I dont agree with either...

But to say that W went to war based on a lie...IS A LIE!!! PERIOD END OF STORY...it is left wing propaganda..if you beleive it you are a victim...

The reasons were there it is just that you and the rest of the Kool-Aid drinkers fail to see it..better yet refuse to acknowledge it..

W was given intel and with this intel he beleived that there was an imminent threat to our nation...and 2 other nations backed up out intel... As it turns out (attention monday morning quaterbacks) this was not good information...

I think the biggest problem you libs have is that W has not said I'm sorry....I got bad intell.etc..etc... I agree he shold say something but I cant really blame him because the real reason the DNC want sto hear that is for a sound bite for a new ad......

W DID NOT LIE!!!!!

and thanks hohum for linking me to a site I have bookmarked and check all the time and have for months

Why dont you check out what they have to say with another popular lie teh DNC like to spread...the link between Saddam Hussein and Al-qeda

And No i do not beleive everything the presidents says....but I do beleive the things that are backed up by proof...something the DNC does not need ...which is more and more obvious everyday...

You are making a large, erroneous assumption that I believe everything the DNC says
    No lol...if that was not true then you would not have teh same position you do

ok I guess I'll play for a minute...

3. At some point, Bush brings up the fact that Iraq still hasn't complied with that UN resolution forbidding them from having certain kinds of weapons. He takes this case to the UN, who sends Hans Blix in. Hans Blix has some trouble at first, but after a stern talking to, the Iraqis give him access enought to satisfy him.
    Ya at some point...lol... it had nothing to do with our intel stating he had WMD's...and that Britian and Russia backed up that intel....along with the resolutions he broke from day 1.... And the Blix thing..some trouble..lmao SOME...why am I the only person who remembers that shit...he was blocked for weeks ata time in some cases...the access granted may have been good according to Blix but it was not total access by any means...not to mention it was Blix and what..10 other inspector to cover a country bigger then california... Between the limited access and the the UN being the UN I dont think Blix's reports could be accurate...turns out they were...but even a broken clock is right twice a day...and do you want to gamble our national security on that...there are way too many holesin that equation for me....

5. We find no WMDs, so Bush starts making other excuses to cover up his colossal fuck-up.
    he was playing politics... I agree this is something he should have done differently.. He should have acknowldge the fact that ou rintel was wrong..etc etc etc...then gone on with the....the world is a better place crap... but he didn't ....so what.....atleast teh DNC didnt get their sound bite...

Now, (and I'm seriously asking you this, not being a dick), where am I wrong?
    The Kool-Aid spin is where you went wrong...

Our president made an exectutive decision based on the information he had at the time...and if there would be any error it would be in the behalf of national security and the protection the American Civilians. While it is tragic that out troops are dying and getting wounded....we have a volunteer military force in this country.

Now I ask you...am I wrong.....

I have no problem with people who disagree with my position...just get you facts straight....

fwiw - I will be taking my political shit down after teh election.....

Littering and........

Actually red, that was the best argument for Bush I have ever heard. Seriously. He should hire you.

The only thing I think you might be a little mistaken on is Blix's inspection. According to Blix, he was kept out of certain places for about the first two weeks. He got frustrated, and told the Iraqi officials that if they didn't knock it off, he was going to give up and let the cavalry come in to whup some ass. After that, he characterized their cooperation as totally satisfactory. It was evident to him that they didn't have any WMDs. I dont know what methodology he used, but he strikes me as a smart guy, and I trust him. And , as it turns out, he was right.

To tell you the truth, the way you put it makes me feel better about if Kerry looses the election. (It wont get me back my $100 from lrrs167, though....). It makes me feel better to have it put out like less of a big conspiracy theory, which is how I hear it from the Dems.

I cant wait for Nov 2nd. All of the anticipation and the politicians mudslinging will be over....for a while....

Actually red, that was the best argument for Bush I have ever heard. Seriously. He should hire you.

The only thing I think you might be a little mistaken on is Blix's inspection. According to Blix, he was kept out of certain places for about the first two weeks. He got frustrated, and told the Iraqi officials that if they didn't knock it off, he was going to give up and let the cavalry come in to whup some ass. After that, he characterized their cooperation as totally satisfactory. It was evident to him that they didn't have any WMDs. I dont know what methodology he used, but he strikes me as a smart guy, and I trust him. And , as it turns out, he was right.

To tell you the truth, the way you put it makes me feel better about if Kerry looses the election. (It wont get me back my $100 from lrrs167, though....). It makes me feel better to have it put out like less of a big conspiracy theory, which is how I hear it from the Dems.

I cant wait for Nov 2nd. All of the anticipation and the politicians mudslinging will be over....for a while....
    While you may be rigth about Blix...that is a lot of faith to be put into one person..espicially because he(SADDAM) could have moved teh weapons..buried them...and completely snowed Blix, the UN and the rest of the world.....

Littering and........

Originally posted by The KING

I could jump into this pit, but I'm pretty sore from 4-wheeling this past Sunday...

Pussy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast