Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    You would sound more like a grown up if you stopped crying "personal attack" every 5 minutes.
    Not crying, just making an observation. You like to attack people's credibility, but then you do things (like engage in personal attacks) which prove your own credibility to be the most questionable.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I don't care about an "outsider".

That's what people voted for in Trump, and look how much cronyism we ended up with because of it.
    I'm not so much looking for an outsider, just someone with some background who hasn't been in the spotlight in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Ah, so the thinking is BOTH Biden and Warren die in office, AOC becomes President and dirt bikes become banned.

I do not agree that is likely. Possible, sure. But anything is almost always possible.
    I think it IS very likely, over two possible terms. Biden is certain to go, if not to die, to become incompetent to manage his own affairs (much less the country's). Warren seems pretty cogent now, but as I said, she's over 70 already, and 8 years is a long time at that age. So, yes, that's my point -- if Biden picks Warren, we stand a good chance of ending up with an unlected president chosen by the DNC, which is a lousy option.

*Especially* with his fragility, Biden needs to pick a solid VP choice, because that's who we're effectively voting for for president.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    I think it IS very likely, over two possible terms. Biden is certain to go, if not to die, to become incompetent to manage his own affairs (much less the country's). Warren seems pretty cogent now, but as I said, she's over 70 already, and 8 years is a long time at that age. So, yes, that's my point -- if Biden picks Warren, we stand a good chance of ending up with an unlected president chosen by the DNC, which is a lousy option.

*Especially* with his fragility, Biden needs to pick a solid VP choice, because that's who we're effectively voting for for president.

PhilB
    I’m paying more attention to VP than I have in many years, for exactly these reasons. I think Biden will be tempted to “reach” in this regard, but I’d prefer a more centrist choice. I’m hoping he chooses Klobuchar. I think she’s ready if something happens to Biden and I think a lot of the other names being thrown about give wavering Trumpists too many reasons not to abandon him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

https://www.naacp.org/latest/naacp-s...ent-joe-biden/

Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP, made the following statement about a remark by former Vice President Joe Biden during his Friday morning interview on “The Breakfast Club.”

“Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP’s endorsement. We want to clarify that the NAACP is a non-partisan organization and does not endorse candidates for political office at any level.

Dic on

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    Not crying, just making an observation. You like to attack people's credibility, but then you do things (like engage in personal attacks) which prove your own credibility to be the most questionable.

whatever, I'm done calling you out.

"Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Biden needs Stacey Abrams, that would be a slam dunk and pisses off the maximum number of deplorables.

I know very little about her. But people I like like her. So .. yeah. Doeit. Got my support.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Swole lips, busted hips.
    I can help you with your drinking problem.

To anger a conservative tell him a lie. To anger a leftist tell him the truth.

I was at a neighbordhood cookout last night and the topic of Biden came up. It was pretty interesting to hear all of the perspectives. Based on what I heard he'd be wise to pick a young running mate. The age factor was a big topic in the conversation.

I think this election is going to be an easy win for the democrats but I think Biden should still play it on the safe side.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BSR6; 05-28-20 at 11:15 AM.