Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 506

Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

  1. #451
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.


    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Doctors are severely punished for malpractice and they are also not given chainsaws to remove a mole.
    .
    not a good analogy, doctors are not given their tools, they choose them, hell, I'll bet that Sarah Palin doesn't even use a chainsaw to quarter a moose, unless she's poaching it and wants to make quick work

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  2. #452
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,717

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    Who says police don't get punished...
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...se/2214279002/
    O
    M
    G

    We are so screwed.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #453
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,515

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    “You can’t flush a floater” is apparently true.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  4. #454
    Lifer jasnmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chichester, NH
    Posts
    4,240

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    And for the 'just comply' crowd...


    Maybe not perfect, but pretty compliant, I mean until he was attacked from behind and body slammed.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #455
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    All of these professions provide individuals with the power to ruin innocent people's lives. Malpractice kills and severely injures people all the time. Lawyers send innocent people to jail because they are more obsessed with winning cases than justice.
    Neither of the professions you’ve listed directly employ force, and at times lethal force, as a fundamental aspect of the job. Yours is a terrible take.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  6. #456
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Biden reminds me of this


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  7. #457
    Lifer PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pittsfield, NH
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Biden reminds me of this

    lol. No, a pink woody Edsel wagon rocks, and is ineffably cool, in just the sort of way that Biden is not. I would totally enjoy that car.

    PhilB

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

  8. #458
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Edsels look like an Oldsmobile sucking lemons, I had a neighbor growing up that drove Edsels, another that drove DeSotos, I liked the 392 hemi better

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  9. #459
    Lifer PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pittsfield, NH
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Edsels look like an Oldsmobile sucking lemons, I had a neighbor growing up that drove Edsels, another that drove DeSotos, I liked the 392 hemi better
    Yeah, overall, the Edsel was a mediocre car even for that time, and ugly, too. But a pink woody wagon Edsel -- that's like a movie that's SO bad that it's good.

    PhilB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

  10. #460
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Yeah, overall, the Edsel was a mediocre car even for that time, and ugly, too. But a pink woody wagon Edsel -- that's like a movie that's SO bad that it's good.

    PhilB
    we didn't have anything fancy, 6 cyl. powerglide
    Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.-180885_front_3-4_web-jpg

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  11. #461
    Lifer BSR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Doctors are severely punished for malpractice and they are also not given chainsaws to remove a mole.

    Since when was it a lawyers job to dispense justice? I'm trying to be a good boy, but you arent helping when you make statements like that. A lawyers job is to do the very best they can so their client has a fair trial. That has nothing to do with justice. Ironically enough, when lawyers DO get innocent people put in jail and guilty people free, it's almost always our old friends the police who have fucked up. Don't worry though, they can just buy some more tanks and mortar rockets to protect us with.
    So you're saying that there are no corrupt lawyers and that the legal system is 100% effective?

    My overall point is that there are corrupt people in the world who do harm and no profession is immune. While there may be measures in place to mitigate this reality, they will never be 100% effective. I'm not saying it's a lawyer's job to dispense justice. I'm aware that lawyers are supposed to ensure a fair trial by leveraging the facts on each side of the case. The fact is, there are some who are well versed in exploiting the faults of the process and this doesn't lead to a fair trial.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #462
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,442

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    So you're saying that there are no corrupt lawyers and that the legal system is 100% effective?

    My overall point is that there are corrupt people in the world who do harm and no profession is immune. While there may be measures in place to mitigate this reality, they will never be 100% effective. I'm not saying it's a lawyer's job to dispense justice. I'm aware that lawyers are supposed to ensure a fair trial by leveraging the facts on each side of the case. The fact is, there are some who are well versed in exploiting the faults of the process and this doesn't lead to a fair trial.
    Strawman.

    I never said that.

    So you're saying that because there are some shitty lawyers out there that justified the police having tanks, because that IS what you are saying.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  13. #463
    Lifer BSR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wow.
    You are still saying that defunding the police is punishment for bad cops. Sorry, that shows a lack of understanding of the subject. It is absolutely not about punishing bad cops.

    "Defunding the entire department" once again shows that you haven't a grasp of the subject. Sorry, I don't know how to put it any more gently than that.

    The "it generates hate" argument really kind of disgusts me. If your company makes a decision and you hate it so you go out and deliberately damage your customers, would that be a reasonable response? If cops don't like it, they can fuck off and find a job they can actually do. A cop who is that close to the edge shouldnt be a cop.

    Defunding the police is about taking away the extreme military gear and $125,000 cruisers and putting that money back into the education system and better training for police. This is the only developed country in the world that doesn't require years of training to be a cop.
    Not everyone is pitching it this way. I don't see taking funds from extreme military gear and redirecting it towards educating cops as "defunding" them. They still have the money, their just allocating it differently. That I am fine with but not everything I've read explains it this way. Much of what I've read explained it as taking money away from the department as a whole.

    I think the reality is the concept is still taking shape and there are various approaches emerging.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #464
    Lifer BSR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Strawman.

    I never said that.

    So you're saying that because there are some shitty lawyers out there that justified the police having tanks, because that IS what you are saying.
    Wasn't accusing you of saying that. I was just seeking clarification.

    And no I'm not saying shitty lawyers justify the police having tanks. If you put as much effort into understanding as you do into forcing your interpretation here, things might make a little more sense.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #465
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,442

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    So you're saying that there are no corrupt lawyers and that the legal system is 100% effective?
    ^^^^ THAT is EXACTLY the dictionary definition of a straw man argument. You KNOW that is not what I meant.


    If you CHOOSE to take the extreme (wrong) version of "defund the police" that is touted by some, there's nothing I can do about that. If you want to believe a version that is so out of the realm of believable scenarios as to be dismissed by most as irrelavent, then that's your choice. I won't subscribe to debating it with you. My time is way more valuable than that.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  16. #466
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,442

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post

    And no I'm not saying shitty lawyers justify the police having tanks.
    You touted doctors and lawyers as doing damage to their clients as a justification against what I clarified as my interpretation of what "defunding the police" means. You constantly make statements, then 2 days later deny making them and try to call me out for "forcing my interpretation". I am literally quoting you.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  17. #467
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,305

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    A bit on/off topic but you all should check out "shoot don't shoot scenarios" on YouTube

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  18. #468
    Lifer BSR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    A bit on/off topic but you all should check out "shoot don't shoot scenarios" on YouTube
    If you're talking about trainng videos for police then yes I second this. It really opens your eyes to what cops have to deal with.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #469
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,305

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    If you're talking about trainng videos for police then yes I second this. It really opens your eyes to what cops have to deal with.
    Yes sir I was

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  20. #470
    Senior Member jimmycapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NW CT
    Posts
    638

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    People aren’t protesting that police have an easy job. They’re protesting this shit. If cops want to continue working 20 years,making decent money, and retiring with 6 figure annual pensions, then they need to stop covering for these assholes.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_name=iossmf

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #471
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,305

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    People aren’t protesting that police have an easy job. They’re protesting this shit. If cops want to continue working 20 years,making decent money, and retiring with 6 figure annual pensions, then they need to stop covering for these assholes.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_name=iossmf
    I don't have an issue with some of what people are protesting, my issue is what people DON'T protest.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  22. #472
    Senior Member jimmycapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NW CT
    Posts
    638

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    So get off your ass?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #473
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,442

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I don't have an issue with some of what people are protesting, my issue is what people DON'T protest.
    The police get bucketloads of worship and adoration. You think they need more? You want more videos of the police taking poor people shopping on my dime? Is that it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  24. #474
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,655

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I don't have an issue with some of what people are protesting, my issue is what people DON'T protest.
    nope, I'm done, learnt 50 years ago while burning a draft card, that symbolic protest is wasted energy, I don't have any left to waste, I will use it hunting, fishing, shooting, and riding motorcycle. I am not an altruist, my time is for me

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  25. #475
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,305

    Re: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    nope, I'm done, learnt 50 years ago while burning a draft card, that symbolic protest is wasted energy, I don't have any left to waste, I will use it hunting, fishing, shooting, and riding motorcycle. I am not an altruist, my time is for me
    OH I don't protest shit, point of that was the bullshit picking and choosing a cause to burn some shit down when we all know they don't give 2 shits and just wanted an excuse to go on a purge.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •