Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Guilty or Innocent?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty

12 52.17%
  • Innocent

11 47.83%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Kyle Rittenhouse . Guilty or Innocent? Poll

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse . Guilty or Innocent? Poll

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin...ed544be1438e55

Some interesting points made by the "Force expert". Whether the use of force was justified or not he shouldn't have been there with a gun. He's too young and let's face it the presence of a firearm, especially in those situations, escalates things.

What an asshole, implying that citizens and police have different rights when someone attacks them...

Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger argued that Black is an expert in the use of force by police, not civilians.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    What an asshole, implying that citizens and police have different rights when someone attacks them...
    One could argue that there are differences which result from the fact that police are trained and citizens are not. While there may be differences, I agree saying he doesn't qualify is irrelevant. We all have the right to defend ourselves and if anything the standards of justification should be lower for citizens due to lack of training. With the police, the expectation that they are to adhere to protocols learned through training raises the bar.

If the defense demonstrates the attackers sought him out unprovoked then Rittenhouse may have a chance. If it's found that he did anything to provoke them then he's toast. Either way, he should face charges for carrying illegally since he is under age.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    We all have the right to defend ourselves and if anything the standards of justification should be lower for citizens due to lack of training. With the police, the expectation that they are to adhere to protocols learned through training raises the bar.
    Pretty much my thoughts with the exception that plenty of citizens are trained and some to a much better degree then some LEOS in certain aspects. I still think a LEO should be held to a higher standard given the nature of the job and to try to disqualify a witness based on the difference is laughable. In my mind, if the guy is saying a LEO would be justified then Joe Blow public would absolutely be as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC