Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Las Vegas

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Las Vegas

It's been a couple days since I've been on here and I'm shocked that there is no thread discussing what happened Monday.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Re: Las Vegas

I steer clear, but I’d assume it would be taking place in the guns thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Nothing in the gun thread.

Rich white dude kills a bunch of people using loopholes in the full auto laws.

Where is the travel ban?

Why won’t our president say “radical gun nuts”?

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2009 KTM 200 XC
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

Oh you mean the false flag, psyops event that recently took place?

2 Not allowed!

Lifer
    iTrader Score

Why, what happened?

Really though, I just kinda assumed most of it belongs in the gun-debate thread. The remaining aspects are still developing (e.g. motive).

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Why, what happened?

Really though, I just kinda assumed most of it belongs in the gun-debate thread. The remaining aspects are still developing (e.g. motive).
    Not really. The guns are almost irrelevant despite what the politicians are bleating about right now.

This kind of evil is some serious McVeigh level shit. When you consider the details that are starting to emerge regarding the planning it should be pretty obvious this dude was gonna fuck people up regardless.

Not much mention of the explosives he had either. I keep hearing about plastic stocks with springs and how if we had stronger laws they would have stopped a guy like that

All that said, it's pretty sad the victims are so quickly swept under the rug and relegated to pawns in a political game. Pretty fucking sad.

8 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

I have an opinion, but it won't be very popular.

2 Not allowed!
    '00 Honda VFR 800, '01 Subaru Outback, '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R

Kinda scratching my head what the motive was...and yes, assuming it will be in a gun debate thread (Kimmel and Noah Trevor points)

Kinda hits California at home field. My old roommate and boss were actually there, one of my patient's friend died. Super sad for the victims and families

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram/snapchat @cali2smoke

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Not really. The guns are almost irrelevant despite what the politicians are bleating about right now.

This kind of evil is some serious McVeigh level shit. When you consider the details that are starting to emerge regarding the planning it should be pretty obvious this dude was gonna fuck people up regardless.

Not much mention of the explosives he had either. I keep hearing about plastic stocks with springs and how if we had stronger laws they would have stopped a guy like that

All that said, it's pretty sad the victims are so quickly swept under the rug and relegated to pawns in a political game. Pretty fucking sad.
    I wish I could like this post twice

2 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

We Know nothing lets just argue

2 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I do love hearing all the politicians and celebrities who live under armed guard telling us how bad guns are. If they're so bad, maybe give up your armed security then?

0 Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

I love hearing pussies who are too scared to walk around without guns talk about “not being a subject”.

3 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Beyond it being a tragedy spawned by a psychopath, how does one prevent such a thing? How does one defend themselves against it? You can carry for self defense all you want, but your Glock is not going to aid in your defense when the gunman is 300' above and 300yds away. This type of shit scares me. My son is coming of age where he will want to be attending popular functions with large crowds, call me a pussy, but it scares the shit out of me.

There used to be a TV show on about how to survive disasters, both natural and man-incited. It was pretty interesting, but got a lot of "doomsdayer" wrap by the media elitists and was cancelled. It had some interesting things to think about.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Oh you mean the false flag, psyops event that recently took place?
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE

0 Not allowed!
    '00 Honda VFR 800, '01 Subaru Outback, '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    This type of shit scares me. My son is coming of age where he will want to be attending popular functions with large crowds, call me a pussy, but it scares the shit out of me.
    You need to think simple statistics. The odds of anything like this happening to you is minuscule. Heck, even if you were AT this particular event, you had a 0.2% chance of being killed, and a 2% chance of being injured. Let alone if you were only present in Las Vegas, or in the United States as a whole. Yes it could happen, but I could also win the lottery. Being prepared is not a bad thing, but being paranoid about it happening to you is stupid.

4 Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

And ignoring the issue of mass shootings is even more stupid.

What other 1st world country has as many shootings as we do that isn't in an armed conflict?

I love my AR's and all, but holy shit, the "gun laws won't fix it, don't even bother trying" mentality is flat out wrong.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2009 KTM 200 XC
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

iTrader Score

What has amazed me most about all of this is the incredible level of stupidity the media is getting away with. Almost every article I have read from the main outlets either demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge about firearms, or twists some pending gun legislation into something it's not by leaving out key facts and refusing to acknowledge the other side of the debate.

My favorite topic is "silencers". A little newsflash for those who don't know. They are not called silencers, they are called suppressors. Furthermore, they do not make guns silent. Not even close. Guns are extremely loud and screwing a little tube on the barrel isn't going to solve the problem. Even with the use of a suppressor, guns are still very loud.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE
    For the record, I have a whole bunch of questions after watching a few of the vids that were posted, none of which were influenced by tin foil. The words that come after this sentence are my own and are the things I noticed as I continued to understand more about this exercise.

Upon watching couple videos, I started noticing certain things such as the audio of two high powered rifles ratcheting off hundreds of rounds in unison and the total lack of ricochet evidence anywhere in any of the vids, the venue lights going full blast on the entire crowd, the comment in one of the videos that stated something like "that means they aren't real bullets", the lack of red mist or people falling down or bodies when the venue lights were on while shots were still being fired, the several comments from people that live in Las Vegas who don't know anyone who was killed or injured or know anyone who knows anyone.

Then there's the video of someone trying to help a few of the injured or dead and comments are heard "no entrance wound, no exit wound" and another group of people refusing help because "they're going to wait for the paramedics".

The interview with the guy in the blue shirt who stated he was laying face down to avoid being shot, yet somehow his shirt is perfectly clean. Couple that with his atrocious acting and what appears to me to be him reading from a script.

568 people killed or injured yet no information that directly connects anyone to this event. If 6 degrees of separation is real, it's totally gone out the window for this one event.

I'm not afraid to say it.....This was either a study in crowd reaction or a gun grab. Two spec ops agents were hired to pull the trigger and one guy was taken out after the job was done. The media is filling in the rest for us.

Don't forget about the other exercises that have taken place in recent years.....the helicopter flyover down the Miami strip, Jade helm, etc, etc.

It's right there out in the open, folks. No conspiracy theory, no foil hats. Plain as day......or you can believe what the media is saying and react accordingly.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 10-06-17 at 09:16 AM.

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Lol.

5 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2009 KTM 200 XC
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    ...but holy shit, the "gun laws won't fix it, don't even bother trying" mentality is flat out wrong.
    Which laws would/will prevent this sort of thing? No shit, I'm ready.

You want to try to put the genie back in this bottle? I for one don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell of that being possible.

If the news reports are correct and he used off the shelf rifles with what basically boils down to a spring and piece of plastic then I think you're going to have a very, very hard time "banning" those.

Ban rifles because they are painted black? That's just fucking childish.
    Ban larger magazine sizes? Maybe. Has a chance. But how many are already out there? Lots of evidence that for those who put their mind to it that won't help much.
    Ban semi auto rifles entirely? Again, how many are out there?

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    11 (100%)

Clay, laugh all you want but feel free to look into anything that contradicts what I've posted.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Clay, laugh all you want but feel free to look into anything that contradicts what I've posted.
    The problem with “out there” theories like what you have posted is that if anyone refutes them with any perceivable credible source the first thing to come back is usually sheeple, followed by “you just believe what the msm is saying.”

This is in no way a statement about my opinion of your actual theory.

Ps: I think your theory is ridiculous. Juvenile, even. You’ve either seen die hard too many times, or play too many video games. I still love you though.

2 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

The idea that more laws would work is so incredibly idealistic and delusional.

I wish someone on that side of the argument would step back and take an honest look at the existing laws. With the way they are structured now, anyone who carries a firearm is putting themselves in legal jeopardy. Look at the circumstances where the use of deadly force is justified. Now consider the fact that even if you find yourself under such circumstances, you'll then have to prove to a jury that the circumstances were indeed what they were and that you acted appropriately. That's a pretty tall order considering you have to convince 12 people who were not there when it all went down. Now take into account that there will be an opposing attorney who will be very skillfully trying to prove otherwise.

Some will point out the fact that despite the above, we still have gun violence. They will then say that this fact justifies more laws. To me it's pretty clear evidence that more laws won't work.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    You need to think simple statistics. The odds of anything like this happening to you is minuscule. Heck, even if you were AT this particular event, you had a 0.2% chance of being killed, and a 2% chance of being injured. Let alone if you were only present in Las Vegas, or in the United States as a whole. Yes it could happen, but I could also win the lottery. Being prepared is not a bad thing, but being paranoid about it happening to you is stupid.
    Yeah I get statistics, more likely to die in the bathtub while make toast, etc. But you know, just the fact that there are people out there capable of this is alarming. You think this was the only guy with these thoughts in their head? Go back to the OKC bombing and look forward through all the different mass homicides that have occurred. This wasn't a one time occurrence, it is a trend we are seeing in our society today. And not everything gets huge media attention, only the big ones. Sorry I sound stupid to you but to be aware of these things you have to think about these things. I'm not about to go live in a hole and fear for my life, but I do get worried, very worried. Chances are your 16yo won't die in a motorcycle accident, but based on that, would you give them a 'busa when they get their license?

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

Go laugh at the family of the woman from Tewksbury that was killed. Go convince them. Record it too, I'd love to see it.

2 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2009 KTM 200 XC
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast