Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motherfuckin' cowboy baby

Motherfuckin' cowboy baby

0 Not allowed!

Re: Motherfuckin' cowboy baby

He's a shoe in. Perfect candidate for that cesspool of a state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

In 2017 you can't write anybody off as a candidate that's not serious.

Stay tuned for the Nuge next.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

That linked article is comedy gold!

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post

Seriously surprised that fucking nutter hasn't run for office yet.
    Not a fan of his guitar playing either.

0 Not allowed!

“The Nuge” is just a clown. He doesn't actually stand for anything; he's a cheerleader for bad Republicans. Kid Rock, OTOH, is a remarkably intelligent and thoughtful guy, not to mention a brilliant marketer; I wouldn’t dismiss him out of hand.

I bet if he runs, he’ll have a real chance, and if elected, he’d be pretty decent. Probably in the top 20 of the Senate. I don’t know if I’d vote for him; I’d have to look more closely at what his policies and ideas actually are. But I think Michigan could do (and indeed repeatedly has done) a lot worse.

PhilB

2 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    “The Nuge” is just a clown. He doesn't actually stand for anything; he's a cheerleader for bad Republicans. Kid Rock, OTOH, is a remarkably intelligent and thoughtful guy, not to mention a brilliant marketer; I wouldn’t dismiss him out of hand.

I bet if he runs, he’ll have a real chance, and if elected, he’d be pretty decent. Probably in the top 20 of the Senate. I don’t know if I’d vote for him; I’d have to look more closely at what his policies and ideas actually are. But I think Michigan could do (and indeed repeatedly has done) a lot worse.

PhilB
    if you re-read what I said, it's that you cannot dismiss anyone in 2017.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

can we get another suicide, please? at least his t-shirts are awesome

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

3 days only, Dumbfuckistanians...

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveGaugeSage View Post
    I'll not knock him for this. Fugazi had the same policy, the door was capped at I believe $7.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

if you re-read what I said, it's that you cannot dismiss anyone in 2017.
    And if you re-read what I said, it's that I agreed with you. And elaborated that I don't think Kid Rock is a joke candidate.

PhilB

0 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

I really think that after everything shakes out, the fact that anyone can run with a legit chance to win...or at least the fact that the candidates AND voters should think they can...will be a very good thing for this country. I expect to see some fantastic candidates within the next couple decades, and not just from the two major parties.

This not so new phenomenon (Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Ventura, Franken, Trump, off the top of my head, plus kid Rock) of people parlaying show biz fame into office will hopefully morph into non-Hollywood, WWE, or record label promoted candidates. In other words, You Tube, Facebook, etc will facilitate grassroots candidates getting widespread recognition in other ways than some promoter deciding "They're the chosen ones" (for massive exposure). We are watching cnn and other mainstream media wither on the vine as we speak. People are already going all over the place for info.

The American public as a whole might just decide decide to dump BOTH parties, instead of just alternating which party to dump every 8 or 12 years. And when they do, there's never been a better time for great candidates with great ideas to be able to get their message out.

1 Not allowed!

I'll not knock him for this. Fugazi had the same policy, the door was capped at I believe $7.
    Fugazi for senate?

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Fugazi for senate?
    They'll never get past the waiting room.

2 Not allowed!

Jokes aside... This guy served from 1975-2015. Real high bar here:

0 Not allowed!

Fortunately, Waxman retired. Of course, he looks like a genius compared to some of these morons we have right now in Congress and the White House.

0 Not allowed!

And if you re-read what I said, it's that I agreed with you. And elaborated that I don't think Kid Rock is a joke candidate.

PhilB
    you have a curious way of agreeing with people. .02
    or perhaps I'm too dumb to keep up.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Tricky Mike could do it!

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

I don't see this (or Trump) as an example of anyone having a chance, I see it as people with popularity and money having a chance despite disastrous character flaws. Basically the fucking opposite of leadership qualities we should embrace; you know - intelligence, balanced perspective, maturity, experience, sanity...

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    at least his t-shirts are awesome
    His grill is pretty BAD ASS as well

and he knows how to reach his people

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    His grill is pretty BAD ASS as well
    if it ran on diesel i'd buy it right now.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    I really think that after everything shakes out, the fact that anyone can run with a legit chance to win...or at least the fact that the candidates AND voters should think they can...will be a very good thing for this country. I expect to see some fantastic candidates within the next couple decades, and not just from the two major parties.
    The question still remains whether anyone *who has something coherent to say*, other than “vote for me, I’m famous”, can run with a legit chance to win.

This not so new phenomenon (Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Ventura, Franken, Trump, off the top of my head, plus kid Rock) of people parlaying show biz fame into office will hopefully morph into non-Hollywood, WWE, or record label promoted candidates. In other words, You Tube, Facebook, etc will facilitate grassroots candidates getting widespread recognition in other ways than some promoter deciding "They're the chosen ones" (for massive exposure). We are watching cnn and other mainstream media wither on the vine as we speak. People are already going all over the place for info.
    The record isn’t great so far:
    Reagan had some good instincts, and good speechwriters, but wasn’t very smart or consistent.
    Schwarzenegger was a smart guy, but didn’t really have anything to say, and ultimately was just another politician who made no real difference.
    Ventura sounded good for a while, had some decent ideas, but once elected was disappointing in practice.
    Franken is a clusterf**k. He isn’t any better as a politician than he was as a comedian. Same old lefty shit as everyone else on that side of the aisle.
    Trump is a monumentally comprehensive clusterf**k. Stupid, greedy, incoherent, thin-skinned, reactive, populist. Maybe different, but not better.

The American public as a whole might just decide decide to dump BOTH parties, instead of just alternating which party to dump every 8 or 12 years.
    I’m totally on board with this …

And when they do, there's never been a better time for great candidates with great ideas to be able to get their message out.
    … but I gotta say I’m not seeing much in the way of signs of “great candidates with great ideas” successfully getting any actual messages out to the voters.

PhilB

0 Not allowed!

The question still remains whether anyone *who has something coherent to say*, other than “vote for me, I’m famous”, can run with a legit chance to win.

The record isn’t great so far:
    Reagan had some good instincts, and good speechwriters, but wasn’t very smart or consistent.
    Schwarzenegger was a smart guy, but didn’t really have anything to say, and ultimately was just another politician who made no real difference.
    Ventura sounded good for a while, had some decent ideas, but once elected was disappointing in practice.
    Franken is a clusterf**k. He isn’t any better as a politician than he was as a comedian. Same old lefty shit as everyone else on that side of the aisle.
    Trump is a monumentally comprehensive clusterf**k. Stupid, greedy, incoherent, thin-skinned, reactive, populist. Maybe different, but not better.

I’m totally on board with this …

… but I gotta say I’m not seeing much in the way of signs of “great candidates with great ideas” successfully getting any actual messages out to the voters.

PhilB

Can't say I disagree with any of this. I'm hopeful that there will be great candidates who simply wouldn't have wasted their time before, who will decide to run going forward.

1 Not allowed!