Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

National Full Carry Permit

National Full Carry Permit

There was a time when you could get a Federal Pistol Permit

This allowed for the carrying of a pistol anywhere anytime in the USA

I was also told (unconfirmed) that Israeli ex army etc. officers are required (encouraged) to be armed at all times

Now this should be difficult to get and maybe restricted to ex officers and or ex military officers etc. but transcend
    all soft targets etc. Maybe open to those willing to go through a real course like they are giving pilots.

There would be NO guarantee of a an unarmed sheeple herd

discuss

0 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Re: National Full Carry Permit

This should not "be difficult to get and maybe restricted to ex officers and or ex military officers etc.", or only "open to those willing to go through a real course like they are giving pilots". It should not even be needed. The right to keep and *bear* arms should simply be recognized as a basic, individual, Constitutionally guaranteed, human right.

PhilB

11 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Have you not seen the news lately? Good luck in having a productive conversation about anything right now.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Have you not seen the news lately? Good luck in having a productive conversation about anything right now.
    The thing about this one is, it's relatively difficult to choose which side benefits most from the obligatory suspected psy-op mind control conspiracy event. Would it be: Gun grabbers (One of Clintons self proclaimed most important stated objectives), or, the "remove/restrict/big brother anyone who might become an Islamic Extremist" folks (one of Trump's)?

Too tough to call. Default: just some random asshole.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    The thing about this one is, it's relatively difficult to choose which side benefits most from the obligatory suspected psy-op mind control conspiracy event. Would it be: Gun grabbers (One of Clintons self proclaimed most important stated objectives), or, the "remove/restrict/big brother anyone who might become an Islamic Extremist" folks (one of Trump's)?

Too tough to call. Default: just some random asshole.
    Default: We ALL lose once again. It really doesn't matter which way you approach it from. We all just fucking lose.

2 Not allowed!

Because it makes total sense...it will never happen

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    This should not "be difficult to get and maybe restricted to ex officers and or ex military officers etc.", or only "open to those willing to go through a real course like they are giving pilots". It should not even be needed. The right to keep and *bear* arms should simply be recognized as a basic, individual, Constitutionally guaranteed, human right.

PhilB
    You do know that there is a deep and wide debate about the actual, intended, and practical meaning of the second amendment. There are people as smaht, educated, and versed in the topic who don't come down the same way as you...

(I'm none of those things so my opinion doesn't count.)

0 Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Criminals carry their guns wherever they want. Why can't I?

2 Not allowed!
    2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Cages: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Diesel, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    You do know that there is a deep and wide debate about the actual, intended, and practical meaning of the second amendment.//
    And several court cases have affirmed it as a personal right, and subject to "reasonable" restrictions.

Scott Adams of Dilbert fame recently weighed in.

Why Gun Control Can’t Be Solved in the USA | Scott Adams' Blog
    On average, Democrats (that’s my team*) use guns for shooting the innocent. We call that crime.

On average, Republicans use guns for sporting purposes and self-defense.

If you don’t believe me, you can check the statistics on the Internet that don’t exist. At least I couldn’t find any that looked credible.

But we do know that race and poverty are correlated. And we know that poverty and crime are correlated. And we know that race and political affiliation are correlated. Therefore, my team (Clinton) is more likely to use guns to shoot innocent people, whereas the other team (Trump) is more likely to use guns for sporting and defense.

That’s a gross generalization. Obviously. Your town might be totally different.

So it seems to me that gun control can’t be solved because Democrats are using guns to kill each other – and want it to stop – whereas Republicans are using guns to defend against Democrats. Psychologically, those are different risk profiles. And you can’t reconcile those interests, except on the margins. For example, both sides might agree that rocket launchers are a step too far. But Democrats are unlikely to talk Republicans out of gun ownership because it comes off as “Put down your gun so I can shoot you.”
    Partisan Democrats complain about using the Chicago example, because racist. But Assault Weapons kill mostly white people, and get lots of press play. Affirming racism.

6 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-26-16 at 11:04 AM.
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

I don't own a gun and never have, but I think everyone has a right to own a firearm to defend themselves, hunt or shoot for sport. Without getting a permission slip from anyone. For minors, it should be the parent's choice.

When it comes to more powerful weapons, capable of mowing down dozens of people in a few minutes, there should be some basic criminal checks in place.

However, the penalty for harming others should be swift and severe.

Ideally, I'd prefer there be no limitations or checks, and the government should only be involved when an actual crime is committed - not acting as a nanny. BUT, there are too many idiots in the world for us to enjoy the freedom we should be able to enjoy, so we have to compromise some of that freedom to ensure some level of safety.

Not a well-thought-out response but it roughly sums up my point of view.

1 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    And several court cases have affirmed it as a personal right, and subject to "reasonable" restrictions.

Scott Adams of Dilbert fame recently weighed in.

Why Gun Control Can’t Be Solved in the USA | Scott Adams' Blog

Partisan Democrats complain about using the Chicago example, because racist. But Assault Weapons kill mostly white people, and get lots of press play. Affirming racism.
    That was a great little article.

0 Not allowed!

there should be no need for a "national" permit

I have one drivers license, and I can drive in any state, no reason that shouldn't hold true with a pistol permit as well

5 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    there should be no need for a "national" permit

I have one drivers license, and I can drive in any state, no reason that shouldn't hold true with a pistol permit as well
    Yep! The reciprocity patchwork of states is crazy. Some states will accept your resident permit, but not a non-resident permit. WTF?

0 Not allowed!
    2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

Cages: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Diesel, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    You do know that there is a deep and wide debate about the actual, intended, and practical meaning of the second amendment.
    There are also "national debates" about the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 14th amendments as well. Having a "national debate" doesn't make an individual's rights any less valid than before the debate.

The founders never considered "high capacity word processors, where words could be distributed at the rate of 50 words per minute".

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post

The founders never considered "high capacity word processors, where words could be distributed at the rate of 50 words per minute".
    By far, this is one of my favorite memes. It's not as good as some of the Kuntzman ones but those are a whole different deal.

National Full Carry Permit-quill-jpg

3 Not allowed!

was the .46 caliber, 20 shot repeating Girardoni air rifle any less worthy than a modern rifle

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

The whole "muskets" argument is really silly. Muskets, at the time, were weapons of war. We also like to ignore that weapons of "mass destruction" known as cannons and warships at the time were owned by private citizens when the constitution was ratified, but that doesn't fit the confines of the discussion.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    The whole "muskets" argument is really silly. Muskets, at the time, were weapons of war. We also like to ignore that weapons of "mass destruction" known as cannons and warships at the time were owned by private citizens when the constitution was ratified, but that doesn't fit the confines of the discussion.
    Have you seen the gas bill for filling up a modern warship? That alone will keep them out of the hands of most, no need for permits or background checks. "You'd like a warship? No problem, we've got a bunch docked right over here with empty tanks. You fill it up, you can sail it away."

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Have you seen the gas bill for filling up a modern warship? That alone will keep them out of the hands of most, no need for permits or background checks. "You'd like a warship? No problem, we've got a bunch docked right over here with empty tanks. You fill it up, you can sail it away."
    Most, yes, not all. Should we allow only the rich or powerful to own weapons of war? That certainly seems to be where we are going. As long as you have money, or fame, you have the right to be protected, otherwise bugger off.

Apologies for the infowars video, but the "material" is actual.

0 Not allowed!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

In Israel

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Ok, so, for starters my post was an attempt at humor.

Secondly, unless you want to start a welfare program that subsidies firearms, then yes those with money will likely have access to higher end kit. No, I don't want to start such a welfare program, nor do I see any point to this line of thought.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P

Yeah, I get it. You conflate rights with ability, however.

Because you have a right to vote doesn't mean that your vote is subsidized.
    Because you have a right to speak freely doesn't mean that your right to speak freely is subsidized.
    Because you have aright to defend yourself doesn't mean that your right to defend yourself is subsidized.

Your right to do something is not the same as your capacity to do something. Never has been.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    ...BUT, there are too many idiots in the world for us to enjoy the freedom we should be able to enjoy, so we have to compromise some of that freedom to ensure some level of safety.
    Absolutely NO! You have no right to the illusion of safety especially if it affects my liberty.

Benjamin Franklin said it best: “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

3 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    Absolutely NO! You have no right to the illusion of safety especially if it affects my liberty.

Benjamin Franklin said it best: “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Bears repeating.

1 Not allowed!

Agree with Ben Franklin, but I doubt that any more neutering of the 2nd Amendment, or even worse, any attempted federal gun grab from law abiding citizens if Shrillary gets in, will result in ANY safety, temporary or otherwise. Quite the opposite, in fact.

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast