Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 262 of 262 FirstFirst ... 182222242252253254255256257258259260261262
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 6550

Nervous yet? covid-19

Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    That effect is LIKELY....... LIKELY now just like having a cold.

My neighbor's husband, who was vaccinated, just came home from the hospital... for a SECOND time... after coming down with the virus back in FEBRUARY.

Should I go tell him that this is just a nuisance?

Your lack of empathy is pretty troubling, Mark. We all know what your opinion is... why do you insist on repeatedly making yourself sound like a psychopath?
    Hardly a psychopath....and it's not really lack of empathy, but more realizing this is a shitty world that does shitty things to us and no matter how I may feel about that or for the people who have to go through it, that's not going to change.

Some of us don't want to see that. Some of us want to make others out as monsters because we do.....

At what point do you go from bleeding heart to cold hearted killer then?

Sorry about your friend, but as noted above, shitty things are gonna happen to decent people regardless. Where are you gonna draw the line?

What number of bodies per day is your comfort level (and it can't be zero, or anywhere close to it if we want to live in reality instead of utopia? Not so pleasant to think about, but at some point we're all going to have to.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Shitty outlook on the value of the lives of others in a situation that could be minimized.
    Same question I just posed to Pete, and one you keep dodging. At what point is it "minimized" enough for your comfort level?

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Hardly a psychopath....and it's not really lack of empathy, but more realizing this is a shitty world that does shitty things to us and no matter how I may feel about that or for the people who have to go through it, that's not going to change.

Some of us don't want to see that. Some of us want to make others out as monsters because we do.....

At what point do you go from bleeding heart to cold hearted killer then?

Sorry about your friend, but as noted above, shitty things are gonna happen to decent people regardless. Where are you gonna draw the line?

What number of bodies per day is your comfort level (and it can't be zero, or anywhere close to it if we want to live in reality instead of utopia? Not so pleasant to think about, but at some point we're all going to have to.
    This is pretty rich coming from you. Didn't we have an argument about welfare abuse where and other government programs where you weren't happy that there was existence of abuse at all, and even though it was minimized?

So we must stop at nothing to stop system abuse.

But if people are actually dying... meh, its okay, life will go on? Strange priorities.

Although this is in tune with arguments I'm sure we had whether "guns laws dont work". Where its hard to comprehend that there are systems in place again made to minimize negative out comes from people doing stupid things in society and compromising safety others.

Hm. That rings vaguely familiar.

Same question I just posed to Pete, and one you keep dodging. At what point is it "minimized" enough for your comfort level?
    I have a close friend, who doesn't shake hands, never has, and he's never had a cold or flu, or been vaccinated

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    This is pretty rich coming from you. Didn't we have an argument about welfare abuse where and other government programs where you weren't happy that there was existence of abuse at all, and even though it was minimized?

So we must stop at nothing to stop system abuse.
    I'd love for you to find where I've said there can't be any abuse. Of course I'm not happy about it, but thinking there will never be any is something else entirely.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    Exposure to secondhand smoke causes an estimated 41,000 deaths each year among adults in the United States:1

Secondhand smoke causes 7,333 annual deaths from lung cancer.1
    Secondhand smoke causes 33,951 annual deaths from heart disease.1
    And smoking has had HUGE bans placed on it (e.g. mandates).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    But they won't actually outlaw it. Tax the shit out of it, limit where you can do it, allow employers to surcharge your health plan (and allow insurers to charge more) but the one line they won't cross is to actually outlaw it.

Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC / 2016 KTM 500XC W

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    But they won't actually outlaw it. Tax the shit out of it, limit where you can do it, allow employers to surcharge your health plan (and allow insurers to charge more) but the one line they won't cross is to actually outlaw it.
    I'm not playing semantics. If you want to take what I'm saying out of context to try to support a certain view point, be my guest.
    My point was that he made a bad example (assuming he was anti COVID restrictions). If he was pro restrictions that it is a wonderful example.
    I ducked out of this thread for awhile for a reason. I'm checking out again.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Exposure to secondhand smoke causes an estimated 41,000 deaths each year among adults in the United States:1

Secondhand smoke causes 7,333 annual deaths from lung cancer.1
    Secondhand smoke causes 33,951 annual deaths from heart disease.1
    I'm not sure what your point is here? Second-hand smoke is bad. COVID-19 at the current rate of infection today is about twelve times worse.

I think we should focus on the disease that kills 12 times as many people, no?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Lifer

I'm really happy I drove out to Hastings, NY and back today (680 round trip) to pick up a subframe for my wife's Saab. I missed this entire shit show flare up.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I don't know why I keep having to explain this, but: you cannot catch heart disease, cancer, stroke, Alzheimer's, or diabetes from someone else.

Why is this so hard to understand? COVID is a public health crisis because the actions (and health) of other people can directly impact your life, possibly fatally. About 788,000 people have died from a transmissible disease that they caught from someone else
    People only care when it hits them close to home.

I don't know if you saw the golden nugget not too far back but a member was ready to tell the whole world who supports vaccines to go fuck themselves when their family member wasn't feeling well from (allegedly/likely) it.

Can you imagine how that person would feel if somebody in their family was "killed" simply because another person sneezed into their family members face while out shopping instead of just being at home and recovering? Especially if you could track it back to who the person was that got them sick/dead? Oof.

Ah wait, I'm sure he would just tell them no big deal, it happens, we move on. Keep sneezing on people. Come over to family dinner next time youre sick, we'll roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I'm really happy I drove out to Hastings, NY and back today (680 round trip) to pick up a subframe for my wife's Saab. I missed this entire shit show flare up.
    The buildup to your “quitting NESR” period lasted longer than you were actually gone. Seems strange to quit on your quitting only to complain.

Anyway, welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    People only care when it hits them close to home.

I don't know if you saw the golden nugget not too far back but a member was ready to tell the whole world who supports vaccines to go fuck themselves when their family member wasn't feeling well from (allegedly/likely) it.

Can you imagine how that person would feel if somebody in their family was "killed" simply because another person sneezed into their family members face while out shopping instead of just being at home and recovering? Especially if you could track it back to who the person was that got them sick/dead? Oof.

Ah wait, I'm sure he would just tell them no big deal, it happens, we move on. Keep sneezing on people. Come over to family dinner next time youre sick, we'll roll the dice.
    Vaccines and vaccine mandates are two separate things. Didn't really read what I wrote or purposely trying to make it into something different?

Also glossing over Iglu is fine with people dying from adverse reactions because the risk is small and its for the greater good. I believe the term used was net positive.

Last edited by e30addict; Yesterday at 06:44 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

Many more members than I would have expected have repeatedly demonstrated a stubborn resistance to the best available courses of action. The have a firm, unsupportable decision which they repeatedly use non-science and terrible statistical manipulation to support.

It’s embarrassing, but nothing anyone does or says is going to change their minds.

Vaccines and vaccine mandates are two separate things. Didn't really read what I wrote or purposely trying to make it into something different?

Also glossing over Iglu is fine with people dying from adverse reactions because the risk is small and its for the greater good. I believe the term used was net positive.
    Nice try twisting words. Fucking embarrassing how you are resorting to that much of a stretch just to try to score points.

You are the one trying to justify not adopting public safety measures that would unquestionably save thousands of lives.

Keep up the mental gymnastics. It’s a great look on you. Your hard-on for any authority of any kind rears it’s head again.

Last edited by TheIglu; Yesterday at 07:38 PM.
    -Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Fucking embarrassing how many let the media rule their lives.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    The buildup to your “quitting NESR” period lasted longer than you were actually gone. Seems strange to quit on your quitting only to complain.

Anyway, welcome back.
    Never went anywhere. Reads all my posts. Still checks out my FB page. And does fake outrage. Peeping must have drove him nuts.

CLICK BELOW TO PROTECT YOUR FRAGILITY (Get a set of raisins like Vovchandr you pansies)

CLICK HERE TO PUT ME ON IGNORE

I'm not sure what your point is here? Second-hand smoke is bad. COVID-19 at the current rate of infection today is about twelve times worse.

Wasn’t for you and I was just replying to a dumb comment

“” you cannot catch heart disease, cancer, stroke, Alzheimer's, or diabetes from someone else.”

Still deaths by other people ( weak minded) who cause others to inhale toxins.

I was just quoting the CDC

Number 9 said this can’t happen ( can’t catch Heart Disease or cancer ) I was just showing yes it can happen and sure does .
    I don't know why I keep having to explain this, but: you cannot catch heart disease, cancer, stroke, Alzheimer's, or diabetes from someone else.

I wasn’t talking about Covid at all just letting him know he’s wrong

Last edited by zxme; Yesterday at 08:21 PM.

You haven't met my ex.

CLICK BELOW TO PROTECT YOUR FRAGILITY (Get a set of raisins like Vovchandr you pansies)

Chicago. Opiates. Illegal guns.

I'm not playing semantics. If you want to take what I'm saying out of context to try to support a certain view point, be my guest.
    My point was that he made a bad example (assuming he was anti COVID restrictions). If he was pro restrictions that it is a wonderful example.
    I ducked out of this thread for awhile for a reason. I'm checking out again.
    I'm using it as an example of something we've got a lot more data on, we know the benefits of eliminating both in dollars and lives, have had plenty of time and we've not made the hard cut. You can pine for a mandate but I don't ever see it happening.

Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC / 2016 KTM 500XC W

It’s been an interesting 2 days at work, we just called off all work and closed. Including myself, we have 10 workers normally out on various jobs, but last Friday, they were all on the same job together. 3 called in sick yesterday, we asked them to get Covid tests before returning to work. Tests on all three came back this morning as covid positive. Had the other 7 (myself included) go get tested as soon as we heard of the positive results, all 7 came back negative.

I also found out today the three guys that tested positive, were not vaccinated. The 7 guys that tested negative, were vaccinated.. of those 7, I was the only one with the booster shot.. go figure

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

One of my former occupations should have been called, “Managing Actual versus Perceived Risk.”

We are all going to die, of something. Your risk of dying is never zero. Be extra careful in the shower this morning….

///people dying from adverse reactions because the risk is small and its for the greater good. I believe the term used was net positive. :
    The only people I know who nearly died or died from Covid didn’t have vaccination. But it seemed prudent to explore the facts for myself.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

“Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 2 to 5 people per million vaccinated in the United States. Anaphylaxis, a severe type of allergic reaction, can occur after any kind of vaccination. “

225 million Americans have had at least one shot. So that’s 450 to 1,125 deaths.

“As of November 24, 2021, more than 16.4 million doses of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been given in the United States. CDC and FDA identified 54 confirmed reports of people who got the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and later developed TTS.” And for Moderna: two. So 56.

“ After more than 16.4 million J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine doses administered, there have been around 268 preliminary reports of GBS identified in VAERS as of November 24, 2021. These cases have largely been reported about 2 weeks after vaccination and mostly in men, many 50 years and older.” Those aren’t deaths, and not often permanent, but is adverse.

“ CDC and FDA have confirmed 1,071 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis.” Not deaths but adverse.

Summary:

“More than 459 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through November 29, 2021. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.

During this time, VAERS received 10,128 reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

To put this in perspective.

Number of [yearly] deaths for leading causes of death:
    Heart disease: 659,041
    Cancer: 599,601
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499
    Diabetes: 87,647
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565
    Influenza and Pneumonia: 49,783
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,511

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

It’s disconcerting that so Americans are arguing about this. It’s weakened the nation.

Last edited by Garandman; Today at 06:05 AM.
    “If at first you don’t succeed - don’t become a Paratrooper.”