Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11314142434445464748495051
Results 1,251 to 1,262 of 1262

Nervous yet? covid-19

Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    We live in a very rural spot. There is a trail that goes by, we share ownership with the next landowner who is family. We allow pretty much anything, snowmobiles, side by sides, dirtbikes, atvs, jeeps, etc. Dog walkers can get annoying as we just let our dog out as we live in the middle of nowhere. I have a sign up that says "no atvs until after mud season"

My son and I went on a small atv ride saturday, get 1/2 mile out and see this asshole drove around my sign, and just threw it in park in the middle of the trail, and went for a 4+ hour hike.

Attachment 52086

Fucking pissed. I left them a note.

We rode snowmobiles up to Oquossoc Lake a few times this winter to grab lunch. The girl working at the restaurant told us about a guy leaving his new F350 and enclosed trailer partially blocking a logging road. A logger took his skidder, hooked it to the front of the pickup, and dragged it 5 miles up the logging road. I guess it took multiple wreckers to get the truck out.

You need a skidder.

3 Not allowed!

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/chi...020182846.htmlUK leaders are accusing China of understating the impact of the virus by 15-40 times.

as authorities lifted a two-month coronavirus lockdown in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, residents said they were growing increasingly skeptical that the figure of some 2,500 deaths in the city to date was accurate.

Since the start of the week, seven large funeral homes in Wuhan have been handing out the cremated remains of around 500 people to their families every day, suggesting that far more people died than ever made the official statistics.

Social media users have been doing some basic math to figure out their daily capacity, while the news website Caixin.com reported that 5,000 urns had been delivered by a supplier to the Hankou Funeral Home in one day alone -- double the official number of deaths.

Some social media posts have estimated that all seven funeral homes in Wuhan are handing out 3,500 urns every day in total.
    The significance of this to me is that the "Infectious base" of this virus was much more widespread than originally thought. If the true numbers had been known earlier it might have made our response more urgent.

And this: kind of interesting how they go about censoring stuff.

Chinese social media users are scrambling to reproduce and repost a banned article by a doctor on the front line of the coronavirus epidemic in the central city of Wuhan after it was deleted by ruling Chinese Communist Party censors.

The 8,000-character essay titled "Whistlemaker" by Ai Fen, director of the Wuhan Central Hospital ER, initially appeared in China's People magazine, but was soon deleted from its website while paper copies were removed from the shelves.

China's tightly restricted internet went into overdrive in a bid to ensure that anyone who wanted to read it still could, with people translating it into English and braille, distorting and handwriting the text or setting the characters vertically rather than horizontally to evade automatic detection of its key phrases.

People then retweeted and reposted the article to various chat groups and to their personal friend circles, sources told RFA.

While some copies only survived a matter of minutes, others were still visible hours after posting, although the distortions used to evade censorship also made some versions hard to decipher.

Journalist and writer Luo Siling said she had seen at least 10 different versions of the article online, including translations into Chinese internet slang (known as Martian), and transcriptions into Tangut script, a form of Chinese calligraphy.

"It's all a way to get around censorship, so it's pretty cool," Luo told RFA. "The scariest thing about authoritarian power is its ability to say that black is white and vice versa."

"You're not allowed to say that: only they are, so this is kind of a satire on the part of internet users," she said."

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; Yesterday at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    We rode snowmobiles up to Oquossoc Lake a few times this winter to grab lunch. The girl working at the restaurant told us about a guy leaving his new F350 and enclosed trailer partially blocking a logging road. A logger took his skidder, hooked it to the front of the pickup, and dragged it 5 miles up the logging road. I guess it took multiple wreckers to get the truck out.

You need a skidder.
    I'm sure the raptor or the kubota could have dragged it anywhere I wanted.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Wtf?

0 Not allowed!

Well, things here could be worse: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...417615106.html

In a bizarre case in Theni district in Tamil Nadu, a 32-year-old Sri Lanka-returned youth who was home quarantined killed an old woman two street away by biting her on Friday, police said.

According to police, the woman who was admitted to a hospital on Friday died on Saturday.

Speaking to IANS, a police officer in Bodinayakkanur in Theni district said: "Manikandan had returned from Sri Lanka. He was home-quarantined. But on Friday, he ran out naked and bit the throat of an aged woman lady living two streets away."

Police said Manikandan was taken to the government hospital and was tested for coronavirus infection and doctors are also looking at his mental stability.
    Guess “Tamil Nadu Man” is the Indian equivalent of “Florida Man.”

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; Yesterday at 11:40 PM.

Just heard #’s for Boston: 74 cases, 59 recovered so far, 2 deaths. The deaths were a 50’s woman with other health problems and a man in his 80’s.

Boston would be golden with all the hospitals here, except it’s a regional medical hub so we have people from all over.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    I'm sure the raptor or the kubota could have dragged it anywhere I wanted.
    My overgrown lawn tractor (with chains) pulled a box truck 150 feet up a snowy hill, no sweat. But it’s a minor league farm team compared to a skidder!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; Yesterday at 11:43 PM.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Our idiot tenants clogged the drain by flushing wipes down the toilet - a lot of them. We sent the plumber over, cleared it, and told them to stop. Today it was clogged again!

The plumber knocked on their apartment doors and told them, "Stop doing this - I'm not coming back! Next time you will deal with your own shit!" Old Southie 1, New Southie 0.
    DAM, they sound like some SHITTY tenants....

Don't forget to tip your plumber....I'll be quarantined all month.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    It's true, victims can never be trusted to tell the truth. Always defer to the perpetrator.
    I count on it.

Wait, what’s the statute of limitations on

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    The Land Cruiser is no joke, arguably the most reliable vehicle available. One reason you always see UN and other organizations using them. They are also extremely capable offroad. They are not a dressed up Sequoia, much different.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Just heard #’s for Boston: 74 cases, 59 recovered so far, 2 deaths. The deaths were a 50’s woman with other health problems and a man in his 80’s.

Boston would be golden with all the hospitals here, except it’s a regional medical hub so we have people from all over.

My overgrown lawn tractor (with chains) pulled a box truck 150 feet up a snowy hill, no sweat. But it’s a minor league farm team compared to a skidder!
    Are you mansplaining what a skidder is to a Mainer?

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    We had this in our family. Really bad flu symptoms. Moved to lower respiratory. Week and a half of missed work. Lots of coughing. One in the clan finally ended up in the hospital, was put in isolation and tested for covid. Test took 1 week, but was negative.
    Nobody in our group has been outside of New England. No suspect travel and very little exposure to anyone that has. Risk vectors were all small.

It seems this is just two different things. Just like all the medical pros are saying on the TV.

At this point in time I do not see any point in wasting brain cells trying to care about any "patient zero". It's out there. Act accordingly.
    I'm not wasting anything - I've done zero research on it. I'm just curious to know if this was floating around longer than we realized, and how much (or little) that may or may not change the game here. Again, I haven't spent a minute looking into it, just wondering.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I saw the same thing last week, I looked into a septic tank, a ton of em, not clogged yet, house was vacant, realtor had open house earlier in day
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    most importantly, no handshakes

my only concern, is that I have a bunch of medical tests coming up, that I have to visit the #1 germ repository, hospitals
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'm not wasting anything - I've done zero research on it. I'm just curious to know if this was floating around longer than we realized, and how much (or little) that may or may not change the game here. Again, I haven't spent a minute looking into it, just wondering.
    My entire work, 6 of us got sick in December and passed it on to others. There's a cold and then there was this, I'm not a doctor but at 40yr old I've never seen anything like it.

0 Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]