Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 183848495051525354555657585960616263646566676878 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2116

Nervous yet? covid-19

  1. #1426
    Member MysterySquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    314

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19


    They eat anything and everything. Problem is it’s baked into their culture for thinks like natural medicine, paying tribute (like honoring someone by giving them exotic meat), or even empowering themselves (like eating a certain animal gives you their powers). I have no idea how they’re ever gonna stop this shit!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #1427
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    377

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Gestapo state.
    Stores out of necessities
    Everybody being sent free money
    Stores putting people into a single file line to shop
    Police states
    Open borders letting "Chinese virus in"
    People being told to stay home
    Business bailouts
    Government picking and choosing which business stay open
    Extra unemployment bonus building state of dependency


    Trumps Soviet America everybody. Thanks Rambo!

    Edit: Forgot death panels in the hospitals
    Tens of thousands of Americans dead due to China
    Government not being able to provide testing for the sick or care
    Endless government deficit spending
    Administration claiming they are doing a great job

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Vovchandr; 04-06-20 at 11:32 AM.

  3. #1428
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Police are pulling people over in Portland asking for papers, even if you have Maine plates.
    How's that work? They aren't on a true lockdown, and I don't think any state is. You can still go outside, alone, and visit the woods/ocean alone. What 'papers' do you show them then? Is it possible the incident(s) you're referring to had a little more detail to them, like people are clearly seen gathering together etc?

    https://www.newscentermaine.com/arti...d-3dd71b3e9a18

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

  4. #1429
    Member MysterySquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    314

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Stores out of necessities
    Everybody being sent free money
    Stores putting people into a single file line to shop
    Police states
    Open borders letting "Chinese virus in"
    People being told to stay home
    Business bailouts
    Government picking and choosing which business stay open
    Extra unemployment bonus building state of dependency


    Trumps Soviet America everybody. Thanks Rambo!
    I blame gangsta rap music that started in the late 1980’s!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #1430
    Lifer oVTo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North of Boston
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Have you not ever managed people or worked retail or something along those lines of dealing with masses of people?

    One sour apple spoils the whole barrel.

    Almost every law in existence is because one person took it to an extreme and now the entire group pays the price as well as the one idiot.


    The entire country right now is effected by actions of half a dozen people knowing or unknowingly bringing this into the country.


    Let me repeat that. Trillions of dollars lost. Millions unemployed. Thousands dead. Tens of thousands sick, millions under "stay at home orders".



    Due to the actions of ~half a dozen people to start.


    Fucking Brenda/Karen.
    Where do you get the '"half dozen" number?

    430,000 people flew from directly China to the U.S. after China announced the coronavirus, including thousands from Wuhan. About 40,000 people flew direct after Trump imposed travel restrictions a month later. Most flights went to LAX, but many were direct to SF, NYC, NJ, Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, etc. Name a hot spot, it's probably on the list of cities with direct flights from China after the virus was announced.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

  6. #1431
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,451

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post

    Rode through Chinatown Boston yesterday and every store was closed. even for take out. Shocking!
    Anne went shopping yesterday and wanted to pick up Chinese take-out on the way home, and the restaurant in town has closed for the duration, makes no sense, takeout is probably 95% of their business, I have never seen anyone eating in, always empty tables, quite possibly their supply chain, not getting deliveries

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  7. #1432
    Senior Member capitalcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    593

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Anne went shopping yesterday and wanted to pick up Chinese take-out on the way home, and the restaurant in town has closed for the duration, makes no sense, takeout is probably 95% of their business, I have never seen anyone eating in, always empty tables, quite possibly their supply chain, not getting deliveries
    Most likely half or more of their customer base are knuckle draggers who are afraid of all Asian people because of this mess. Chinese restaurants are struggling. Even Corona beer saw a huge dip in sales because people are incredibly stupid.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #1433
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,451

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
    Most likely half or more of their customer base are knuckle draggers who are afraid of all Asian people because of this mess. Chinese restaurants are struggling. Even Corona beer saw a huge dip in sales because people are incredibly stupid.
    pisses me off, only takeout in town is subs & pizza,

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  9. #1434
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,595

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    pisses me off, only takeout in town is subs & pizza,
    Ah yes, that rural lifestyle!

    What I'd do for some quality Indian takeout around here. (Really Indian buffet. But in this environment I'll take whatever palak paneer I can get.)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #1435
    Lifer backinthesaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Valley of Hope, Rhode Island
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    I hear some dirt bikes buzzing around in the woods near me. Pisses me off! Why? Because I don't have a dirt bike and this contradicts my no place and no time to ride.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

  11. #1436
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,790

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    pisses me off, only takeout in town is subs & pizza,
    JP China, while not the best is open. As far as I know, China Palace in Rochester is still doing take-out too. FAR better than JP...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  12. #1437
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,325

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Ah yes, that rural lifestyle!

    What I'd do for some quality Indian takeout around here. (Really Indian buffet. But in this environment I'll take whatever palak paneer I can get.)
    Good man!! Indian is the best English food there is!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    JP China, while not the best is open. As far as I know, China Palace in Rochester is still doing take-out too. FAR better than JP...

    "you want tung ting chicken or tungting else"?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  13. #1438
    Hypertarded
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    I hear some dirt bikes buzzing around in the woods near me. Pisses me off! Why? Because I don't have a dirt bike and this contradicts my no place and no time to ride.
    probably the same kids who go ripping by my house a few times a day, i'm waiting for the inevitable police chase...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #1439
    Lifer SwiftTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    15 min South of Boston
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Ah yes, that rural lifestyle!

    What I'd do for some quality Indian takeout around here. (Really Indian buffet. But in this environment I'll take whatever palak paneer I can get.)
    could always learn to make it. a lot of regular grocery stores have ready made sauce, just add chicken and veggies.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

    Current: 2016 S1000R. Past: 2010 Streefighter S, 2006 Monter S2R1000, 2003 RC51

  15. #1440
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
    Most likely half or more of their customer base are knuckle draggers who are afraid of all Asian people because of this mess. Chinese restaurants are struggling. Even Corona beer saw a huge dip in sales because people are incredibly stupid.
    Corona is temporarily stopping production.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #1441
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,200

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Ah yes, that rural lifestyle!

    What I'd do for some quality Indian takeout around here. (Really Indian buffet. But in this environment I'll take whatever palak paneer I can get.)
    I might just get me some Ragiini later. Or Thai. A few good Thai places here too!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  17. #1442
    Senior Member capitalcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    593

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Corona is temporarily stopping production.
    Yes this is new, within the last week. Their sales were down 30%+ before that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #1443
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,236

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    probably the same kids who go ripping by my house a few times a day, i'm waiting for the inevitable police chase...
    If you lived closer, i'd have been like

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  19. #1444
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,595

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I might just get me some Ragiini later. Or Thai. A few good Thai places here too!
    Ragiini Is great! Although there is a vegetarian place in Lowell that still blows the doors off that.
    The Thai in that plaza is meh. We actually have a pretty great Thai place out here on the edge of civilization. But I canít bring myself to order out yet. Iím too chicken shit to go to the home center right now.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #1445
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,595

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    could always learn to make it. a lot of regular grocery stores have ready made sauce, just add chicken and veggies.
    I could. I should and one day I shall. But today I do not yet know how to.
    My wife says she knows how. But has never demonstrated for me.
    I’ve been hooked on Korean lately. Or my approximation of it anyway.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #1446
    Lifer jasnmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chichester, NH
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Interesting https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

    Based on these models there's going to be some big differences in how impactful the virus is in different states.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #1447
    Lifer Kurlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterboro ME
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,741

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    How's that work? They aren't on a true lockdown, and I don't think any state is. You can still go outside, alone, and visit the woods/ocean alone. What 'papers' do you show them then? Is it possible the incident(s) you're referring to had a little more detail to them, like people are clearly seen gathering together etc?

    https://www.newscentermaine.com/arti...d-3dd71b3e9a18
    Coworker's friend, single person in the vehicle pulled over and checked in front of the Expo. I now have a placard for my car along with copies of DHS guidance on what are considered 'essential' along with Maine's executive order stating the same provided by work to carry with me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

  23. #1448
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,200

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Ragiini Is great! Although there is a vegetarian place in Lowell that still blows the doors off that.
    The Thai in that plaza is meh. We actually have a pretty great Thai place out here on the edge of civilization. But I can’t bring myself to order out yet. I’m too chicken shit to go to the home center right now.
    Viet Thai in Lowell? Place is amazing.

    Gati downtown is better Thai. There's also a decent thai place out by Dascomb road. Best Thai around is in North Andover though.

    If you travel for lunch Kasmir in Salem NH for Indian or Godvari in Woburn. I haven't eaten at Godvari but I've brought legit Indian kids out of Boston who went there to eat so I'm sure it doesn't suck.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  24. #1449
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    If you travel for lunch Kasmir in Salem NH for Indian or Godvari in Woburn. I haven't eaten at Godvari but I've brought legit Indian kids out of Boston who went there to eat so I'm sure it doesn't suck.
    I have eaten with legit Indian kids at Godavari and it's fucking amazing.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  25. #1450
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,200

    Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    could always learn to make it. a lot of regular grocery stores have ready made sauce, just add chicken and veggies.
    It's always better when someone makes it for you, especially since we have actual ethnic people around who know what they're doing.

    I'll never forget the burger I had in Goose Bay. I ordered a chipotle burger that was on the menu and a basic burger with a few jalepenos on it is what came out. Ummmm, nice try? I feel like me throwing a little fish sauce on something and calling it Thai would be pretty similar to that fail.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •