Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20405051525354555657585960
Results 1,476 to 1,492 of 1492

Nervous yet? covid-19

Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    That the place right on Beacon near Lee's Burgers?
    No, but I know the one you're talking about. More buffet style where they slop it on the tray in front of you? That place is pretty good, and nice to just stop in and grab a bite with friends.

The one I'm talking about is on Harvard, heading towards Brighton. I liked this one better for take out.
    https://g.page/Shanapunjab?share

1 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    No, but I know the one you're talking about. More buffet style where they slop it on the tray in front of you? That place is pretty good, and nice to just stop in and grab a bite with friends.

The one I'm talking about is on Harvard, heading towards Brighton. I liked this one better for take out.
    https://g.page/Shanapunjab?share
    I've actually never tried it. It always catches my eye everytime i go by though. I usually end up at the schwarma place right up the road or the tiny Thai joint right around there.

0 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

I've actually never tried it. It always catches my eye everytime i go by though. I usually end up at the schwarma place right up the road or the tiny Thai joint right around there.
    Coolidge corner is a solid hot spot for food as long as you navigate around the avocado toast.
    But who am I kidding, I love avocado toast.

Kupels is one of the rare places to get a good Bagel in Boston (Exodus in Roxbury/JP is much different style, but damn they are good).
    Pastrami sandwich at Mikes Deli is an absolute must.
    There's two Anna's. Despite taking a year-or-so hiatus from their burritos thinking there must be something better...there really isn't.
    Rami's (the schwarma place you're probably thinking of) is one of the best.
    I rarely go out to eat for Italian - but Bottega has one of the best mom & pop feels.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; Today at 06:27 PM.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

So does my 1 year old

0 Not allowed!

Coolidge corner is a solid hot spot for food as long as you navigate around the avocado toast.
    But who am I kidding, I love avocado toast.

Kupels is one of the rare places to get a good Bagel in Boston (Exodus in Roxbury/JP is much different style, but damn they are good).
    Pastrami sandwich at Mikes Deli is an absolute must.
    There's two Anna's. Despite taking a year-or-so hiatus from their burritos thinking there must be something better...there really isn't.
    Rami's (the schwarma place you're probably thinking of) is one of the best.
    I rarely go out to eat for Italian - but Bottega has one of the best mom & pop feels.
    Anna's is good, but they can't touch Felipes in Harvard Square!

The schwarma place in Brookline is great, but I actually prefer the schwarma on Huntington right by Gainsborough. Parking is a bitch when the kids are around. I had a good hookup there for a while that always gave me some extra meat for a bit too.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; Today at 06:35 PM.

Anna's is good, but they can't touch Felipes in Harvard Square!

The schwarma place in Brookline is great, but I actually prefer the schwarma on Huntington right by Gainsborough. Parking is a bitch when the kids are around. I had a good hookup there for a while that always gave me some extra meat for a bit too.
    I agree that Felipe's is better, but see my previous note about going to Cambridge from Boston. However...rumor has it that there is a connection between the owners of Felipe's and Anna's - I think Felipe's owners use to be a part of the Anna's restaurant family or something...I think they're super similar in taste. Felipe's has the salsa bar which gives it the win for me.

Are you talking Boston Schwarma? I went to Northeastern and have been there many times!

0 Not allowed!
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Anna's is very overrated.

1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Anna's is very overrated.
    I thought so too for awhile...completely stopped going for years it seemed. Wanted to like all the other places better. Eventually found myself back at Annas and was very happy.

Everyone talks about El Pelon. I convinced myself I loved it. I really didn't. Its good, but just cause it did well in a nationwide burrito bracket doesn't mean everything.

If you haven't gone to Chilacates, you owe it to yourself to stop by if you're ever around JP.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; Today at 06:49 PM.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Are you talking Boston Schwarma? I went to Northeastern and have been there many times!
    Yes. One of my faves, though for.middle eastern Ali Baba is damn good too. Open to 3am as well. Ready for sunrise after getting coffee there!

0 Not allowed!

I thought so too for awhile...completely stopped going for years it seemed. Wanted to like all the other places better. Eventually found myself back at Annas and was very happy.

Everyone talks about El Pelon. I convinced myself I loved it. I really didn't. Its good, but just cause it did well in a nationwide burrito bracket doesn't mean everything.

If you haven't gone to Chilacates, you owe it to yourself to stop by if you're ever around JP.
    Haven't been to Chilacates, will have to try once this virus stuff is over. Thanks!

I think Tenoch lives up to the hype.

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Mayor Bill DiBlasio was allowed to speak into a microphone again and called for a “National medical draft.” This is the same guy who was downplaying the C19 threat the second week of March.

There is no national service draft; the Cavalry ain’t coming; in case you haven’t noticed, the USNS Comfort is docked in your city; President Trump federalized the NY National Guard 3/23 and agreed to pay 100% of expenses. The population of NY state is 15 times the size of all active duty service personnel.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...de-blasio-says

“ Health Care Worker Draft Needed to Supply Medical Personnel, de Blasio Says”

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    ///many many words////besides that, it's fun to harass flatlander massholes, it's a tradition, even in normal times, don't think it's gonna stop just cause there is a pandemic going on
    1. Had to drive to medical shield supplier this morning so started counting NH plates leaving Boston. Stopped counting at 25.

2. To most NH and all VT residents, you’re a Flatlander.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; Today at 07:46 PM.

Schwarma: Falafel Palace in Central Square. Fight me.

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Put the bottle down.

2 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Ok

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

2. To most NH and all VT residents, you’re a Flatlander.
    I am a northern Vermonter who moved to lakes region NH, and I still live more than 1000 ft above sea level, how is it I became a flatlander when the road leading to my house is over 18%

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Can anyone imagine Boston hospitals turning away patients from NH? Unthinkable: Boston’s medical establishment is a regional asset.

The first Covid-19 case in NH was diagnosed 3/2 and brought to MA for treatment. He was an employee of Dartmouth Hitchcock, lives in Grafton County, and had visited Italy.

In normal times over 83,000 NH residents commute to Massachusetts for work each weekday. Even with the “Essential” rules in place, thousands are still doing so. We have tiny states in New England and the distances are short.

Because of the terrible ski season, skier visits were way down in early March, and all the Vail-owned resorts closed 3/15.

To say that MA visitors - during mud season - are the primary Covid vector in NH seems far-fetched.
    The hysteria on social media I see daily about the “out of stater” crisis in northern New England would be funny if it weren’t so predictable. Hopefully it doesn’t escalate.

The appropriate response is to not vacation there once this all blows over.

1 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I am a northern Vermonter who moved to lakes region NH, and I still live more than 1000 ft above sea level, how is it I became a flatlander when the road leading to my house is over 18%
    Nervous yet? covid-19-1063ee37-e890-408f-a4b3-1a00bf30298f

0 Not allowed!